Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi folks.
Suddenly I am getting a lot of crashes to desktop after patch 2.
I am at the start of Wyrms Crossing in Act 3.
Its happened 3 times so far, but not always in the same place.
On re-loading, I have to read the license again, then set my brightness gamma settings.
Then when I get into the game, the tutorial messages have been reset, plus my dice has been reset to the default ones.
Not had many crashes so far, but now I am getting a few.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
We seem to have a few threads about crashes since patch 2 so let's consolidate here as it's the first I've found that specifically mentions patch 2 in the title so might be easier to find. I'm going to lock the following threads and redirect here:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=890175#Post890175
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=890368#Post890368
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=890376#Post890376

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
Just tried to go to camp in the blighted village after killing a particular boss fight.

Ethel

Game screen went black then crashed without a crash log, verifying files now because the launcher suggested to.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I had not been able to play since last weekend, where my party had just entered Wyrm's Crossing. Loaded up the game yesterday and was going crazy trying to figure out why my game was crashing seemingly within 5 minutes (or less) of loading up my save. My playthrough up until then had not been crash free, but usually it was a crash after playing for 5-6 hours (maybe once per session).

The amount of crashes I had yesterday before finding all of these threads had me changing all sorts of settings, ensuring drivers were good, deleting old files, etc. I stopped launching the game after my last "crash" where I was fleeing combat to camp on one of my characters and tried to switch back to a toon still in combat, and my screen went black and my computer restarted.

By the end of my crash session I probably had crashed the game 10-12 times + the black screen restart before hoping the issue might be larger than just my PC

Last edited by Roon; 02/09/23 02:59 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yep, same. Crashed within about 5 minutes of starting after downloading patch 2. This is even on DX11 instead of Vulkan (switched because of all of the crashing).

Annoyingly settings are still reset after crashing. Well, hopefully patch 3 comes soon...

Last edited by Stonechat; 02/09/23 03:45 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Same here getting constant crashing after patch 2 update on my windows PC.
Tried everything including re-install the game, it still crash my game every 5-10 minutes, which is servely impacting my experience.

I have defeated some boss and then got crashed for too many times, I fight the same boss over 6 times involuntarily.
However, the game seems to be stable running with steam deck, which I don't enjoy playing at home when I have my PC around.

Please fix it ASAP, I need to play this game without needing to save every 3 minutes.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Hadn’t had a single crash since launch… game started lagging horribly followed by constant crashes since patch 2. Level up screen in particular is a buggy mess now.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I have had a STAGGERING amount of crashes since Patch 2. I am playing on PC. I've crashed after using the portal to go to the surface after defeating Act 2's boss. I've crashed multiple times just trying to quick save. Like, pressing F5 crashes the game. I've crashed probably five times since Patch 2 and almost none before it.

Also: these crashes are spectacularly more annoying due to the fact that quick saving is supposed to be one of the ways to safeguard against crashes. When it crashes because you're saving, it's super frustrating. And the cherry on top is that when I go back into the game, it resets all of my settings and I have to go through first time set up again, such as checking the nudity box, and the brightness, and it resets all of the tutorials. Even when I then turn off tutorials, I still get them.

Last edited by ignite; 02/09/23 08:29 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
same issue here, no problems until patch 2 and now I'm getting straight to desktop crashes anywhere from 5min-1hr of playing it has happened 10-15 times since patch 2. has occurred all over act 1 and 2 and while doing different things nothing specific seems to be triggering them. I've tried changing settings, verifying game files and doing a complete uninstall/reinstall and it is still occurring. any help would be appreciated, worrying about quick saving constantly and having to redo stuff over and over isn't fun ):

Last edited by riznotix; 02/09/23 10:27 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Fingers crossed for a hotfix this weekend..... doubt it though.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by ignite
Also: these crashes are spectacularly more annoying due to the fact that quick saving is supposed to be one of the ways to safeguard against crashes. When it crashes because you're saving, it's super frustrating. And the cherry on top is that when I go back into the game, it resets all of my settings and I have to go through first time set up again, such as checking the nudity box, and the brightness, and it resets all of the tutorials. Even when I then turn off tutorials, I still get them.

