Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
The original Bhaalspawn saga is literally my favorite saga in gaming. I have hundreds of hours only in BG2, finished the game multiple times, the enhanced edition in legacy of Bhaal difficulty as a pure RP build(necromancer)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And despite not being a huge fan of 5e(too much hp, nerfs in spells and nasty monsters abilities and removal of drawbacks mostly opposition school + bounded accuracy). I really enjoyed BG3 and the innovation of Origin characters brought by Larian.

That said, would be cool if Larian makes another origin character based on Dark Urge, to represent Myrkul of the dead three.

My character suggestion. As any origin character

Race : Human
Class : Wizard(necromancer)
Attributes STR = 10 DEX = 8 CON = 16 INT = 20 WIS = 8 CHA = 6

History :

In act 1, a guy like butler for Dark Urge will appear. Instead of just killing someone, that being will say that "is not curious that a vampire can survive in the sun? Use this scroll in Astarion, so he will be paralyzed and give me his paralyzed body, so we can study the effect of this tadpole in his body" and if you do the quest and, Astarion will gonan die but you get Blood sacrifice -> By paying d6 damage spell level, You can convert any cantrip and spell damage to necrotic. And if is used in a spell which deals necrotic damage, maximize the damage.

Act 2 : In the tower, exactly
("act 2 minor spoilers")
in the place where you can get the shade spell in the lantern

You will try study how that mechanism works. The "new butler" will appear and ask the lantern. If you give it to him, he will teach to you how to summon shades and create corpses.

He will also say that he discovered a lot of interesting things and say that you must use a specific scroll against Astarion master to fully ascend. The scroll which he gives to you is the equivalent to the third edition CONTROL UNDEAD http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/controlUndead.htm

And similar to the ability for 14th level necromancers.

If used against any other type of undead, he will appear once and demand a blood price for wasting such scroll. If the player accepts, is -2 CON and he will give another chance, just once. If the player refuses, he will disappear not before taking all "gifts" from the player.

ACT 3 :

After reaching Cazador's palace and using the scroll given, the "butler" will appear and order Cazador to make the PC

("act 3 astarion quest minor spoiler")
AScend

Every benefit which would be given to Astarion on the end of his questline if certain choices are made to make Astarion much stronger will be given to the PC plus PC will get the ability to cast finger of death, once per long rest.

PC's also will be able to transform its companions in vampire spawn.

A custom ending where the pc starts infuses the elder brain with a custom made spell and creates a kindgom of undeath will also be made.

Similar to Geb in Golariom.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 24/10/23 11:49 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
It looks like a great idea, and kudos for it being so well thought out. I like it a lot.

I suspect that the reason it isn't in game, is because the original games were Bhaalspawn focused. Possibly nobody thought of it, or thought it would be popular? Either way, it might make for a nice DLC at some point. Hopefully.

Thanks for the idea and the thought you obviously put into it. smile

addict
addict
This is pretty good, but I will simply not play a character below 18 Charisma.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
T
addict
addict
T
Hell yeah.. Charisma Based is the True Chad.. sorry man.
i understand yu pretty well bro. xD

Last edited by Thorvic; 25/10/23 09:25 PM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well, if Larian resolves to implement a new origin character and picks this as suggestion(extremely unlikely), as Dark Urge, you will be able to create your own custom character. I suggested that low CHA because Myrkul and necromancers aren't exactly charismatic.

stranger
stranger
In general, yes, I agree. But why only Mirkul (although it's my favourite god from the Dead Trinity). I think there needs to be a character with Bane's origin as well. Maybe not by blood like Baal, the other Deities don't have that many children as far as I know. This could be done through the domain of Death, which the priests don't have. Not even the ability to open it afterwards like a paladin (Oathbreaker). How would the plot twist go, though? For example, if you are also a priest of Mirkul, you could not fight Keterik at all (or kill him at the very end, because there can be only one chosen one). The same with Bane, he is almost non-existent in the game. There is no dialogue with Bane, Gortash has no unique transformation into his chosen creature. Why is that? It seems appropriate to me here and the worship of Shar and the development of such a priest because in the story she occupies not a small role.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Jack Morgan
In general, yes, I agree. But why only Mirkul (although it's my favourite god from the Dead Trinity). I think there needs to be a character with Bane's origin as well. Maybe not by blood like Baal, the other Deities don't have that many children as far as I know. This could be done through the domain of Death, which the priests don't have. Not even the ability to open it afterwards like a paladin (Oathbreaker). How would the plot twist go, though? For example, if you are also a priest of Mirkul, you could not fight Keterik at all (or kill him at the very end, because there can be only one chosen one). The same with Bane, he is almost non-existent in the game. There is no dialogue with Bane, Gortash has no unique transformation into his chosen creature. Why is that? It seems appropriate to me here and the worship of Shar and the development of such a priest because in the story she occupies not a small role.
You bring up great points, personally I'm more of a Bhaal guy myself, Bane won first and said "I choose to rule for all eternity as the ultimate tyrant, Ica induce hatred and strife at my whim and all will bow down before me while in my kingdom.", Myrkul got 2nd place and in an attempt to one up Bane, he said "But I choose the dead and by doing so I truly win... All things must die--- even gods." Bhaal got the last laugh and dropped the mic with this "I choose death... I can destroy your kingdom Bane, by murdering your subjects and I can starve your kingdom Myrkul by staying my hand." this alone is what I like about Bhaal, while the dead three are considered illegal at least Bane has his Zhentarim, incase anyone didn't know the Zhents are Banites aka Bane worshippers.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
Originally Posted by Jack Morgan
You bring up great points, personally I'm more of a Bhaal guy myself, Bane won first and said "I choose to rule for all eternity as the ultimate tyrant, Ica induce hatred and strife at my whim and all will bow down before me while in my kingdom.", Myrkul got 2nd place and in an attempt to one up Bane, he said "But I choose the dead and by doing so I truly win... All things must die--- even gods." Bhaal got the last laugh and dropped the mic with this "I choose death... I can destroy your kingdom Bane, by murdering your subjects and I can starve your kingdom Myrkul by staying my hand." this alone is what I like about Bhaal, while the dead three are considered illegal at least Bane has his Zhentarim, incase anyone didn't know the Zhents are Banites aka Bane worshippers.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That story with the division of spheres of influence is just brilliant. I like everyone in Dead Trinity and without the ability to become Bhaala's chosen one it was just as uncool. It's just that BG3 is already a great CRPG and I don't think there's anywhere else we'll be able to experience being chosen by anyone of that trio, so I'd like to see the ability to choose each of them. It's the path of absolute evil. Yeah I'm glad you know that story about the Zhentarim too, as I understand in the game they have moved away from worshipping Bane or not all cells of the organisation do it, I wish the game would cover that point. But I remember in Act 3 a Zhentarim merchant named Roa mentioned that they have moved away from it.

Last edited by Jack Morgan; 29/10/23 08:31 AM.
addict
OP Offline
addict
The greatest problem with that suggestion is the requirement of voice acting. Imagine getting all actors to do everything again for a new DA style character.

Link Copied to Clipboard