Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
In Act 2 if you have bad dice rolls during
the fight in Last Light Inn and Isobel get's kidnapped, you basically get the Slayer form forced on you.

I don't mind this part. It adds a little drama to an attempted Good Dark Urge run. What I do mind is that the only dialogue options you get with the companions about it are to say how happy you are with this result. No RP options for a Good Dark Urge who is horrified with the turn of events.

Then there's Act 3,

Once you get the revelation from your Butler that
you're Bhaalspawn
, the Narrator has some ominous line about how you'll need to be careful who you tell and who you don't.
But there appears to be no option to actually discuss this with your companions? This might be a bug because I've read online that other people are getting the option to discuss, but despite several reloads it is not happening in my game.

After
Gortash explains everything
, you can talk to the companions you have in your party and they'll give you some reactions, but you have no option to actually talk about your thoughts and feelings about everything, or argue against there's. Half of your companions can be angry at you, and you have no RP options to respond at all. And then even after companions tell you they're angry or need time to process, if you talk to them again they act like it never happened. There's not even a conversation you can have with your romantic interest about it, just that one line and then nothing.

There's no real sense of a lasting impact or resolution in regards to your relationship to the party, and it makes this dramatic revelation feel kind of empty.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I wanted to bump this thread, because it's something I haven't really seen discussed.

The first part in particular is a bit immersion breaking - if you fight to protect the Inn as Dark Urge, but fail, all you get are dialogue options expressing how joyful you are at Last Light being destroyed. When you inevitably have to kill enthralled Isobel at the end the Act, even though you don't necessarily lay a finger on her, the game treats it as if you deliberately killed her (thus granting the slayer form). I don't necessarily mind this, in the sense that (willingly or not) you killed the desired target, but it's a little frustrating to have dialogue largely act as if you deliberately chose this.

stranger
stranger
Bump here too.

In my DUrge playthrough, my character decidedly chose to keep his urges secret. I never picked any conversational options to talk about the urges. Never ever! Also, I left everyone behind when I actively went to kill Isobel after creepy dude told me to. And I made it a point to NOT use Slayer form in front of any companion.

Queue my surprise when Astarion out of the blue just went: "So, you are the Slayer now." Or something along those lines. I mean, TF?
Same after the Isobel kill. Suddenly all companions just gave me flag for killing her. Again, nobody was in that room besides Isobel and I! No witnesses! And I most definitely didn't tell anyone!

Yet, somehow magically they all just knew right away? They knew I killed Isobel, they knew about Slayer-form, knew about the urges...

That was VERY immersion-breaking and disappointing. I think, no companion should know about my dark sh*t unless I CHOSE to tell/show them.

journeyman
journeyman
I agree that there is a lot of immersion breaking scenarios and inconsistency, and not just with Durge. Regarding Durge though, it astounded me in my playthrough when discovering things while talking to Gortash that not one companion spoke up during the conversation. Not a single remark from any of them, and then not even back at camp. I ended up reloading a save and took several long rests before actually entering the city so that it was through a dream that the butler made the big reveal, and then I had a scene play with Jaheira, which made much more sense story wise, but there was still just silence from the companions during the conversation with Gortash. A huge turning point in the story and no one had anything to say about it? Big let down. (Not even afterwards for me but this was back in Patch 2 so bugs maybe)

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Gotta Bump this.

My Dark Urge playthrough was trying to play as struggling against the urges, while still hitting all of the plot points. I did feel like the dialogue options were not as robust as with other choices. I would love to see more of a distinct feeling to the playthrough over other options.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I was so dissapointed with absence of any comments from my companions after the revelations from Gortash. But as mentioned above, apparently there are some reactions... which I did not get. So I guess... bug it is.

But beside this I still had a feeling, that nobody actually cared much about the whole urge stuff. The first meeting with Orin (before the bhalspawn revelation) when she called the MC a sibling I was really expecting some 'WTF'?' from the companions, but nobody said anything. Maybe another bug? Who knows...

In general, the idea of bhalspawn has a potencial, but I think it is still lacking, when it comes to companions reactions.

Link Copied to Clipboard