Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Please bring back the camera focusing on companions during dialogue response cut scenes. I've seen this feedback echoed on various platforms with the release of the recent patch, but I feel it would be helpful for it to be restated. It used to be very satisfying to see the camera focus on the companions while choosing dialogue options, but now during the response scenes the camera cuts back to your player character. I miss being able to watch the extremely detailed and impressive character facial animations when choosing dialogue options. It's a shame, it added a lot to the game.

I'm on ps5, so I can't rely on mods to fix this. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling to get rid of the patch. It's just I'm in 90hrs.

There's really nothing else to say. It was perfect before. I made this account for this reason alone. I'm on my hands and knees. Please revert this change.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I agree. Not sure why so many arbitrary changes like this were necessary. While some scenes had some visual bugs and odd angles, doing sweeping changes like the above is a tad odd.

A
A
I'm with you on that.
It seems the more tweaking they do the worse it looks, far fewer close up shots, companion stands nearly turned the opposite way almost looking over shoulder Tav's way... really? How many people that you have a conversation with will be standing facing you sideways? Im talking about Astarion specifically, I don't talk to any other companions so I cannot tell if their cutscenes have been changed to the worse. So far every patch is looking worse in that regard for me.

stranger
stranger
Made an account just to bump this. Wholeheartedly agree! I want to see Tav sometimes, of course, but specifically when picking a response, it's jarring to suddenly cut back to Tav. Felt much smoother focusing on the companion while picking a response, and made for better immersion/building a connection with the companions. Plus you get to see more of the facial animations they worked so hard on. I think changing this back to Patch 2 behavior would resolve the issue. Hopefully Larian sees this.

Last edited by Undead Gryphon; 12/10/23 07:02 AM.
addict
addict
I would also prefer to stare at my companions instead of my own character's blank face or goofy expressions.

addict
addict
After having spent much time to craft some really nice Tav heads, I do want to be able to admire them from time to time. The balance seems just about right now.

Last edited by Ikke; 14/10/23 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
stranger
stranger
I'd say Patch 2 had it about perfect in terms of balance. Patch 3 is when it veered off and people started noticing (hence the creation of this thread). If they just rolled back that particular change to Patch 2, I think it would fix the issue (assuming it's possible to do that).

Last edited by Undead Gryphon; 14/10/23 02:56 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard