Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This entire questline is a huge investment of resources and time and at the end I get...a painting of Halsin? Or Gale?

Neither were even in my party at the time. Is this supposed to be how it ended?

Granted I stole everything in Lady Jannaths estate - including everything off Lady Jannath (nice ring) but still, I would have liked a portrait.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
Would be nice to have option to make him paint Astarion ...
And then give Astarion that painting ...

You know, since he dont remember how does he even look. smile
I think that would be pretty sweet gift.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I mean, at least you egt a nice armor for a spore druid (which is, what jaheira was in my playthrough - and she was always in my group). And you can meet some friendly zombies along the way. I'm being sarcastic - apart from the armor , this questline was the only one, I didn't enjoy - and the clown parts one, but that is, because I hate clowns.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
E
E
This is one of the worst quests in the game for me. Truly hate it. Not only is it way too much like all the common "fetch quests" in other games where you're just forced to run back and forth a bazillion times to get things for an NPC. It's also just annoying with all the sculls in the house that my companions refuse to avoid even though I've cleared a path. Then Oscar give you a painting you can't do anything with. First time I played, I just got a black canvas. "Nice, thanks, dude". Second time, I got a painting of Karlach. She's nice and all, but to be fair, Tav was the one posing for the painting. And when you get one of Astarion, you can't even show it to him? What in the world is this? Also, Oscar is an ass, and I just want to punch him in the face. LOL

Last edited by EMar; 03/10/23 10:54 AM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
I frankly felt great wiping out that assinine egomaniac undead mummy dude. the town of Baldur's Gate is most certainly better off without him. THAT was my reward. watching his face as I burned his undead organs to ash, in a pile, right in front of him.

very, very satisfying. plus, the some of the people he killed, who he turned into zombies, end up taking over the business. great news all around. happy ending for everyone that deserves one.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
I frankly felt great wiping out that assinine egomaniac undead mummy dude. the town of Baldur's Gate is most certainly better off without him. THAT was my reward. watching his face as I burned his undead organs to ash, in a pile, right in front of him.

very, very satisfying. plus, the some of the people he killed, who he turned into zombies, end up taking over the business. great news all around. happy ending for everyone that deserves one.

Yeah, that part was nice - I liked the zombie beggars. I talked to them before I got this quest and they were all very friendly. And you get the druid armor from killing the mummy guy. It looked great on Jaheira.

Doctor Who
C
C
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

this is actually a great idea, hope Larian has people listening on the forums

apprentice
apprentice
I enjoyed the questline itself and was happy to get a portrait I just wish it wasn't bugged.

And also this ^
I thought the same thing and ended up reloading the game over 10 times trying to get him to paint Astarion.
I kept getting characters who weren't even in the party, and often just a blank black square.

Finally settled for one of my Tav.
Got back to camp and dropped the painting on the floor and suddenly it was of Gale...

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

Alternatively, you could privately tell Oskar to add a few blemishes and moles here and there to mess with Astarion.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
A
A

Yes, that is a wonderful idea, the man didn't see his face for almost 2 centuries.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

Alternatively, you could privately tell Oskar to add a few blemishes and moles here and there to mess with Astarion.

You are a little bit sick - I like it laezelapprove

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice

I haven't played this quest yet, so I can't judge the quality, but the above is an excellent suggestion.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Yea never saving his bitch ass again, he can burn in the oil fire with the rest of the hidden warehouse

D
stranger
stranger
D
I went full nude for the painting, and it was painted from the shoulders up. Plus I didn't find a way I could hang it at camp. So yeah I agree the quest was of disappointing. I can only see some value if you need to get into see Mystic Carrion and don't have the means in the party to sneak into his house or to find the secret door.

This quest was fun at times and really annoying at others.

For one, freeing Oskar from the Zentharim was too expensive for the value. Seriously? You actually think Oskar is worth that much?

Then, the whole necromancy thing and Janeth stays with him after that? She certifiably insane.

Then, I was romancing Astarion (having a hard time doing a playthrough where I don't, he's just the best.) and I had the same thought: how awesome! He gets to see his awesome face finally! Plus ascendant Astarion can hang it up in his palace!

But instead, he painted me, which was blank, and after I told him I was likely to sell it in that case, the thing only sold for 30 gold.

My investment in your life produced almost no dividends, Oskar. Ugh.

#JusticeForAstarion
Originally Posted by euph
Wait... you guys keep him alive? I always feed him to his
former lover.
It's what that pos deserves.

Gonna do that next time. Would be much more cathartic.

#JusticeForAstarion

Link Copied to Clipboard