Print Thread
#888116 28/08/23 09:45 PM
T
tpfca Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Dear Larian Studios. I have already posted this in Steam Community, but I imagine this is a better forum of discussion.

I would humbly like to see rather small changes in gameplay simply to enhance QoL. Some, if not all, possibly as a toggle option in settings. I'm sure some of this has already been addressed, so forgive me for doubling down. FYI, I've only played part of the game, in solo mode.

In no particular order or relevance:
- Auto-Saves when travelling to different regions / zone.
- Add all /sell-all wares
- Make all intractable object highlight - barrels, crates, caches, objects.
- Run speed increased by 25-50%. Characters travel agonizingly slowly.
- Turn speed when facing multiple opponents takes way, way, way too long. My Social Security number expired while facing the Goblin camp...
- Level 12 cap is a caster-killer. WTB my "Power Word: Die". I mean, Seesa's asking for it...
- Make Withers a barber shop, too - Not having to start over cause.... ew!, would be a boon.
- Seller filter by type (weapons, armour, trinkets, expendables) and magic properties.
- Make a quick roll option - I really don't have to see the darn dice roll at every toss, and yes, I'll take all the possible buffs, kthx.
- Auto-fill rations to 40 even if stacks of the same food exist.
- If not the above, at least a clear all button to start over
- A true "Pause Game" button, when one needs to change a diaper or dodge the wife's literal "flying saucer".
- Rethink the dye interface so we do not have to dye, apply, close and repeat for each item.
- Make the stash in camp interactive - in other words, having items in a pouch, on hand, or in camp not affecting the ability to use set item (mostly for food and crafting). Turn that thing into a communal freezer!
- Make magical studded leather, breastplate and full plate more common in Acts 1-2.
- Have access to all NPCs inventory in Camp
- Hide helmet entirely.
- Zoom the camera further out, pretty please!
- Address the underuse of GPU in Vulkan API. (CPU at 100%, GPU at 1%)

So far, that's what I've got. Feel free to add more.

journeyman
journeyman
For an immediate dice roll, simply double-click, and you'll get the result directly without seeing all the bonuses added to the initial d20.

For Pause button you can do Esc

You can hide helmet entirely. Unfortunately, for companions not present in the party, the helmet display is re-enabled.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Undomiel
For an immediate dice roll, simply double-click, and you'll get the result directly without seeing all the bonuses added to the initial d20.

For Pause button you can do Esc

You can hide helmet entirely. Unfortunately, for companions not present in the party, the helmet display is re-enabled.

I just unequip their helmets when I am going to send them back to camp. The helmets in this game are so damned goofy outside the tiaras, Gale looks like such a goof I had to take it off.

T
tpfca Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thanks for that.

Undomiel:
- I would love to have the ability to simply forgo the whole dice roll thing entirely. it's annoying me. A simple "Roll: 22. DC 30 - Failed." in chat would be mercifully adequate for me.
- As far as I can tell, "Escape" doesn't pause the game. It gets you in a standby screen while the game plays in the background.
- You can hide the helmet entirely solely in cinematic animated discussions. I would like to play with the ability to hide the helmet and see my wonderful predator-looking Silver dragonborn attack! smile

Zenith
- I agree helmets are sadly designed. Hence my request to simply hide them form view. It should be the same for capes, too, if one so wished.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Ugh I hate the capes, because like camp gear all clothing is either bard goofy clothing or peasant/noble/paladin looks. Nothing remotely appropriate for druids or rangers or barbarians.

T
tpfca Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
To be honest, a cape was to either fend off the weather or to display status. A plain brown/green, animal skin-based, fur adorned back-worn apparel for rangers/druids/barbarians would be more realistic, indeed.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by tpfca
- You can hide the helmet entirely solely in cinematic animated discussions. I would like to play with the ability to hide the helmet and see my wonderful predator-looking Silver dragonborn attack! smile

Hover over the helmet button. It has an option to hide it entirely! smile You need to click twice, it has 3 states.

T
tpfca Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Reverie
Originally Posted by tpfca

Hover over the helmet button. It has an option to hide it entirely! smile You need to click twice, it has 3 states.

Yup. I was told how to last night. Thank you, though. I really missed that one. =)

Link Copied to Clipboard