Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
It’s me, the guy obsessed with banter and intra-party dynamics. Banter in Act 3 is great, but often silenced and cut short by random bullshit like Shadowheart’s wound. Also it is too difficult to trigger, can’t re trigger, and apparently requires continuous movement to get subsequent lines out of the next character in the script. I request a reworking of how banter triggers work. Please allow for repeated triggers on a topic until its related subject is resolved. DO NOT LET THE SMALLEST THING INTERRUPT BANTER. LET MY PARTY COME TO LIFE. STOP SILENCING THEM.

Copy pasting a post I made in technical:
while contextual banter triggers are nice and all, they are BROKEN AS FUCK. You get ONE shot at triggering a party conversation about that ONE thing at ONE location, and if the SMALLEST THING interrupts it, IT’S GONE FOREVER. Can’t retrigger, can’t change party composition and go back to the same location to try to get a replacement, just a truncated sequence and an overbearing stench of disappointment with a lingering odor of lost potential.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
+1
They should either restart or not be interruptable. Soo many banters I've heard only half of, really annoying.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Surely Shadowheart's wound line is bugged? I agree it interrupts other banter, and just now she's said it twice in a row, interrupting herself talking to Wyll. And this is despite the fact that I've completed her personal quest in a way I thought should have removed the wound, or at least (Shadowheart act 3 quest spoiler in tags) ...

... if sacrificing her parents to free her of Shar's curse wasn't meant to stop the wound bothering her, what was it for? I assumed that from the line I could have said about the pain being bearable, that was linked to the wound.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Oi if Shadowheart complains about her hand one more time I’m cutting it off.

Got banter about a field of flowers today, a line from Astarion, a line from Karlach, then silence. I had to move 4m just to get Astarion’s retort.

Fix. Banter. Triggers. ASAP.

ETA:
Looked up banter on YouTube. Voice files for over an hour of conversations are in the game, but many people on here and the subreddit are reporting no banter at all, or that it is “frontloaded” in Act 1. I can confirm that between the short Early Access conversations in Act 1 and the interrupted conversations of Lower City Act 3, I got absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Zerubbabel; 01/09/23 02:07 AM.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):

Link Copied to Clipboard