I encountered a really weird bug when talking to
Khaga in the Grove about Arabella
where the 2nd dice is "blacked out" on advantage roll after casting Friends.
Reloading/restarting the PS5 does not fix the issue. I have confirmed after testing that this negates the advantage. It always just takes the result of the first (left) dice roll.
Please see link to image of issue. On PS5 so no mods.

Some relevant info:

1. This only happens on a reroll using inspiration. (if the first advantage roll fails)
2. If I cast Detect Thoughts beforehand and win the roll, THEN use the Tiefling/Persuade check, it doesn't happen.
3. The Friends spell is used to gain advantage.

I searched the forums and online but couldn't find anything about this issue.

Anyone else seen this before? Just filed a bug report with Larian. This crap makes me paranoid. I know the game has lots of bugs but I thought at least I could trust the dice rolls.
You know, the most basic, elementary mechanics of the game. Replies appreciated.

Advantage Dice Blacked Out

Edit: After testing this a few more times, it appears to be a bug with the Friends spell already being active on another NPC. I figured this out by talking to Apikusis,
casting Friends on her to get her to tell me about her conversation with the bird, then going to talk to Kagha. If the concentration on Friends is still active, the bug happens.
It appears the game doesn't properly re-cast Friends on the new NPC, but "un-casts" the spell (or automatically cancels the concentration on the first NPC, without properly
applying it to the new one), resulting in the advantage being negated and the weird missing/blacked out dice.

Glad there's an easy workaround (manually stop concentration on Friends before talking to a new NPC) but annoying. People who click past the dice rolls to speed things along,
as I often do, would never know that they are getting screwed out of their advantage because of this.

Last edited by zg4real; 17/10/23 08:07 PM.