Next Thread
Print Thread
#887921 28/08/23 02:07 PM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I've been trying to figure out how the kidnapping event works and was hoping others had some insight.

So far, I've found two triggers.

1) Long rest after the coronation scene. I had to do this 3 times but each night had an event so I assume it just has to work its way the queue.

2) Go to the spot in the sewers where the emperor's hideout lets out into. You don't actually have to go through the emperor's hideout, it will still trigger if arrive there backwards.

I've done two playthroughs of the game and in both Halsin was kidnapped. Also in both, he did not have the lowest opinion of my companions, but possibly did of the companions eligible to be kidnapped.

If Halsin is in my party, Gale is kidnapped. If Gale and Halsin is in my party, Yenna is kidnapped. I was not able to get Lae'zel to be kidnapped, but that may be because she's my active love interest.

In situation 2, Yenna always disappears from camp. I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but her cat just hangs around by itself. If Yenna is kidnapped in situation 2, I believe the cat is killed off screen. If I allow a party member to be kidnapped in situation 2, both Yenna and the cat remain in camp. So for optimal Yenna protection, this seems to be the best route.

As a note, I've seen people say that Yenna is Orin. Yenna is NOT Orin. First, everyone that Orin impersonates has Legendary Resistance when Orin is impersonating them. Yenna only has Legendary Resistance if she's kidnapped. Secondarily, if she's kidnapped then she'll just be there getting murdered by Orin when you go to rescue her.

Are there any other triggers for the event? Any other party members able to be kidnapped? Any other ways to protect Yenna and her cat?

Does anyone know if Yenna disappearing in situation 2 when she's not the kidnap victim is a glitch?

Last edited by The Red Queen; 28/08/23 02:26 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
enthusiast
enthusiast
Lae’zel got taken when I stumbled through the Emperor’s hideout. Not a love interest but very high approval by that point.

Bit annoying as she was a staple in my team for big fights, and I didn’t want to deal with all that at the time. So I reloaded and avoided the sewers for a bit. Halsin taken when I went back with her in party.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
The kidnap mechanic is dumb IMO and should go away.
There are plenty of other non-playable characters they could have used, but it's frustrating to see party members you depend on go away with nothing you can do about it except fight her.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Shinook
There are plenty of other non-playable characters they could have used, but it's frustrating to see party members you depend on go away with nothing you can do about it except fight her.

You can make it so Yenna is kidnapped. I'm not sure how many companions can be kidnapped but for me it was only Gale and Halsin. Lae'zel is the only other one i've seen mentioned getting kidnapped, so I assume having a party of those three when the scene triggers will always result in Yenna being kidnapped.

I believe this always results in her cat being killed though, which is unacceptable to me.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Forblaze

You can make it so Yenna is kidnapped. I'm not sure how many companions can be kidnapped but for me it was only Gale and Halsin. Lae'zel is the only other one i've seen mentioned getting kidnapped, so I assume having a party of those three when the scene triggers will always result in Yenna being kidnapped.

I believe this always results in her cat being killed though, which is unacceptable to me.

Indeed, camp needs MORE cats, not LESS!

I quite liked the kidnapping bit personally. Though I lost Lae'zel, who was useless to me as I ran with Karlach as my beefcake anyway. So I had no reason to be salty and just took it as a fancy plot beat.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I lost Halsi which was fine because he was there as an emergency backup character in case I lost a main party member.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Forblaze

Yenna was the first one to be kidnapped for me. I didn't use Laezel at all that run, nor Halsin. When I reloaded a save prior to deal with something else, it changed to Laezel, although what I did beforehand shouldn't have played a part. Maybe it's somewhat random?

Either way, I don't think they should be removing party members with no plot leadup or notice prior to major fights.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard