Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
addict
addict
Looks more like a DOS attack than spam.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
And now there is a flood of Dubai, Indian and Pakistani call girls sitting in Story & Character. Maybe they heard about Halsins polyarmoury.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
Only saw one earlier, but they're back at it again. I'm sure the forum's gonna get flooded soon enough.

The bots seem to know when most of the mods are asleep.

veteran
veteran
I think @MarbleNest is right.

I don't know what the moderation tools look like but I wonder if brand new users could be restricted from posting during sleeping hours?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
Looks more like a DOS attack than spam.

I agree. It's disconcerting because it's been going on for a month already. I'm concerned because these forums are kinda unique and I'd hate to see them get knocked off cause of something like that. Sure then we have reddit and discord and steam and all the various socials, but those are all sorta behind a wall as general platforms, you don't often get home boards like these anymore, not for a big current release, where it's just sorta all about the one specific game and the devs like home turf.

If they have to archive and migrate boards, or put in place some extra safety rails like limiting how long it takes to post or create a new thread after registering, that'd still be preferable to closed boards, or no boards. I can't imagine even the most enthusiastic legit user needing to post more than a few times in an hour. This might also encourage more activity in existing threads, though right now the search function is kinda botched for that, cause the old threads are using a different encoding since they were restored. They're also mostly from EA by volume. I think they should probably archive and migrate, and then maybe when they do that they can really jazz up the functionality and the window dressing and use it as opportunity to engage here a bit more.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 10/10/23 08:35 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi, sorry folks. After a dip in numbers we’re seeing more spam accounts created again, and while if we’re around we can often ban them before they post much if at all, as you’ve seen if they get in while we’re elsewhere they can create tens and even sometimes hundreds of posts. Hopefully it’s tidy again, at least for now.

As moderators, unfortunately, we can’t do anything more than ban spammers and delete their posts, but I know Larian’s community management team were following up to see what more can be done to blacklist, block or otherwise prevent spammers registering or filling the forum with posts.

I’ll update you as soon as I hear anything.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thank you, mods, I know this can't be easy.
They are spamming again in the Character & Story section.

Doctor Who
addict
addict
IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN....... DUBAI GRISLL LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
P
addict
addict
P
Um... Have the adbots started making threads about HP printers, or is someone taking the piss?

J
Online Content
J
My favorite spam email I've ever gotten was this one:

This is the Grand Master of the Great ILLUMINATI Brotherhood
Welcome to the Illuminati secret society world. This is the source of happiness for all human beings who believe in Wealth, Fame, Powers, Wisdom and the Super Rich, And I I’m the initiation Masters in this orders of secret society You have been selected because the illuminati see a great personality in you, you will be the one to help the people in need, the homeless will enjoy you, you will feed the poor with the help of the illuminati, we can make yours business move and we can give you whatever position you want in your workplace or be creative in anything you do You're going to benefit from this organization. if only you're serious and ready contact me email at

Finally, someone recognising my greatness. Although I'm a little suspicious of a secret society that contacts you by email. Also, 'the homeless will enjoy you, you will feed the poor' - I'm thinking there's some sort of Soylent Green scenario going on.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'd guess, the HP printer are spambots too

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Larian had mentioned getting a new forum. Hopefully we can get one soon with no gateway timeouts or call girls!

A
A
Suggestions for BG3 are flooded with the spam. 5 pages worth of scam bots. Useful threads get drowned in this sea of garbage.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yes, we've had a number of new and different spammers today, along with the usual call girls and abortion pills. Hopefully tidy again now, but unfortunately I'm sure they'll be back.

I know that the forums getting flooded with spam makes it impossible to find the genuine posts, and rest assured that we will clear spam down as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we're not here 24 hours a day and it's starting to feel as though the spambots are!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Now we have coinbased help desk spam? New bossfight?

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Originally Posted by JPCoutelier
Also, 'the homeless will enjoy you, you will feed the poor' - I'm thinking there's some sort of Soylent Green scenario going on.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha laugh

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
A
A
More spam in story forum.

This is insane. There has to be a limit for posted threads in short amount of time.

Z
addict
addict
Z
At least the moderator get some new difficulty lvl in BG3 what is better that Tactician.
O BOY I AM SO ENVY.
Monster Respawn.
Variety and restlessness .
Never ending challenge with different archetypes .
Out smarting AI.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 12/10/23 12:49 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Plenty of spam today, Larian should just get an AI Moderator that autobans the words call and girl.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
At least the moderator get some new difficulty lvl in BG3 what is better that Tactician.
O BOY I AM SO ENVY.
Monster Respawn.
Variety and restlessness .
Never ending challenge with different archetypes .
Out smarting AI.
I hope Larian names the new difficulty level "Hordes of the Dubai Call Girls"

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard