Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I prefer for my companions to wear regular clothing (as in what they wear in camp, not wizard robes) instead of armor. It just looks better when everyone isn't wearing mismatched garbage we've picked up off the ground. Unfortunately, you don't really get a good selection of clothing until you get to Baldur's Gate. It'd be nice if there was a tiefling in the grove that worked at one of the clothing shops and has a stock of clothing and dyes.

Last edited by Forblaze; 01/09/23 12:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I was disappointed by the lack of variety during early acts as well.

Literally just 3 outfits in ACT 1, about 2 more in ACT 1.5 and then like 4 in ACT 2. Did not get to Baldur's Gate yet, but I assume there will be some interesting selection. So I agree, wish there was someone in the grove who'd sell some nice stuff. At least the gobo vendor since they steal stuff all the time, or the Zhent merchant.

stranger
stranger
My hope was they give us an extra line of gear slots to costume armour you do like over the ones you don't.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by ContactFront
My hope was they give us an extra line of gear slots to costume armour you do like over the ones you don't.

You can toggle on camp clothing even when you're outside of camp and it does basically this. It's just the cosmetic outfit needs to be clothing.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Yeah, I was disappointed by the lack of variety during early acts as well.

Literally just 3 outfits in ACT 1, about 2 more in ACT 1.5 and then like 4 in ACT 2. Did not get to Baldur's Gate yet, but I assume there will be some interesting selection. So I agree, wish there was someone in the grove who'd sell some nice stuff. At least the gobo vendor since they steal stuff all the time, or the Zhent merchant.

There are plenty more.

And it makes sense....Risen Road isn't exactly fashion central of the Sword Coast. Druids would have no use for fancy clothes, or really any other clothes that aren't....druid-ish.

Goblins even less.

The rest of Act 1 are ruins more or less, no place that would really have decent, intact clothes.

Act 2 is pretty much the same, apart from maybe the 2 places that aren't ruined, and then again, it's a bit of a stretch to say those have plenty of intact clothing options....

Only confusing thing about Act 2 is that Robes of the Absolute are a clothing item, but Selunite Robes are Light Armor....not sure why...

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Kelemvors gavel
And it makes sense....Risen Road isn't exactly fashion central of the Sword Coast. Druids would have no use for fancy clothes, or really any other clothes that aren't....druid-ish.

Goblins even less.

The rest of Act 1 are ruins more or less, no place that would really have decent, intact clothes.

This wouldn't be very hard to write. Just say one of the tieflings is an apprentice to the guy that owns Facemaker Boutique, the clothing store in Baldur's Gate. He's transporting stock back to Baldur's Gate and he's willing to sell some to you.

You can stick a vendor for basically anything in the Grove this way.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F

Goblins even less.

This wouldn't be very hard to write. Just say one of the tieflings is an apprentice to the guy that owns Facemaker Boutique, the clothing store in Baldur's Gate. He's transporting stock back to Baldur's Gate and he's willing to sell some to you.

You can stick a vendor for basically anything in the Grove this way.

veteran
veteran
I can't be the only one who saw the word "Wardrobe" in the last patch and got all excited, only to realize it had nothing to do with what I thought it might be right? lol Alas

Regular clothing is such a great way to let the character get into customizing a look. Especially because this stuff isn't enchanted, so it really doesn't need to be gated in the same way as arms and armor which has progression beyond aesthetic appeal. Most clothing sets seen to have 3-4 colored components/materials often cloth and leather, so it would be cool if we could shop/paint/dye them in more elaborate ways.

It's also sad we can't do certain things like say, wear the chain shirt under our clothes (a classic) or to have our Wizards and Monks and the various unarmored types able to use a wider array of regular threads. A simple toggle like display clothing on/off would be nice. Currently if you disrobe outside of camp you're just your naked/undergarmented appearance.

Frankly I'd like to see more of the form hugging clothing sets, because things like sleeves and lower robes tend to clip and they have that thing going on where they look like tents or sails. Wizards robes would be the prime example, where the lower part of the robe looks more like rolled paper than cloth. Stuff below the waist feels very cylindrical compared to the options you get with light and medium armor, or some of the class specific outfits like the cool sorcerer's robes. Not to be too mage classists about that one, but wouldn't it have sorta made sense to give the Wizards the cooler default robes, just so they'd have that at least? hehe But style comes effortlessly to sorcerers, like everything else for them, and the wizards still got that sack look going on out the gate like the first week of EA. Things like belts and boots, vests, blouses, sleeves, no sleeves, collars and chokers, hats and hoods. It's a bit of a bummer that one can't wear say a circlet with a regular clothing hood or hat. Cloaks and great coats and tunics over armor also would look cool. That would be a fun way to combine what exists for armor similar to how capes work, but less cape-like and more coat-like hehe. It's incidental to the gameplay, but it makes such a difference in terms of characterization and replay and staying power over the long haul. Dress em up!

Last edited by Black_Elk; 01/09/23 01:51 PM.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Yeah, in my later playthrough's I never got that twitch clothing so my character has to cosplay as a bum for half the game.

veteran
veteran
There are plenty more.

Goblins even less.

Act 2 is pretty much the same, apart from maybe the 2 places that aren't ruined, and then again, it's a bit of a stretch to say those have plenty of intact clothing options....

Only confusing thing about Act 2 is that Robes of the Absolute are a clothing item, but Selunite Robes are Light Armor....not sure why...

Naturally it wouldn't make sense to have fashionable panties and dresses in the Grove, but it doesn't have to since a lot of gameplay aspects in the game do not make a lot of sense, so it still sucks having just 3 types of different rags in ACT 1. There's literally just 3 rags available throughout its entirety, meanwhile all companions have these super duper clothes and underwear from the very start.

Which is why I end up stealing underwear from other companions, because I deserve to look fancy too. Right now my Gale is at the camp in his undies only due to lack of underwear options grin

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
+1 to @Forblaze's suggestion.

We've got an infernal blacksmith tiefling hanging out at the Emerald Grove (as well as making another pit-stop pre-BG), no reason why we couldn't have a tailor tiefling there as well. They're all refugees anyway, so it would make sense for there to be a variety of professions among their rank, esp since they state over and over how most of them are not soldiers.

Last edited by Larathiel; 01/09/23 02:54 PM.
stranger
stranger
They should allow you to loot underwear and clothes along with armor off of fallen enemies.

addict
addict
Dude, that's gross. Never wear used underwear lol.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Holgrum
They should allow you to loot underwear and clothes along with armor off of fallen enemies.

You actually can with NPCs who actually do wear underwear, but only if you knock them out prior to doing so. That's how I took Minthara's underwear, gotta knock her out first grin

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Yeah, Robert Baratheon from GoT sums up why you shouldn't loot underwear:
(skip to 1:22)

Last edited by Larathiel; 01/09/23 03:20 PM.
stranger
stranger

You actually can with NPCs who actually do wear underwear, but only if you knock them out prior to doing so. That's how I took Minthara's underwear, gotta knock her out first grin

ROFL... that is priceless.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Larathiel
...no reason why we couldn't have a tailor tiefling there as well.

There was a tiefling tailor. His name was Kannon. He tells you as much when you use Speak with Dead on him.

addict
Online Content
addict

I don't think you must knock them out. I had taken Shadowheart's clothes and underwear off at camp, and after the long rest wanted to put them back on. So I clicked on the clothes in her tab, but they didn't go to her but to my PC because she had focus at that time.
So all the party members can switch their clothes just like that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
I don't think you must knock them out.

We're talking about regular NPCs though, not party members.

Naturally for party members we just open their inventory and equip it, but NPCs who wear underwear and can be permanently killed, such as Minthara/Halsin/Jaheira will not drop their own underwear when killed. They have to be knocked out first for the underwear to appear as loot, otherwise it's lost forever.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
@JandK: I stand by my point: Dead men sew no camp couture. :P

On another note, do the hirelings we can recruit have custom clothes of their own that we could try on? I'm tempted to recruit a couple just to see...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard