Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#887158 26/08/23 07:13 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I don't know if this is just me, but rolled a new save after patch one and now Gale scenes won't trigger even though the approval is really high. And when he does want to talk it's always the stuff he says after you feed him his first boots.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I an right at the point that I fed him the first thingy and also seeing that upon returning to camp he has an “!” but just repeats the same dialogue again. This is my first playthrough but somebody on reddit said that is supposed to be the “weave” scene. Another person there said the weave scene now happens at the party when you choose “go to bed dreaming about him”. This is my first playthrough and really want to romance him so I’ve stopped progressing until I can get more certainty if the scene really is bugged or if it was just moved to the party.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Adalhs
I an right at the point that I fed him the first thingy and also seeing that upon returning to camp he has an “!” but just repeats the same dialogue again. This is my first playthrough but somebody on reddit said that is supposed to be the “weave” scene. Another person there said the weave scene now happens at the party when you choose “go to bed dreaming about him”. This is my first playthrough and really want to romance him so I’ve stopped progressing until I can get more certainty if the scene really is bugged or if it was just moved to the party.

I've had it happen twice now so I'm thinking he's bugged. Which means putting my Shadowheart playthrough on the back burner. It seems similar to how he got bugged for awhile in EA.

A
stranger
stranger
A
So it’s been confirmed by several people in different forums, the weave scene has been moved to the party, so I guess him saying the same dialogue after you give hik the first item is a byproduct of them moving the scene.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Except his approval is damn near maxed and yet he was like 'alas we could have truly connected you and i' and there was no weave scene.

journeyman
journeyman
I have the bugs as well, with several different outcomes/bugs based on which companion I speak to first (I have also noticed that Wyll's location at the party can vary. Sometimes he is standing by Volo, sometimes he is at the lake where he should be).

Regarding Gale bugs:

I have given him 2-3 artifacts now? The last one he ate didn't trigger the normal "!" above his head when he needed the artifact, just him crouching over holding his gut. However, after feeding him the artifact and arriving back at camp, it gave the "!" over his head with just a repeated "oh thank you" dialogue.

At the tiefling celebration, his scene triggers are really bugged, and depending on coversation options or which order I have spoken to companions, I either don't get the scene, get one line, or can finish it partially, but the very end of going to sleep seems rushed/glitchy.

What I have found based on multiple reloads of the save:

- Which companion I speak to first seems to give varied results. If Gale is the first companion I speak to at the party, I can agree to meet him later, but then I can also go talk to Astarion and agree to hook up with Astarion later as well. If I speak to Astarion first, one time I was still able to get Gale to ask for magic time, but the second attempt resulted in the "you have eyes only for someone else" and I was auto friend zoned. Propositioning both Astarion and Gale and then going to bed doesn't give the normal "who do you want to share your bed with" option though, it just auto defaults to Gale.

- When speaking only to Gale to suggest the magic time, he does the normal "I want to show you something magical later" stuff, but no conversation about cats or belly rubs, but this might be due to approval? Not sure.

-1. Clicking the bedroll to "go to bed" doesn't even give me the option about dreaming of Gale and the weave, the weave scene just auto starts with
Gale holding out his hand and summoning the image of Mystra
. After selecting "pretty", I got an option of "You wanted to show me something" which, if selected, immediately crashes the scene and suddenly we are all sleeping and waking up to Halsin.

-2. Choosing any other option besides "you wanted to show me something" will allow the scene to continue normally, but the very end of it is cut off and all of the sudden you see the party sleeping and waking up to the Halsin conversation.

My game is heavily modded, however it's mostly cosmetic and armor, nothing that changes any kind of gameplay regarding companions.

Last edited by SheWildWolf; 29/08/23 10:41 AM. Reason: spoiler tag added
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have mods too but only thing I can maybe think of is Party Limit be Gone, but that hasn't affected anything else regarded companions outside of *this* so I really don't know what's up with it right now. At least it's not just me, I guess.

V
stranger
stranger
V
For me also Gale romance is bugged and broken. And this not mod problem, but they moved scene and some codding is broken after it. Hope they will fix it in Patch 2 and retirn his conversation about cats and belly rubs.

A
stranger
stranger
A
My friend gets the same problems and he doesn't use any mods at all. The changes they made for the players that were "accidentally" romancing him definitely broke stuff.

addict
addict
I never got the Weave scene because I wasn't romancing him. Then today in the temple of shar I got the "meet me tonight love confession" one.

Highish rep, was not actively trying to get him in my bed.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
He is not the only one. Some of the conversation with Raphael are borked too.

Link Copied to Clipboard