Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Originally Posted by Ravenna_Ravager
There's alot of things wrong with this game, so doing the fixing in a patch is most unlikely but welcome ld if able but yes the/a Definitive Edition is probably where it'll happen.
Sorry, what exactly are you referring to? If it’s wrong then surely they would want to fix it in a patch?

As for Act 1 recruitment, it’s important to know that if they ever add that, people would also demand the same for Halsin. It’s doable, but I’m not too optimistic. What I truly want for her is a personal quest like other companions. I don’t really mind if she can be recruited earlier or not, I’d be happy if she gets any new content tbh.

People argue ‘good’ and ‘evil’ a lot in this game because it’s based on DnD, alignment is somewhat of a big deal. She's not a 'good' person by those standards. I personally don’t care about that, but a lot of people do and that’s alright smile

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by rendemption
There's alot of things wrong with this game, so doing the fixing in a patch is most unlikely but welcome ld if able but yes the/a Definitive Edition is probably where it'll happen.
Sorry, what exactly are you referring to? If it’s wrong then surely they would want to fix it in a patch?

As for Act 1 recruitment, it’s important to know that if they ever add that, people would also demand the same for Halsin. It’s doable, but I’m not too optimistic. What I truly want for her is a personal quest like other companions. I don’t really mind if she can be recruited earlier or not, I’d be happy if she gets any new content tbh.

People argue ‘good’ and ‘evil’ a lot in this game because it’s based on DnD, alignment is somewhat of a big deal. She's not a 'good' person by those standards. I personally don’t care about that, but a lot of people do and that’s alright smile
Semantics; By Drow standards she isn't all to bad. imo But what I'm saying is, because what had happened to her, Her character could have a more drastic or not change in her World view and person views etc... She doesn't have to be Goody Boy too-shoes like Wyll but stepping in that direction at least, via choices etc...

Semantics; By Drow standards she isn't all to bad. imo But what I'm saying is, because what had happened to her, Her character could have a more drastic or not change in her World view and person views etc... She doesn't have to be Goody Boy too-shoes like Wyll but stepping in that direction at least, via choices etc...

Oh, hell yes. She’s much better than most drows lol. She's a special case due to her circumstances, but I’d argue that she's already an outlier because of how incredibly loyal to you she can be. I doubt most, if any, drow nobility would want to have you as a consort and take your last name to replace Baenre. Granted she hates her mother but that's still a great amount of devotion.

I don’t think she’s capable of 'redemption', at least not in the timespan that they give us. She speaks of wanting to reshape the world and is certain that she won’t change her mind when you try to persuade her, and for good reason too. Unlike Astarion, she has had free will for a long time (200+ years) and has a better understanding of why she sees the world as it is (so she’s stubborn af). It makes sense that her change isn’t any more drastic than it is, but I like to think she could be guided to a better direction - eventually.

I like to think she could be guided to a better direction - eventually.
If they go against all odds and their own words otherwise and made a direct sequel to BG3 without her I'd be big mad.

Last edited by Auric; 16/10/23 09:49 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bloodshed
I'd like to see an opportunity to recruit her in act 1 after
love scene
when you can say that Absolute is not what she's thinking. Some persuade check with advantage or else. Don't have anything against a neutral way to recruit her but I want evil way be more rewarded in her case.

In addition: at the moment it's a strange that you'll have same lvl approval if
you ignored grove or helped destroy it and slept with her
because there's definitely different dialogues in Mindstorm with her while rescuing her and you even have an advantage on save roll for a relationship.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Bann Duncan
"Minthara is actually good" is perhaps the stupidest fan view I've seen out of the BG3 community, or at least it is up there with "Daddy Halsin" and the terrible fanservice writing we got out of that.
I can say the same about your opinion. Seeing how Viconia DeVir has now been retconned into a joke of a villain from the masterpiece of the original Bioware games, I doubt you have the intelligence to comprehend what Minthara fans are asking for.

Last edited by LordGMLP; 18/10/23 02:30 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I personally think they should just allow you to recruit Minthara either way, opposed to patching out exploits to keep you from it, it's obvious the majority of fans want both Minthara and Halsin.

Going genocide evil towards the grove cuts a ton of content from your game later on. Tho it's still a pretty neat option to raid the grove. At the very least the game is lacking in evil companions going that route, it's sorta imbalanced in that aspect, not to mention disappointing.

