Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
If the game is ran via DX11 API in Fullscreen, it will always launch with an incorrect resolution. Here is an example in which the game should be running at 1920x1080, but instead always keeps launching in 1920x1061 resolution which makes the game terribly blurry;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Because of this bug the player has to go into video settings every single time they launch the game and click on any of its video options so that the game properly detects and switches to the proper native resolution. This does not happen if the game is ran Borderless or ran via the VULKAN API.

stranger
stranger
Hello. I have the same problem with resolution (the game use 1920*1061 instead of the set 1920*1080). Did you find a solution?
I know, that almost a year has passed, but I only now saw that topic).

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Unfortunately there is no solution.

Best thing one can do is send a bug report to Larian and hope they finally acknowledge this issue, as it's been ignored since launch despite being continuously reported by so many for almost a year now.

Until it gets fixed or 'if it even gets fixed'; the only temporary workaround is to manually make it use the proper resolution each time the game is launched or use the VULKAN API instead as it doesn't have this issue.

stranger
stranger
Sorry for so late reply. Thanks for the advice, but I've already written in the Steam technical support thread and asked other players - there's still no solution to the problem in fullscreen mode with DX 11. The devs, apparently, are not going to fix it (or maybe it will be fixed in patch №7).
But I found another way to launch the game with DX 11 in the correct resolution - you just need to change "fullscreen" to "windowed" (without borders).

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yup, even after update 7 this bug is still not fixed, just like broken anisotropic filtering... I've reported this twice now. Last time was 4-5 months ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
stranger
stranger
O
Yeah you need to be in borderless window if you want your resolution saved.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Orchid
I don't need to be- i'm using g-sync. Larian is well aware of this bug, they just won't fix it.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Bulochka
Originally Posted by Orchid
I don't need to be- i'm using g-sync. Larian is well aware of this bug, they just won't fix it.

I know, this was so frustrating that's why I use borderless now.

Link Copied to Clipboard