Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#907342 03/10/23 04:49 PM
Vellum Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I feel a little weird making an appreciation thread specifically for such a minor character, since there are many great minor/side characters in BG3, but I haven't really seen any love for Lump the Enlightened, and I love Lump the Enlightened.

The first time I went through the game I didn't know he could be hired.
The second time I went through I forgot to summon him until I was past the point where I could.
But on my ""main"" run he licked my cleric's hand, and that scene's been living in my head rent free every day since.

I enjoy putting my boy in awkward situations and Lump is one of many NPCs who helped with that.
He's appreciated and I guess I just wanted to thank Larian for adding him.
For the silly ogre dialog, the "assistance" in combat (the ogres aggro'd more of the goblin camp than I did...), and of course the awkward outro.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vellum
but I haven't really seen any love for Lump the Enlightened, and I love Lump the Enlightened.

Probably because of the fact the fat old Lumpy tore a woman apart while she was still alive and screaming, then proceeded to eat her limbs. And would do the same to us without hesitation if he weren't so dumb grin

Don't get me wrong he's a fascinating character, but the only thing that fat old chum gets in my playthroughs is an early execution after the third horn blow, to avenge the woman and prevent any more innocents from becoming a midday snack. Plus the circlet... can't forget the circlet ^^

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
and prevent any more innocents from becoming a midday snack. Plus the circlet... can't forget the circlet ^^

That's my main reason to kill them, I've never summoned him (I'm fact, in my first playthrough I attacked him first sight. lol).

And also as you said... The circlet. The temptation is too much. My Tav will get rid of a monster and get smarter in the process!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by NeedaUserName
and prevent any more innocents from becoming a midday snack. Plus the circlet... can't forget the circlet ^^

That's my main reason to kill them, I've never summoned him (I'm fact, in my first playthrough I attacked him first sight. lol).

And also as you said... The circlet. The temptation is too much. My Tav will get rid of a monster and get smarter in the process!

Same here.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
C
C
All ogres in the game are interesting and funny in their own way, Larian did a really great job developing them, wish for more similar content, maybe allow us to recruit Lump in an Evil Playthrough?

journeyman
journeyman
Lump is rockin out with the band.
One of the few scenes I don't just skip now.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Vellum
but I haven't really seen any love for Lump the Enlightened, and I love Lump the Enlightened.

Probably because of the fact the fat old Lumpy tore a woman apart while she was still alive and screaming, then proceeded to eat her limbs. And would do the same to us without hesitation if he weren't so dumb grin

Don't get me wrong he's a fascinating character, but the only thing that fat old chum gets in my playthroughs is an early execution after the third horn blow, to avenge the woman and prevent any more innocents from becoming a midday snack. Plus the circlet... can't forget the circlet ^^

oddly, I figured the circlet would come in handy... but I got to the end of the game and never used it.

Vellum Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I didn't realize he dropped the circlet as loot.
I'm sure it's better than Nettie's but I've yet to encounter him while on a Tav who's either brave or stupid enough to fight 3 ogres for it.

I'd talk my way out of every encounter if I could, so characters who let me do that are always fun to find.

addict
addict
I did not realize the ogres can be summoned three times. Usually I blow the horn when I meet the gith patrol. The ogres are helpful, but do not survive. So then there are three sets of bodies to loot.

Link Copied to Clipboard