Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ikke Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
In my Dark Urge playthrough, I am very confused about what happened to Isobel at the end of Act 2. The story does contain spoilers:

At the Last Light Inn, I tried to protect Isobel, but she got abducted despite my best efforts. I decided to roll with that, thinking that there would probably be a future opportunity to free her. That did not happen. When I started fighting the disciple of Myrkul, she was there suddenly, and she was hostile. We did not attack her, she was level 5 and didn't do much harm. When the giant skeleton was defeated, Isobel was suddenly dead, without any discernible cause. Dame Aylin fled the scene through the portal without a glance in the direction of Isobel's remains. That was strange by itself, but back in the camp my companions scolded me for having murdered Isobel. In a conversation with Minthara, my main character even admitted doing so. She said she was compelled to do so by her butler. But that never happened! She met the butler only once, it must have been in act 1 after the bard lady happened to be killed. I am sure Isobel, whom we had not met yet, was not mentioned.

Is this how it is supposed to go? Because I get the distinct feeling the story just derailed on me.

No, it sounds like a bug. Please report this, and attach a savegame if you can!

PS: You do kind of just... encounter Isobel as an enemy without an explanation if she gets abducted so that part isn't a bug per-say, just an oversight (that they should also get feedback on).

B
B
As a dark urge you should get the quest to kill her pretty early in act 2. I don't remember when exactly you get that quest, maybe you can skip getting it if you don't long rest. But I'm guessing once you fight against her, the game treats you as if you had the quest even if you manage to skip it.

Last edited by Brir; 21/09/23 03:35 PM.
Ikke Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thank you Raz415 ad Brir, for confirming that I encountered a bug. I will report it.

And the part about the behaviour of Dame Aylin when her lover dies, is that how it is supposed to go?

I honestly do not know, because so far I have protected sweet innocent Isobel in all my playthroughs. I just COULDN'T, not even in my evil playthrough! :P

Last edited by Raz415; 21/09/23 04:46 PM.
Ikke Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well. I am not doing an evil playthrough really. It is more a feminist playthrough. The Dark Urge drow sorceress only allows women in the party, and it was not hard to pick a side between soul sister Minthara and that oak father patriarchy led by macho man Halsin. And of course we tried our very best to keep sweet eyed Isobel out of the clutches of the beardy man-ape and his dick swinging winged buddies, but we did not reload when the lovely Isobel got abducted in spite of out best efforts. Because sword sisters take it as it comes and do not reload if things go bad.

Last edited by Ikke; 21/09/23 07:57 PM.
Ikke Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Brir
As a dark urge you should get the quest to kill her pretty early in act 2. I don't remember when exactly you get that quest, maybe you can skip getting it if you don't long rest.

Essential story development should not be restricted to long rests. At least not when there is a strong reason not to use long rest: powerful potions and elixirs that last until the next long rest. And
the stat boosts you can get from the secret shrine of Shar are especially nice to keep for a long time

Completely agree! Many others have given this feedback, I hope they work on it smile

Link Copied to Clipboard