When have you ever heard of an evil mastermind working all by their lonesome in D&D? I know the game isn't lacking evil characters, why not recruit them? What about Lorroakan, Sarevok, and Viconia? They could've been companions, tho it's probably too late now I guess.

I have to potentially send 4 characters packing along with their quests for a single naughty drow. My camp looks like a ghost town because of it and my playthru is shorter, less story and all that. Sorta depressing actually.

I know the creators won't make any drastic changes to what they already have, it'd cost a ton of time and money to do that, I'm only thinking of means of what could already be possible. Extra evil companions would be nice but I think they should focus on what they already have, such as patching bugs and Minthara wink

~Kensei~
Originally Posted by BhaalSpawnKensei
I personally think they should just allow you to recruit Minthara either way, opposed to patching out exploits to keep you from it, it's obvious the majority of fans want both Minthara and Halsin.

I know the creators won't make any drastic changes to what they already have, it'd cost a ton of time and money to do that, I'm only thinking of means of what could already be possible. Extra evil companions would be nice but I think they should focus on what they already have, such as patching bugs and Minthara wink

I wholeheartedly agree. If you have the time, consider sending this as a feedback through the Larian website. Chances are they are going to notice and hopefully consider implementing it into the game smile

T
addict
addict
T
Well dont know if yu guys are knowing..but some of the News they are saing
its that they will gave the new difficult and something about Minthara on Good Path Games..
(i just read that yu will have to choose between her and Halsin when yu side with the grove and she came along in some way.)
data Miners dig something like that

and i beleave its true becouse since lounch 1 of the Most comented thing was this one.. to Have her in the Hero Path
and the amount of Cheese people find out to make her come in the Hero Path. like the Sheetara bug. haha
(another Strong reason i have to Beleave that this one will come true its Halsin.. A Lot of People dosent like hin and just bring the dude to be taken by Orin..haha)

Just drop on the Google Search BG3 Minthara News..
theres 3 places talking about it or more.

Last edited by Thorvic; 08/11/23 11:56 AM.
The new difficulty pertains to Honor Mode (which is present in DOS2) and is speculated to feature permadeath and limits you to one save. Sounds like torture but I know some people dig that lol. Concerning the datamine of Minthara, below is an excerpt from the same source, detailing a 'new' way to get Minthara in a future patch:

Visit the Grove in Act 1. Then visit the Goblin Camp and tell Minthara you will help her raid the Grove. Without long resting, go to the Grove and move the idol of Sylvanas, setting off the Druid/Teifling conflict. Flee from the fight. Then go back to the goblin camp and free Halsin, tell him the grove has been sealed so he joins your camp. Go to Act 2 and visit Moonrise Towers. Save Minthara and tell her to join your camp. Go to long rest and get the CRD (Camp Relationship Dialogue).

So it's not a 'good path' at all, it's neutral at best, and it seems to be a response to the exploits instead of an attempt to make her character more accessible. You won't be able to have the tieflings/Halsin and her in the same path, which is a disappointment for a majority of people. It would still be wise to send feedback to the Larian website.

journeyman
journeyman
I wholeheartedly agree. If you have the time, consider sending this as a feedback through the Larian website. Chances are they are going to notice and hopefully consider implementing it into the game smile

I sent my feedback to them, didn't realize there was a special place for that. Thanks for suggesting it.

~Kensei~
apprentice
apprentice
WoW, if i knock Minthara, quest "kill three warchief goblins" will be complete and i can invite Minthara in act 2?

Originally Posted by White.Kelevra
WoW, if i knock Minthara, quest "kill three warchief goblins" will be complete and i can invite Minthara in act 2?
There's a bit of restriction on the knock-out currently. It must be while she is Temporarily Hostile. If the entire fort goes into full aggro or you reveal yourself as an enemy to her in conversation, it won't work. So like, steal something in front of her or break the nearby drum that summons reinforcements to make her Temporarily Hostile, and then knock her out that way. If you want to attack her to initiate combat it must be before talking to her, or she'll still be treated as dead. The quest to defeat the goblin leaders will progress properly and she'll be in Moonrise Towers in Act 2 this way, yes. It also won't work during the raid on the grove, so best to just not start that if you want to recruit her this way.

Last edited by Auric; 01/12/23 11:24 PM.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard