Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Lets make it short: This game is too easy.

While there are lots of people who enjoy the feeling of steamrolling everything like a demigod for others like me the gaming experience gets trivial. To make things more spicey and more related to the history of the game i tried to formulate limitations that more or less fit with each deity. Yes, the gods are angry about you Larian for not adding a layer of challenge that pleases us hardcore gamers.

Please remember that the following rules are still in progress so feel free to put in new ideas to make them even more deadly. Yes, the whole rule setting is quite complex and it took me a while to really get comfortable with it but my personal gaming experience has been growing with each new god who tries to hinder my adventure.

But no more talking - let the gods speak for themselves:

Bhaal´s Legacy

Corellon Larethian: No eating of cheese, eggs, honey, meat or fish. No supply packs.

Helm: No buffing before combat except for ritual spells or racial abilities.
Characters with levels in Warlock, Sorcerer, Wizard, Rogue, Bard or Monk cannot use items that protect against critical hits.

Ilmater: Explosives can only be moved or picked up for non-combat purposes. You can stack no more than 3 barrels.

Talos: You can drink only antidots or healing potions – all other liquids including alcohol are destructive.

Lolth: Any source of poison damage has been corrupted.

Mielikki: Only one active summon spell or ability.

Mystra: Scrolls can only be used for spell scribing.

Garl Glittergold: Buying an item costs normal price x10.

Tempus: After using stealth or invisibility in combat all movement is reduced to zero. Dropped weapons are lost.

Gruumsh: No pickpocketing of gold or magic items. Stolen items are marked and cannot be sold.

Tyr: No attacking of neutral creatures unless they turn hostile due to talking but not stealing.

Kelemvor: Dead characters cannot be ressurected. Corpses are bound to the ground.

Bane: No respeccing of the main character or companions.

Shar: Its impossible to use active light sources including items and spells. Passive effects still work.

Selune: Spells that create darkness have no effect.

Bahamut: No Save/Load during combat.

Oghma: The maximum weight of an object that can be moved with telekinesis is equal to the carrying capacity of the caster.

Yondalla: No short rests.

Tiamat: No party splitting when engaging in combat.

Bhaal: For each consumed illithid tadpole one companion has to die.

Vlaakith: No changing of difficulty – tactician mode only.

Myrkul: You can help companions that fall unconscious only until the death timer ticks for the first time or after combat.

Lathander: No praying to turn undead.

Loviatar: Bosses are immune to disarming, polymorph and all spells that make them unable to do actions.

Tymora: Dualclassing only. After dualclassing you can no longer progress in your old class.

Chauntea: All level requirements are doubled effectively halving XP gain. (-> You will need a mod for this)

Gond: Each party member can equip a specific level of magic items that is equal to their character level.

Uncommon (Green) = 1 Level
Rare (Blue) = 2 Levels
Very Rare (Pink) = 3 Levels
Legendary (Gold) = 4 Levels

You may still use mods that buff enemy stats even though i dont like them anymore after doing hundreds of LoB runs back in BG1/2.

If you have new ideas or think that i should change some formulations to make them clearer feel free to put down your words.

Have a great time,

Harpagornis

Last edited by Harpagornis; 19/10/23 10:33 AM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Bahamut is not really possible there are lot of bugs that are breaking the game and I needed to save during combat.
What I mean it needed and insane amount of luck to not get any bug during combat.
And with the autosave actually not really existing in the game.
It will increase the annoying mechanisms of the soul's like game x 10.

I hope you understand what I mean.

I think the best challenge in the game is to be allergic to magic.
NO potions no scrolls spells magic items no tadpole (because is influenced my netherese magic) resurrection is also magic . And companions are also allergic.
What lot of people don't realize the mods are only work on pc and Mac. SteamDeck is mybe but the game isn't really ready for SteamDeck not w/o fsr 2.0 or above.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 18/10/23 10:32 AM.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hello ZOZO1006, thanks for your input. Thats interesting. So far i never got game breaking bugs in combat and after not touching the Save/Load button anymore the battles felt far more intense - at least for me. :o) But i understand your point that these kind of bugs can get really annyoing. Or frustrating.

Yeah, you are absolutely right. Magic is everwhere. Its ridiculous. I tried to limit the use of magic without killing it completely which is always a tightrope walk.Some of your rules sound very familiar to me. Keep going. ;o)

Z
addict
addict
Z
I think magic allergy is the strongest challenge in the game.
If I will finish my solo no death no tadpole no dual class no exploit no ambush prebuff no respec solo run.

An Larian still keep this Game Journalist difficulty for tactician . And they don't even try to make a new difficulty or a rebalance patch. I will make a allergy to magic complete run with 4 ppl. Ofc i need to respec them first. But after that no more magic. If I will finish that run as well I will drop my plan to play this game for years. It's simply not worth it.

The fact that Swen promised us twice a challenging game and It was an official statement on yourtube. And it's still there I feel my self scammed. I buyed BG3 after I saw the secret sauce of dnd video. Where he told that he wants to create a challenging game. Then at the last panel he told us that we should not come here complain and cry because the difficulty is to hard.
So I buyed even more copies I was so happy to hear that.

I still have a litte bit hope.
Buy you know what they say. Hope die last. smile

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Oh, i did not know that BG 3 was promised to be very challenging. What a pity. t.t

I really like your all-in challenge idea. ;o) No reload is at the moment no option for me as i keep on restarting the game with new restrictions while i am getting bored over and over again in act 2. In fact i have never the finished the game so far. Maybe i will drop it in the near future too. ^^

I am sure, that you would have had a wonderful time with our old SCS + LoB Solo No Reload Challenge back in BG 1/2 where we created a similar god challenge. That was a blast. You can find it here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62202/the-lob-scs-solo-challenge-vs-bhaal-s-cataclysm

Z
addict
addict
Z
Well i actually could not do bg1 hardest difficulty death= erase.
Onest I reached BG3 and when I needed to get rid of the poison I got a random encounter with 2 greater basilisk smile.
It was the end of the story.

He is literally saying out that we can expect a challenging combat. TIME STAMP around 7:34.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 18/10/23 12:11 PM.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Ah, the good old random basilisk encounter. Just run to the map border and its fine. ;o) The infamous archer bandit ambush is much more dangerous. At least at low levels. *G*

In the video - especially around your time stamp - i hear nothing more than the usual PR talking. ^^

Z
addict
addict
Z
https://www.youtube.com/live/MW846h6FyU4?si=y-QIUoS32yMphw55

Here is the second one Time Stamp around 5:40-5:53.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 18/10/23 12:21 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
He is literally saying it. You can expect from us a grand adventure filled with stuff to explore and a challenging combat.
Around that time stamp. 7:34-75:50 mybe.
Yeah i whould not put so much into the game. If he would not say this the second time. And promote the difficulty that we should not come back and cry. Because it's our fault that the game is so hard on tactician.

About the Basilisk it was a smal map and I was spawned in the center of that map sounded with the two mf..ers.
It was instal death .

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 18/10/23 12:33 PM.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Maybe he ment challenging for the casual player. Which could be right. ^^

Thats why you always keep a Potion of Mirrored Eyes in your backpack. ;o)

Last edited by Harpagornis; 18/10/23 12:33 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Casual player will never ever experience multiple gameplay.
Only ppl that want challenge can experience it
But if the game challenge becomes booring it fails the design. Casual players will maximum play it twice I think.
Usly ppl that are build they your tube channel around the game. And ppl that want something more then a casual gameing experience doing 1000+ hours in the game.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 18/10/23 01:06 PM.
addict
addict
So why is this thread not in the mods subforum ?

Z
addict
addict
Z
Another good example is.
Bg1-2 Iwd 1-2 Nwn are the games that no matter what I tryed I could not a finish the game w/o any death solo run.
I could put in that list Plane Escape too but we are playing with an immortal undead.

Nvn2 and Solasta have the worst difficulty they are even more easy then BG3. Even with all difficulty extra settings.

Pathfinder 1-2 is a litte bit different because if I am good with math I can do it with some classes or combinations. Even on maximum difficulty setting.
But not with all classes.

I think Game Journalism ruining the difficulty in games.
There are some exceptions like From Software that don't give a f..k about the journalism they care about the player's.
But generally in this past 30 years the difficulty in games are lower and lower.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Larian, this is your chance. Using the gods of d&d and let them create a unique challenge similar to "Magrans Fire" in Pillars of Eternity 2 and maybe even giving the players who finished it a special token. I think that something like this would catch a lot of hardcore players. ;o)

If there is somebody who could write a mod using the ideas above - that would be cool. :o)

Last edited by Harpagornis; 19/10/23 10:41 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard