Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#888469 29/08/23 04:22 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Neither of the codes for the PS5 that I just received are working in the PS Store. It is saying: The voucher code is incorrect or is no longer valid.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so, how to we resolve it?

Back from timeout.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I got the same problem, I have send an email, I’m awaiting respond

stranger
stranger
Same here. I’ve sent an email as well, but maybe it’s just that we’re trying to use them too early if it is happening to other people as well. Maybe we’re supposed to wait until August 31st.

L
stranger
stranger
L
That’s what I thought but you should be able to redeem and the download only the 31st

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
That is how it should work but does not mean that is how it does work. I have seen Steam games not let me enter the code until actual launch date, sure it can happen on console as well.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello! About the PS5 keys - there isn't an issue and the fact that they don't work at the moment is normal. The keys will be available for pre-load on August 31, 16:00 UTC!

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Salo
Hello! About the PS5 keys - there isn't an issue and the fact that they don't work at the moment is normal. The keys will be available for pre-load on August 31, 16:00 UTC!
Thanks!
I just got an email confirming that and was going to share with the class but you beat me to it smile

Back from timeout.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Ok thanks good to know that there is really no problem

Community Manager
Community Manager
A correction/update on the Collector's Edition keys: due to a limitation in the PS5 backend, these keys will become available to activate and download on September 2nd at 4pm UTC.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Really? That’s very disappointing, I just hope that she can download it then without any problems

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Lavluc2
Really? That’s very disappointing, I just hope that she can download it then without any problems

Not only disappointing. The game is more than 100Gb, this means that you will lose part of your early access if you internet connection is not top notch.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Lavluc2

Not only disappointing. The game is more than 100Gb, this means that you will lose part of your early access if you internet connection is not top notch.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Honestly, this is pitiful...

Not only do the collectors edition codes not work, but the actual physical collectors box is now delayed by 2-4 weeks...

If the game had been bought digitally from the PS store it can be pre-loaded as of now, even the standard edition which isn't available until the 6th...

But the customers who have paid the most, for the collectors edition are being shafted.

What guarantee do we have that the codes will actually work on the 2nd?
You've already sent them out and then had to explain that they wouldn't work until today, and then changed that to say they they won't work until the early access starts...
God speed to anyone with sub-optimal internet speeds, right?

It's also rather disrespectful that the only communication that's been made about the code issues is by the two posts above, no formal email to explain...let alone apologise...

K
stranger
stranger
K
Unfortunately I have to agree. It's not a good look.

I'm sure the company knew about PlayStation policies re: pre-order key activation. And if not, well... it's on them.

But the true issue is the communication to the people who have bought the Collector's Edition.

Sending an email day before planned delivery that it will be delayed 2-4 weeks? Without any reason and/or explanation? To me it seems dismissive.

What's more, there has been no email about key activation delay. I had to actively look for this information and I found it here and on reddit (both of which I don't normally use).

Honestly, I'm disappointed and expected better from a company like Larian.

B
stranger
stranger
B
This is shameful.

How do we even know the codes will work on Saturday? Not only we will lose hours to download it and get punished for spending more money but if the codes still don't work then we are completely screwed. Your customer support takes weeks to respond and we will lose the entire early access period.

What kind of company punishes the players who spent the most money on their game?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Totally agree with the posts above, delay shipping, no respond from customer support….etc, disappointed in Larian

L
stranger
stranger
L
I was very disappointed about the hiccups with the 2-4 week delay but it wasn't a big deal for me. But now to hear the code to pre-load for us who were committed to showing our excitement and love for this game through purchasing and supporting the CE are left on the backfoot is annoying. The worst though, is the fact that the only official update about this is on this forum in a difficult to find comment, and on a staff member's tweet in reply to someone. I've worked in tech in customer support for 4-5 years and this is the kind of thing I hate seeing companies (mine included) do.

Last edited by Leviathan898; 31/08/23 08:43 PM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Is this really how Larian are treating people who spend hundreds on the collectors edition? I've contacted all the avenues of customer support I can, and it seems that the Digital Deluxe Edition preorders are pre-downloading the game. While those that have the Collectors Edition version (which includes the Digital Deluxe) Cannot redeem the game until the 2nd of September?

Very disappointed. For people who have been anticipating the game for a long while, if they have a slow connection, they would only be able to *start* playing, after people that paid significantly less than them. Friends which want to get together and have fun for a long weekend of this game, now instead have to just deal with it.

I'm still waiting for an official response from their customer service team. But at the moment I have little hope.

Edit- I'm very disappointed in Larian here after receiving confirmation from Customer Service that they cannot or will not do anything here. "Due to a limitation in the PS5 backend" this can't be redeemed until the 2nd. But Digital Deluxe Preorders can, and are being advertised as such.

Last edited by Zecht; 01/09/23 03:16 PM. Reason: Response from CS
A
stranger
stranger
A
Thank you for the quick response. I understand that this is a large undertaking at that there is bound to be some unforseen issues when attempting to distribute a game through another party.
Sony can be very difficult to deal with when it comes to preloading games, so I understand that there could be issues.
I for one look forward to playing the game when it is released.

Thank you again.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yup, same here.

Just tried it once again, the codes are still NOT working.

Big bummer: No preload, no official confirmation that the codes will eventually work (when???), less early access time.

I thought about buying the game again but since I don't get an official update on this (also contacted support, no reply so far), I certainly won't. And I am all about supporting this game .. which is why I jumped and got the CE instantly when it was announced back then.

Doesn't feel right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard