Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
The way it´s now is too bureaucratic.
You have to go to the camping, leave your companion there and get other.

Maybe you could dismiss e call them and they be "teleported" to/from camping (of course not in battle or areas where you could not use portals).

The same could be done to exchange itens with companions that are in camping.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Personal opinion. I agree that the existing system is not very good. The fact that you need to talk to your current companion(s), ask them to leave, argue with them about it, then select a new companion, ask them to join, is just way more effort than should be necessary. It also is immersion breaking (for me).

On the other hand, I don't want to be able to hot swap companions in and out at the drop of a hat either. That would be tantamount to simply having them always around. I agree that the player should have to go back to camp. But that once there, everyone's inventory and character sheets should be available to the player for inventory swapping/outfitting, leveling up, and generally monkeying around with whomever. And then, upon leaving camp again the player should be presented with a screen offering the same party configuration they arrived with, but with the ability to swap in/out whomever they so choose simply by selecting the party members and clicking them into/out of the 'Party" box.

Other games do similar things. Take Wrath of the Righteous as an example. That system works quite well, while still making the player actively decide who is in the party for any given outing.

Just my opinion on the topic.

V
V
Originally Posted by The Spyder
Personal opinion. I agree that the existing system is not very good. The fact that you need to talk to your current companion(s), ask them to leave, argue with them about it, then select a new companion, ask them to join, is just way more effort than should be necessary. It also is immersion breaking (for me).

On the other hand, I don't want to be able to hot swap companions in and out at the drop of a hat either. That would be tantamount to simply having them always around. I agree that the player should have to go back to camp. But that once there, everyone's inventory and character sheets should be available to the player for inventory swapping/outfitting, leveling up, and generally monkeying around with whomever. And then, upon leaving camp again the player should be presented with a screen offering the same party configuration they arrived with, but with the ability to swap in/out whomever they so choose simply by selecting the party members and clicking them into/out of the 'Party" box.

Other games do similar things. Take Wrath of the Righteous as an example. That system works quite well, while still making the player actively decide who is in the party for any given outing.

Just my opinion on the topic.

Agreed, this is the best system - everyone's inventory is available at camp and upon leaving you can decide who is in your active party with a simple click. I don't either understand why the active party has to sleep around the campfire or similar instead of their tents. It's just a very weird party system.

stranger
stranger
I agree with Spyder that a faster way would be better but a balance should be achieved between realism and convenience to keep immersion strong. I have basically kept the same party members because I hate how it breaks the immersion to go back to camp unless going to camp is needed or a part of the role playing / story.

Link Copied to Clipboard