Print Thread
#886706 25/08/23 07:20 PM
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...studios_on_baldurs_gate_3_we_want_to_do/

Possible DLC and sequel down the line. It gets my vote. I’m not done with the Sword Coast, Baldur’s Gate, or our companions and NPCs.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
celebrate celebrate celebrate

veteran
veteran
tldr:

- fans said "more"

- Swen said "No promises"

W
veteran
veteran
W
Awesome!

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
tldr:

- fans said "more"

Larian saying they want to do more Baldur’s Gate is a bit more encouraging than just that.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
There’s got to be a bit of poker face here with the deal making between Larian and Wizards and all that. Too eager, they think they have an advantage. Not eager enough, and they may look elsewhere.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Awesome!

tldr:

- fans said "more"

Larian saying they want to do more Baldur’s Gate is a bit more encouraging than just that.

It's 100% PR speech, and I'll treat it as vapor until I see proof otherwise.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Awesome!

tldr:

- fans said "more"

It's 100% PR speech, and I'll treat it as vapor until I see proof otherwise.

I wouldn’t consider that PR speech. That’s the art of saying nothing. Larian saying they want to do more BG isn’t a promise or a guarantee, but them expressing interest in more is nice to hear.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
A few weeks ago we were at, "We have a bunch of smaller projects, and we want to return to Divinity soon after a well-earned break," with no mention of Baldur's Gate. Now we are at "Yeah, a sequel or DLC sounds good. Not soon, or close to the near future in any capacity, but it would be nice to do more. After a well-earned break, of course." That sounds pretty different to me.

veteran
veteran
The quote from the article does say that some for of additional content will be worked on, after devs patch the game up and rest for a bit. It might be a DLC, a sequel or both.

I would like to see the non-translated quote. I imagine Tom Butler didn’t speak in Polish, and that would be quite a 180 from what was said up to this point.

It is not unthinkable that BG3 successful release, made the, think twice about moving on to something else, but I shall remain sceptic for now.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
The quote from the article does say that some for of additional content will be worked on, after devs patch the game up and rest for a bit. It might be a DLC, a sequel or both.

I would like to see the non-translated quote. I imagine Tom Butler didn’t speak in Polish, and that would be quite a 180 from what was said up to this point.

It is not unthinkable that BG3 successful release, made the, think twice about moving on to something else, but I shall remain sceptic for now.

W najbli?szej przysz?o?ci zespó? deweloperów jest nastawiony na ?atanie gry przez jaki? czas, zanim wszyscy wezm? w pe?ni zas?u?ony urlop. Dopiero po ich powrocie przysz?o?? serii Baldur's Gate zacznie nabiera? kszta?tów. Niezale?nie od tego, czy b?dzie to pe?noprawna kontynuacja, DLC w mi?dzyczasie, czy mo?e jedno i drugie.
?ród?o: https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/...-przyszlosci-baldurs-gate-3-chce/z7264fe

Wait, what's Swen's native language? Dutch? French?

Last edited by Boblawblah; 26/08/23 12:53 AM.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

W najbli?szej przysz?o?ci zespó? deweloperów jest nastawiony na ?atanie gry przez jaki? czas, zanim wszyscy wezm? w pe?ni zas?u?ony urlop. Dopiero po ich powrocie przysz?o?? serii Baldur's Gate zacznie nabiera? kszta?tów. Niezale?nie od tego, czy b?dzie to pe?noprawna kontynuacja, DLC w mi?dzyczasie, czy mo?e jedno i drugie.
?ród?o: https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/...-przyszlosci-baldurs-gate-3-chce/z7264fe

Pretty sure those are made-up languages. Swen speaks something real, like Swenglish or Swendish.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
At Bethesda they already know they are going to develop a lot of dlc to let the game stay alive.

https://www.ign.com/articles/bethes...ed-space-story-expansion-for-post-launch

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Palatinus
At Bethesda they already know they are going to develop a lot of dlc to let the game stay alive.

theyre a much larger company with deeper pockets and DLC sales built into their investment pitch though

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
veteran
veteran

Dutch or French of both. I don’t know Belgium terribly well, but from what I can gather Sven is from the French speaking side, while Ghent (where Larian Studio is) speaks mainly Dutch.

The article posted is in Polish, from a Polish video game site, and the person quoted is an English speaker, judging by his name. The quote does state they they will work on some form of sellable post launch content - I do wonder though, if it is a faithful representation of what the man has said.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Palatinus

Bethesda always produces post-launch expansions/DLC, so that was to be expected just as it is expected that the release version will be a buggy mess (history does have habit of repeating itself).

B
old hand
old hand
B
Baldur's Gate 3: Return of the Bugfixes.

I watched a video earlier that tied together Karlach's missing content, the missing upper city and Larian's history of releasing Definitive Editions with restored cut content.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard