Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
(looking at you Dubai call girls!)

Don't suppose you managed to get any photos? Asking for a friend.
i have good photos hd 720p 1440p taken by proven expert of good call girls Russian Pakistani in Dubai with clean drivers for delivery and pickup and always have good chewing gum in glove box no hassle no nagging to do dishes or picking up kids from school. proven expert has used his penis for sex over forty thousand times (in Guiness Book of Records) and says Peruvian Dutch call girls of Dubai are best and can get good deal on pictures 10% 15% 20% discount with promocode GOODPROMOCODE pls DM me for transaction information or proof of proven expert’s expertise. bitcoin not accepted.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I myself was once a moderator for a gaming guild for three years. Heavy hand method only works when you deliver the message of "dont mess around".

When someone always try to control a conversation, it always end up worse than it is. It only encourage more trolls to spring up like weeds to make a point of "going against the system".

It also underline the darker tone of people who reports post of their personal political and social comfort, and confinement. Often it is political correctness that triggers them to report.

Apparently people are still making posts about "forbidden" and "politically incorrect" subjects on Baldur's gate 3 here or else where.

The real moderation is to keep it, step in when needed, and allow it to flow.

The cons of it is the exhausting amount of time and efforts needed to monitor it. I once monitored a sensitive topic for 8 hours a day for 3 months, until no one was going to say anything anymore and walk away with the message you cannot just say anything and get away.

Restrain is more valuable than overzealous reaction.

Then again it depend on the quality of the gamers as well. Today's people are more prone to cast their idiotic behaviours as if they rolled a critical 20 on their dice and expect no repercussion.

Given what I have seen on this forum and steam, 10% of the account would be gone within an hour, should I be the moderator.

Last edited by dutchmilk; 01/10/23 06:01 AM.
W
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
W
I’m going to suggest that discussing moderator and forum policy with respect to social and political issues isn’t on topic here and there’s a risk it’ll take this thread in the very direction we’re all acknowledging can be a problem.

I’m half tempted to just lock this thread given I think we’ve established there’s no underhand removal of criticism going on (thanks all for your votes of confidence!) But given it feels slightly off to shut down the thread when we have nothing to hide, I’ll leave it for now. I am, though, going to suggest that we possibly have now said what needed to be said here.

lolllllllllllllllllllll............................

You cant be serious?

I mod wanting to close a thread who previously stated that they dont close down threads on this thread.....................and then wants to close the thread because someone said something against the narrative? WTF

You are damaging Larian from doing this. They need to see ALL criticism no matter what it is.

I personally love Larian and i want to see them do well.

You silencing criticism of their faults is not helpfull.

You think about that and the implications of your evil tyranny for silencing freedom of speech.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by waterboy88
I’m going to suggest that discussing moderator and forum policy with respect to social and political issues isn’t on topic here and there’s a risk it’ll take this thread in the very direction we’re all acknowledging can be a problem.

I’m half tempted to just lock this thread given I think we’ve established there’s no underhand removal of criticism going on (thanks all for your votes of confidence!) But given it feels slightly off to shut down the thread when we have nothing to hide, I’ll leave it for now. I am, though, going to suggest that we possibly have now said what needed to be said here.

You cant be serious?

I mod wanting to close a thread who previously stated that they dont close down threads on this thread.....................and then wants to close the thread because someone said something against the narrative? WTF

You are damaging Larian from doing this. They need to see ALL criticism no matter what it is.

You think about that and the implications of your evil tyranny for silencing freedom of speech.

You were wrong in your first post and you are wrong in this one. Accept it and move on. Not one person, including me, has agreed with you and you have not come up with one iota of evidence. You are just a plant pot (exercising my free speech there) who wants to get banned to prove his point.

J
Online Content
J
Again most of what I see are criticisms; its been enough to put me off getting into another playthrough until there are some more big updates, or maybe a definitive edition (if Larian remain true to their past pattern, which who knows; they've never had anything as big or with as much of a legacy as this before).

veteran
veteran

You cant be serious?

Really? You come in here, talking crap about the mods without having even read a small portion of the forum. The mods do a great job, they are the reason this forum is so good, without them, we would have Steam forum shenanigans here.
Red Queen said, they don't delete posts normally not that they don't close threads.
Maybe you should do a bit of reading, before criticising stuff, you know nothing about.
But I guess, I don't have to bother your nickname, since you won't last long here. Please go back to Steam

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
W
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
W
Originally Posted by JPCoutelier
Again most of what I see are criticisms; its been enough to put me off getting into another playthrough until there are some more big updates, or maybe a definitive edition (if Larian remain true to their past pattern, which who knows; they've never had anything as big or with as much of a legacy as this before).

Act one and Act 2 are completely fine to play.

Act 3 is still 2 to 3 patches away from being ready to play.

The balancing is also way .........way .......way off. The game is far to easy on tactition difficulty. Larian need to fix the balancing very urgenty.

W
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
W
If you have noticed melee classes doing better then casters on Tactition that is because melee classes dont get any penalties like casters do.

This is the only stats boost the AI gets on tactition:

(+2 to Attack Rolls and a +2 to Save DC).

So casters get the massive nerf to spells DC but melee fighters get no penalty at all.

No wonder My fighter Lazeal domintates everyone and my wizard feels sub-par at best

J
Online Content
J

The balancing is also way .........way .......way off. The game is far to easy on tactition difficulty. Larian need to fix the balancing very urgenty.

Okay; but if you look you'll see there are lots of people posting that. No one is deleting them.

W
veteran
veteran
W

You cant be serious?

Tyranny? Your thread didn’t get closed! It’s still open!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JPCoutelier

Yeah, there are a tons of threads that acknowledge and discuss these issues. Plenty of people have expressed their disappointment, including myself. Thankfully Larian is working on it and there are already significant improvements.

Those threads don't get closed because it falls under legitimate criticism.

The threads that get closed are when people start insulting each other repeatedly and or delve into bad political takes.

If you have been exposed to the Steam forums you may not be used to the more strict moderation here. I understand those forums are nonstop poop flinging and wallowing in filth.

Glad you enjoyed the game, did you have anything else you wanted to discuss? Short stories? Jokes? Lies?

Blackheifer
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
As has been noted, there are multiple threads already critiquing various elements of the game and feedback is most effective when it is in a relevant, focused thread.

Waterboy88, if you have feedback on balancing or the story in later acts, I’d suggest joining in on one of the many threads on those very topics, eg:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=905957
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=881432

But please be aware that while we don’t delete criticism of the game, we do still expect users to express their views in line with forum standards of behaviour, which includes treating other forum members and moderators with civility and respect. There are other places on the internet where a more confrontational style might be welcome, but it’s not appropriate here.

Enforcing forum rules is not the same as silencing criticism, of course, as the vast majority of forum members here manage perfectly well to criticise the game without flouting the policies that are put in place in order to preserve this as a safe space for everyone interested in the game to share their views.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
bitcoin not accepted?
but thats tyranny!

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
D
addict
addict
D
OP was clearly just trolling. I suggest don't close thread, just ignore thread.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
While OP has been banned for reasons that do not include criticizing the game, I intend to leave this thread unlocked and open to prove a point.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
While OP has been banned for reasons that do not include criticizing the game, I intend to leave this thread unlocked and open to prove a point.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard