Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
stranger
stranger
S
magic mirror not working when you have mods installed kinda makes it useless, very disappointing. If that was gonna be the case yall should have added it after official mod support

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Patch 3 is now live with Mac support on GOG too!

S
stranger
stranger
S
yall know removing mods from an active campaign breaks it right. i get an instant ctd and i only have a few installed. This is very disappointing

B
B
Originally Posted by jimnms
You have to be kidding me! The Archfey Warlock is still broken. I reported the bug when I noticed it at level 4, and every hotfix and patch since. I finally got a reply two weeks ago saying it was a known bug and they were already working on a fix, which got my hopes up that it would be in the next update. The game had been updated every week since release, but it was two weeks since I got the reply before the next patch and it's still not fixed.

I understand your frustration but rest assured Larian will fix this eventually. I assume playing with a different build is out of the question for you in the meantime?

apprentice
apprentice
Great work, another meaty patch laugh

Added an option to the Default Online Settings to let you automatically listen in when another party member enters a dialogue in multiplayer.
Thank you, thank you!!! This is a biggy for us.

Optimised how the game handles object selection on controller.
Wooohoo!

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
Originally Posted by Gondrian
What about the dynamic split-screen with the merging camera when in co-op? It seems Larian didn't even mention it, is it planned to be included in the next update? It'd be nice to have just a yes or no at this point, given the demand from fans in many threads here and on Reddit.

Seriously! I'm not about to read through that enormous list, but if this was in it would have been front and center.

I truly am convinced that the current employees of Larian weren't even around 5 years ago when Divinity 2 came out and probably have no clue how couch co-op worked in that game and should work in this game.

You are right. We, the people asking for the old good Dynamic split screen, are the same core fans who bought DOS I, II and BG, III. We trusted, loved and supported Larian's work, so I think we are entitled to ask for this fix and, most importantly, we deserve at least an answer, even if it's a no chance for the merging camera. It's a matter of respect.

G
stranger
stranger
G
In relation to this update: When dismissing party members, story items (and characters they were dragging along in their inventory) will now properly transfer over to another party member.

Is there are reason why a dismissed Companion's Alchemy Pouch, Camp Supply Pack, and Keychain (along with non-quest related Legendary items...even equipped ones) are being transferred via the "Shared Stash" when you dismiss a Companion to camp?

I understand that Story items are important to hold onto, but it seems tedious to constantly have to transfer the Pouch and Pack items around when they are only dismissed to Camp.

Would it be possible to include a "Decline" option when asked to take the items via "Shared Stash"?

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Gamerratic
In relation to this update: When dismissing party members, story items (and characters they were dragging along in their inventory) will now properly transfer over to another party member.

Is there are reason why a dismissed Companion's Alchemy Pouch, Camp Supply Pack, and Keychain (along with non-quest related Legendary items...even equipped ones) are being transferred via the "Shared Stash" when you dismiss a Companion to camp?

I understand that Story items are important to hold onto, but it seems tedious to constantly have to transfer the Pouch and Pack items around when they are only dismissed to Camp.

Would it be possible to include a "Decline" option when asked to take the items via "Shared Stash"?
Yes. This exactly. Every character has their own sacks and pouches. No damn need for second copies of those. Transfer contents of those, but not the items themselves.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
D
stranger
stranger
D
FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS DOUBTS ABOUT THE MAGIC MIRROR AFTER SOME TEST

1- The magic mirror does work but only if you have the vanilla game without any mod installed

2- script mods do not affect the magic mirror like IMPROVED UI

3- Any other mode outside of those makes the magic mirror not work.

thanks for all the bug fixes laugh and for the magic mirror, I hope that in some micro patch the mirror is compatible with mods and the moding tools come out soon

Last edited by Daxel22; 22/09/23 05:50 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
On macOS, still getting the warning about full mac-version not launching until early september, and that lauching before that will be Patch 9. I have the correct version for Patch #3. Have they just forgotten to remove this and it's safe to launch? Don't want to risk messing up my synced saves from Geforce NOW.

They said it was big. They weren't kidding!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Thanks for sharing. We have to admit that's really disappointing from Larian to give us as a modest improvement ignoring all the effort of the community.

stranger
stranger

I second this! Especially because it also transfers mod created bags.
A decline option or a on/off switch in the options menu would be great.

P
stranger
stranger
P
How long did it take to write these patch notes

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Is there an option to roll back to the previous version on Steam? Otherwise I can't resume my save until the mods are patched as well (and it's weekend) frown

Last edited by Zweig; 22/09/23 07:21 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Karbo
On macOS, still getting the warning about full mac-version not launching until early september, and that lauching before that will be Patch 9. I have the correct version for Patch #3. Have they just forgotten to remove this and it's safe to launch? Don't want to risk messing up my synced saves from Geforce NOW.
It's the full version, just a non-updated launcher. The launcher also advertises the digital deluxe edition, which most of us earlier players have by default.

The bigger issue is that we're stuck with FSR1 on Mac (and they even tout this as a positive in the patch notes)! Hell, even FSR *2* would be a disappointment (it's the worst of the decent upscalers).

The Mac release should feature MetalFX Temporal Super Resolution, Apple's own solution which looks as good as nVidia DLSS on PC.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Zweig
Is there an option to roll back to the previous version on Steam? Otherwise I can't resume my save until the mods are patched as well (and it's weekend) frown

At least three of the mods I use have already been updated - including Improved UI which the poster above said didn't need to be.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Deep Winter
Magic Mirror doesn't work with mods installed. RIP.

It is Improved UI intervening with the mirror.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
E
E
Originally Posted by Roland1405

I second this! Especially because it also transfers mod created bags.
A decline option or a on/off switch in the options menu would be great.

Yes, this! At least allow me to choose what items to transfer. Don't want to get everything my companions are carrying, that's just tedious and extra work when reinstating said companion in the team later.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by Zweig

At least three of the mods I use have already been updated - including Improved UI which the poster above said didn't need to be.

Yeah I know, been refreshing nexus while watching videos for the last couple of hours. The issues come when I activate any other mods, even when I just use stuff that would be mundane overrides in other games (like the armour fixes for example) cause problems for me and things just don't working.

So I figured it would be best to just roll back, finish the character because I'm almost done (which makes it doubly frustrating :)) , and then do the update. I also suspect that some mods will never receive updates, because things like customizer are pretty outdated already.

Last edited by Zweig; 22/09/23 08:28 PM.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard