Print Thread
M
mnoudoo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi everyone,

So, I know most of the players hardly speak to him and he's all over them, but I have the opposite problem about Gale xD

I'm a doing a VERY GOOD playthrough, so he's into my Tav, I have like a 86/100 approval, so everything's fine.
But on this playthrough things haven't happened like in my first one. First : the sex scene with Astarion triggered waaaayyyy before the tiefling party. I was like "I don't want to romance him this time, but let's have some fun before the serious things begin at the tiefling party".
I got the "weave scene" with Gale but played as a ranger so I was pretty shitty, but came back later and told him I enjoyed this moment and wanted to try again some time. I flirt with him everytime I get the chance to.

He talked to me about his condition, I fed him with magical items, and before the tiefling party I spent several nights at camp and he never had anything new to tell me.
Then, at the tiefling party, EVERYONE (even Shadowheart and Karlach whose approval was neutral) hit on my Tav, except for GALE ! He was like "I don't want to ruin your mood, enjoy the party" and I can't talk to him more, and when I go to bed I don't even have a "dream about Gale" option.

What is going on ? What did I do wrong ? I can't find anything about this bug, the only Gale bugs reported are about the fact that players trigger his romance without even looking at him xD

More information : My game is not modded at all.

Last edited by mnoudoo; 03/10/23 09:11 AM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
to get the romance scene at the party, you must be on good ROMANTIC terms with your partner. your approval rating doesn't mean squat, it is not directly tied to the progression of your romance. you split your time between partners, and did not hit the right notes during your private time with Gale. that will skew your romance rating. same thing happened to me with shadowheart. you need to focus specifically on the partner you want, right out of the gate, or it slows everything WAYYYY down. You can probably fix it by act 3 if you keep saying/doing the right things, but it you want to make sure, go grab Cheat Engine and load up the latest table, and scroll through the options until you get to companions, then follow the instructions you see there on the first line for that section in the table. max out your romance stat with that person, then do a long sleep and everything will be fixed.

M
mnoudoo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thank you very much, I'll look into that.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
There are actually some issues with Gale's romance though. During the party, if you did not get the weave scene yet and your approval is high enough, he should play the weave scene with you during the party. I tested this by using a companion to talk to him, and the cutscene then showed that companion having the weave scene with Gale. My PC, however, couldn't trigger it.

They sure overturned the poor guy's romance. Even if you managed to begin it, you can get "mean Gale" later on out of the blue.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@All

Make sure in the interim you do everything in your power for any other characters (even non-origins while the game is buggy post Patch 3) to shoot them down if they offer any overtures of romance. Be a douche bag if you have to, reject them outright and completely. I have noticed that even kindling a bit of a romance among multiple companions can cause bugs down the line in other Acts. For example, I had one encounter with Wyll (first overture) that got to the point where he danced, and I danced, that was it, didn't progress it further just said good night to the guy. And it completely destroyed the Lae'zel romance that I had been working on.

Because 'approval' is tied into romance, if a romance flag gets set to on, sometimes the game will think you're romancing a different companion than you are because their approval is higher, unless you make darn sure that romance flag is turned off. The game doesn't telegraph this either. There should be intermediate discussions where companions say 'Is this going anywhere?' or 'I thought we had something.' to give you a chance to definitively choose. But there's not, so you can end up playing 20-30 hours before you realize that one inadvertent decision cost you a full romance that you wanted to pursue.

Now to be fair, I'm not sure if what is described in this thread is 'This, as I laid it out' or an actual development bug. But be sure to keep what I wrote here in mind if it's 'not' a bug.

Last edited by Vegor; 03/10/23 09:18 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I think what influences it is the order in which you do things. I have started the Astarion, Sadowhearth, Lae'Zel and Gale romances at the same time and when I go to sleep after the party I get all four as an option. BUT I didn't agree to start anything with any partner until the night when Gale's weave scene took place.
If you accept a relationship with any other character before that, I think it influences Gale's attitude. Likewise, I never made him wait to give a magic item when he needed, and I took him with me almost all the time, always doing things he liked.
I think the problem is hearing the changes due to all the people's complaints about Gale and now to have a romance with him you have to do a gymkhana.

Last edited by Aideen_asbjorn; 05/10/23 10:18 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard