Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or intended, but Withers just kinda' lets you pick pocket him. I Spent 5000 gold assuming it would just vanish, but when I saw "pick pocket" naturally, being the goblin that I am I had to try, and there it was my 5000 gold. Now taking that much all at once is impossible without a nat 20, but now I was curious, so I tried it, failed, and ran away expecting to be chased like any other NPC.
Nope
So I went huh- and kept trying over and over and over until I got a nat 20, stood up, walked in front of him, talked to him, and he did his normal dialog like I didn't just shove both fists in his robe for the last 10 minutes. And this continued, I could pick-pocket him whenever I wanted without any repercussions at all. Also this wasn't one save file, I finished my first playthrough and made a new character, went over him to change Shadowheart to a better cleric, and boop, stole my money back after 3 failed rolls with 0 issue

Something tells me this isn't exactly intentional

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Lol, I can just imagine Withers glaring at me in visible contempt and scorn as I'm fumbling about in his pockets. But I'm too important to the well-being of Faerûn for him to stop me.

R
stranger
stranger
R
It seems to be intentional, everytime you buy an item from an NPC the old you spend goes onto them.
Hell, an npc who runs a shop has their entire shop inventory on them too, so its entirely possible to steal literally every item from a store for free, or just buy the ones you want and steal your gold back never losing any at all.

Seems really dumb that you can get every shop item in the game for free with zero repercussions.

Link Copied to Clipboard