Next Thread
Print Thread
#891105 03/09/23 10:48 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
The game has run fine on my HP Omen until about 4 days ago. Now whenever I launch it, it crashes and shows up the crash reporter.
I have been through everything. I have reinstalled the game twice. Reinstalled steam, reinstalled VStudio, Nvidia drivers, net. I have even reinstalled windows and I cannot get this game to run anymore. Frustrating beyond believe. At one point I reinstalled VStudio and then it worked. As soon as I closed the game and restarted. back to the old loop of crash reported. Now even reinstalling VStudio doesn't work. I can't think of any thing else except buy a new pc because this has me baffled.

It simply doesn't work even after a reinstalling windows. Other games work fine including Divinity2.

B
old hand
old hand
B
1. There was an update, Patch 2, about 4 days ago. The news was all over the gaming part of the net.
2. Reinstalling Windows was stupid.
3. Reinstalling the game equally so.
4. That you were baffled is evident from your post.
5. Did you send the error report to Larian?
6. Did you think to use a search engine?
7. Did you think to read any of the many posts on this forum making similar complaints?
8. You have just learned the valuable lesson that having things update automatically is not such a good idea after all.

Option 1:
Go to your Baldur's Gate 3\Data folder and remove (do not delete) Patch2.pak and see if your game works

Option2: Try launching the game directly from the exe. If you are using Vulkan the exe is Baldur's Gate 3\bin\bg3.exe if you are using DX11 the exe is Baldur's Gate 3\bin\bg3_dx11.exe
Create a desktop shortcut for each exe and try loading the game from both.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
1. Useful info
2 through 4 pointless wank
5 yeap. No response.
6 doesn't warrant a reply.
7 no I have not found this particular issue common. But totally game breaking.
8. Your condescension is entirely boring.

Neither of your actual suggestions work. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by cobrasai; 03/09/23 11:32 AM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Patch 2 basically fried this game. All you can do is wait for a hotfix/patch at this point.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I went through the same process you did. What helped me in the end was running the game through Vulkan instead of DX11. It currently runs fine. Which is funny because pre-patch 2 it was laggy as hell on Vulkan, unplayable. And I swear I tried it several times post-patch 2. But it suddenly started working for me... also if you are running the game through GOG Galaxy, you could try rollback to previous patches, although this did not help me. This game behaves really weird and I personally think it is still Early Access, not matter what the devs and magazines say. And will be for a long time. grin You either have to keep trying or wait 2 or so years until the game is really finished and then play. hehe

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Stonechat
Patch 2 basically fried this game. All you can do is wait for a hotfix/patch at this point.
For some people it did. As did Patch 1 and as did several if not all of the hotfixes. I haven't had a problem with any of the hotfixes or the patches using Vulkan or DX11. The thing to do is try to help in finding out why. Post two sentences - patch broke game; all we can do is wait for patch - doesn't help much.

Originally Posted by Maniak85
I went through the same process you did. What helped me in the end was running the game through Vulkan instead of DX11. It currently runs fine. Which is funny because pre-patch 2 it was laggy as hell on Vulkan, unplayable.
Interesting. That was my understanding of Vulkan re-Patch 2. [/quote]

Originally Posted by Maniak85
You either have to keep trying or wait 2 or so years until the game is really finished and then play. hehe
Or play the victim. Very popular these days I understand.

B
old hand
old hand
B

Link Copied to Clipboard