I had ZERO issues, ZERO crashes pre patch 2 so I didn’t even realize that having to deal with resetting all my settings was even new or unusual but YES this is just compounding the frustration with the crashes.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Have also been having issues since this patch. Can't get past 100% loading before crashing ;-; Reinstalled 4 times now, no change.

stranger
stranger
I'm having crashing anywhere between 5 minutes after loading a save to 40 minutes in. No obvious trigger, it could be in the level-up menu, in a conversation, or in battle. Tried reinstalling, moving drives from my SSD to my NVME, etc. I had zero issues in this regard before patch 2. It sucks because I absolutely love this game, being around 50 hours in (Just started Act 3).

stranger
stranger
After some tests, I checked the windows event log and found that the main problems were "KERNELBASE.dll" and "desktop-runtime-6.0.21".
If "desktop-runtime-6.0.21" is deleted, the game cannot be played.
After reinstalling "desktop-runtime-6.0.21", the game will still crash.
Whether you update windows or repair "KERNELBASE.dll" again, the result is the same.
And I think the biggest problem still lies in "NET Version: 6.0.21".
Below is my crash event log.

-----------------------------
失敗的應用程式名稱: LariLauncher.exe,版本: 4.36.34.458,時間戳記: 0x6467e56c
失敗的模組名稱: KERNELBASE.dll,版本: 10.0.19041.3393,時間戳記: 0x6b4de7c9
例外狀況代碼: 0xe0434352
錯誤位移: 0x000000000002cf19
失敗的處理程序識別碼: 0x194c
失敗的應用程式開始時間: 0x01d9de2fab677b3e
失敗的應用程式路徑: H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Launcher\LariLauncher.exe
失敗的模組路徑: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
報告識別碼: bdd5c992-3bbf-4a90-a5b9-6a761388af69
失敗的套件完整名稱:
失敗的套件相關應用程式識別碼:

Application: LariLauncher.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2123.36311
.NET Version: 6.0.21
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at LariLauncher.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at LariLauncher.App.Main()

H
hpe Offline
stranger
stranger
H
Good morning,
After several crashes and several tries, I identified that my game crashes when I save after going out and returning to the shadow-cursed lands.
For the moment I can continue exploring act 2 but I can't go back to act 1 and come back without the game crashing.
(sorry for my English: google translate)

K
stranger
stranger
K
Here is my story: I was playing with no crush at all for 100+ hours. Suddenly the game crashed when i was playing. I saw the patch 2 is coming i assumed cuz of the patch game crashed. After patch 2 i got different kind of crush msgs such as DXGI Error Device Removed / dxgi_error_device_hung, game freeze at %100 install screen b4 the main menu. (i never reached the main menu) Then i tried my other games, unfortunately i get the same dx errors in other game (jagged allience 3). I am not mentioning fixing game files, reinstall the game. So i clean installed the G drivers. Now i dont get DXGI errors but in anyways through steam or launching the game without steam; the game freezes before getting to main menu. I tried everything -1. What is that -1? RTX 2070, i7 9700 CPU, Win10, 32memo. I hope the game didnt ucked up my pc... frown I cannot open any games on my PC right now.

Last edited by Kuduz; 03/09/23 09:18 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello,
Since friday, I can't play in thrid act, all my actions got an awful delay... Here is a video for the smoothest fight I could go through...

If I reload my saves in act 2, is far way better. My 2 previous runs were smooth, but at the moment, they got the same issues smirk

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by moontime
After some tests, I checked the windows event log and found that the main problems were "KERNELBASE.dll" and "desktop-runtime-6.0.21".
If "desktop-runtime-6.0.21" is deleted, the game cannot be played.
After reinstalling "desktop-runtime-6.0.21", the game will still crash.
Whether you update windows or repair "KERNELBASE.dll" again, the result is the same.
And I think the biggest problem still lies in "NET Version: 6.0.21".
Below is my crash event log.

-----------------------------
失敗的應用程式名稱: LariLauncher.exe,版本: 4.36.34.458,時間戳記: 0x6467e56c
失敗的模組名稱: KERNELBASE.dll,版本: 10.0.19041.3393,時間戳記: 0x6b4de7c9
例外狀況代碼: 0xe0434352
錯誤位移: 0x000000000002cf19
失敗的處理程序識別碼: 0x194c
失敗的應用程式開始時間: 0x01d9de2fab677b3e
失敗的應用程式路徑: H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Launcher\LariLauncher.exe
失敗的模組路徑: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
報告識別碼: bdd5c992-3bbf-4a90-a5b9-6a761388af69
失敗的套件完整名稱:
失敗的套件相關應用程式識別碼:

Application: LariLauncher.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2123.36311
.NET Version: 6.0.21
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at LariLauncher.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at LariLauncher.App.Main()
the same
crash starts after 1-5 min playing
unplayable after latest patch

Last edited by luibrain; 03/09/23 06:03 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
stuck in act 2. My game crashes whenever i save or quicksave. I basically can't progress until they patch their game...

G
stranger
stranger
G
I am stuck in act 2 because my game crashes to desktop 100% of the time now each time i manual save or quicksave. Absolutely disgusting. I can't even play my save.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard