Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I just completed a certain quest chain with some odd results. Many spoilers for part of Act 3.

The Gondian/Iron Hand quest chain

1st, I saved all of the Gondians from the Iron Throne.

2nd, I saved all of the Gondians on the ground level at the Steel Watch Foundry, including Zanner Toobin.

3rd, I told Zanner I was going to use the runepowder bomb. He told me to place it and run.

4th, I made my way down and used the bomb.

After the explosion cutscene, there was a cutscene with Barcus, Wulbren, and Zanner. During the cutscene, Zanner said he is the last Gondian and he wants to mourn his daughter (who I saved from the Iron Throne).

I chose options that resulted in Barcus becoming leader of the Iron Hands.

Once the dialogue was over, Barcus, Wulbren, and Zanner remained standing in place, despite Wulbren stomping off during the dialogue as he was banished from Baldur's Gate.

Both Wulbren and Barcus acted as if they were the leader of the Iron Hands, and both added a Journal entry about joining the final fight on speaking with them.

Zanner said that maybe it was time for he and his daughter to leave Baldur's Gate, even though he said he was mourning her during the dialogue.

Are the Gondians saved or not? Is Barcus or Wulbren leader of the Iron Hands? It seems the game can't decide.

To make matters worse, I got the Gale contract dialogue bug directly after this, so I'm like WTH is going on?

UPDATE:
I reached the end of the game. Both Wulbren and Barcus had their own mini-cutscene at the gathering of allies.

Last edited by Nekopanzer; 29/08/23 02:14 AM. Reason: Updated with new info
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Yean patch 1 definitelty broke something.

Link Copied to Clipboard