Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Honestly I would have loved to romance her, but with the maturity of age I realize her value is not in that she looks amazing for being almost 150 years
Being an elf helps with that, in D&D lore Elves physically stop aging in their 20s, (they age normally before hitting their 20s), they're considered Adults by fellow elves when they reach 100 and can live up to 750 years, I mean the oldest elf could probably still look like a young adult.

Last edited by Sai the Elf; 29/09/23 11:30 PM.
J
J
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
Honestly I would have loved to romance her, but with the maturity of age I realize her value is not in that she looks amazing for being almost 150 years

Being an elf helps with that, in D&D lore Elves physically stop aging in their 20s, (they age normally before hitting their 20s), they're considered Adults by fellow elves when they reach 100 and can live up to 750 years, I mean the oldest elf could probably still look like a young adult.

Jaheira is only half-elven so I'm afraid she is nearing the end of her natural life at this point. This will likely be her last adventure.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JPCoutelier
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf

Jaheira is only half-elven so I'm afraid she is nearing the end of her natural life at this point. This will likely be her last adventure.

Not necessarily. Didn't you go to her house and explore the "basement". Also they live up to 180 years so...even without the thing in her basement..30 years of adventurin' left to go.

Blackheifer
J
J
Originally Posted by JPCoutelier

Not necessarily. Didn't you go to her house and explore the "basement". Also they live up to 180 years so...even without the thing in her basement..30 years of adventurin' left to go.

Well I just mean I think she deserves a retirement at this point, and it doesn't seem right that a druid would actually use something to unnaturally prolong her life.

Last edited by JPCoutelier; 30/09/23 09:42 AM.
veteran
veteran
So ...
Warming, spoiler ahead (duh).

I just got to final game, when Orin kidnapped Halsin ... i failed to save him ... and i was able to talk with his corpse.
Kinda disssapointing, that his "Speak with Dead" dialogue, is exactly the same as when he die in Goblin Camp ... he have no idea what is in moonrise towers, claims he died bcs a Drow captured him, etc.

Not sure if its a bug or oversight ... it certainly feels like unnecessary misstake. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
So ...
Warming, spoiler ahead (duh).

I just got to final game, when Orin kidnapped Halsin ... i failed to save him ... and i was able to talk with his corpse.
Kinda disssapointing, that his "Speak with Dead" dialogue, is exactly the same as when he die in Goblin Camp ... he have no idea what is in moonrise towers, claims he died bcs a Drow captured him, etc.

Not sure if its a bug or oversight ... it certainly feels like unnecessary misstake. frown

I'm planning to do that too this playthrough, put Lae and Gale into my party to get Halsin abducted and then get Orin mad ( ehm... madder), so she kills Halsin. Problem well solved.
I don't want to even use Speak with Dead on him

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
Problem well solved.
Wich problem? O_o

Well, that was the whole problem i tryed to report ...
It feels kinda weird, when his corpse forgots litteraly everything beyond the point you met for the first time. laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Problem well solved.
Wich problem? O_o

Well, that was the whole problem i tryed to report ...
It feels kinda weird, when his corpse forgots litteraly everything beyond the point you met for the first time. laugh

The problem named Halsin. He is a creep and I don't want him in my camp.
I mean, I agree, that this conversation sounds like a bug, but I think, that might be something for the bug section?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Maybe ...
Im quite honestly not really sure it was a bug ... seemed more like overlook, or other kind of misstake on human side, rather than code.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Halsin is just one massive human error at this point lol

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
I mean, I agree, that this conversation sounds like a bug, but I think, that might be something for the bug section?
I leave that creep in the camp when sweet Orin comes to visit, he is sacrificed on the altar every time.

Funny thing is nobody even mentions his death.

Last edited by Illiti; 02/10/23 02:59 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Illiti
I leave that creep in the camp when sweet Orin comes to visit, he is sacrificed on the altar every time.

Funny thing is nobody even mentions his death.
So it's like as if he was killed by a False Hydra, (Homebrewed Monster, that makes it so that nobody remembers it's victims and makes people forget it's existence whenever they look away from it.)

L
stranger
stranger
L
Halsin is a creepy douche and shouldn't have been a companion.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by littlekaiser
Halsin is a creepy douche and shouldn't have been a companion.
Should've have kept him as a camp follower, one that could be romanced, but will leave to do his responsibilities back at his grove, once he helps cure the shadow curse.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Honestly it's kind of sad seeing all the Halsin hate and how he should have never been added. My big concern and reason for creating this post was more so how I as a non EA player - who knew NOTHING about him until PS5 release - found myself really enjoying Halsin as a companion until things started to just feel shallow.

The trauma fetishism, the lack of growth, the forced unhealthy portrayal of polygamy, his horrid ending of just leaving you after the last fight and so forth has been rough. BUT even with that being said there are a lot of us who truly think Halsin could be an amazing companion if they'd give him more depth. He has such an AMAZING foundation if you truly boil him down to his apparent values and ambitions.

Obviously recent news has come out in the forum that Karlachs ending is going to have work done, I believe I saw or heard something about Minirtha's reactivity and possibly some cut content being added. With all that being said I truly have hope Larian will see the threads in regards to Halsin. I don't truly feel it's valid fan blaming that all anyone wanted was a big druid guy for horny reasons when there are 100% fans like myself who just want him to be a good companion. Until I see an update at least in regards to his ending I have completely paused my Halsin romance run through and will not finish it even though I'm in Baldur's Gate. He deserves some rectification.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by CrayonzO_o
Honestly it's kind of sad seeing all the Halsin hate and how he should have never been added. My big concern and reason for creating this post was more so how I as a non EA player - who knew NOTHING about him until PS5 release - found myself really enjoying Halsin as a companion until things started to just feel shallow.

The trauma fetishism, the lack of growth, the forced unhealthy portrayal of polygamy, his horrid ending of just leaving you after the last fight and so forth has been rough. BUT even with that being said there are a lot of us who truly think Halsin could be an amazing companion if they'd give him more depth. He has such an AMAZING foundation if you truly boil him down to his apparent values and ambitions.

Obviously recent news has come out in the forum that Karlachs ending is going to have work done, I believe I saw or heard something about Minirtha's reactivity and possibly some cut content being added. With all that being said I truly have hope Larian will see the threads in regards to Halsin. I don't truly feel it's valid fan blaming that all anyone wanted was a big druid guy for horny reasons when there are 100% fans like myself who just want him to be a good companion. Until I see an update at least in regards to his ending I have completely paused my Halsin romance run through and will not finish it even though I'm in Baldur's Gate. He deserves some rectification.

Weve gone over this in the other thread too.

Its almost criminal what they did to him.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Yup I agree. I hope Larian sees us the way they've seen and listened to the stuff regarding Karlach and other things. Between this thread, the larger thread and a few other threads that pop up here and there I really want this to be something they acknowledge.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Yup I agree. I hope Larian sees us the way they've seen and listened to the stuff regarding Karlach and other things. Between this thread, the larger thread and a few other threads that pop up here and there I really want this to be something they acknowledge.

The other Halsin thread is huge and has kind of evolved into a Halsin general so feel free to post there too

Im at work but plan to read through this thread when I get home because Im a bit obsessed with this topic at the moment

Welcome to the thread dedicated to our beloved druid - https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=879967&page=70
All of us (or most part of team Halsin) feel the same: we love him, he is the best, kind, wise, adult but not emotionless, he wants to help everyone and at the same time a player (mostly who romances him) wants to help him with all their heart. You can be big and strong but it is ok to show that you too have weaknesses.
Act 3 needs a lot or work and rework. There are many feedback messages in Larian's Discord about issues with Halsin (him only and his issues with Shadowheart), so, as I said several times, let us hope for the best.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Halsin has ruined the game for me. Shadowheart should never have been included in his weird sex pest stuff including the orgy. As long as those scenes exist in game, I'm always going to look at Halsin as a degenerate creep and her as a whore. This is what they're programmed to be. Even if we choose to stay monogamous, we know that secretly SH wants to have orgies and Halsin is eager to join.

Seeing as how Larian put the time into making these unnecessary, meaningless sex scenes at all, but especially before fixing all the bugs, tells me where Larians priorities lie. They have gotten so much praise too, they have no reason to change anything about Halsin. Most ppl don't seem to care about this anyway. It's not like its stopping most ppl from still playing.

I've Uninstalled the game though. But good luck to all of you who think they'll change much about Halsin. Considering he's doing such a good job as their poster fuck boy you'll need all the luck you guys can get.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard