Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
What’s the deal Larian? Is my vampire spawn DUrge not good enough for the Drow blood chemist? Is that it? She’s still out here offering in Act 3, so where’s the hang up? Is it the tentacles? Must be the tentacles.

Tl;dr: We should probably have an option in Act 3 to bite the Drow ourselves for the strength potion if we’ve been turned into a vampire spawn.

Last edited by Yharmeru; 25/10/23 10:15 PM.
veteran
veteran
Ehm... right... how to say it? You aren't a vampire spawn, she wants to be bitten by a vampire, your Durge might be murderous, bot they aren't a vampire.
If you use a mod for that, it is still not canon.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
A
What Fylimar said. There is a concept of choice and consequence. Either let the Astarion do the deed or not. You want to have your cake and eat it too. Even as a DM, I would reject the idea as unless you are vampire/Dhampir, etc. It doesn’t count.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by fylimar
Ehm... right... how to say it? You aren't a vampire spawn, she wants to be bitten by a vampire, your Durge might be murderous, bot they aren't a vampire.

My DUrge is a vampire spawn though. No mods involved.

Astarion turns you into his spawn if he ascends and you continue to romance him. You even get a bite attack for the happy buff.

Originally Posted by Annoyed Player
Even as a DM, I would reject the idea as unless you are vampire/Dhampir, etc. It doesn’t count.

They are!

Last edited by Yharmeru; 25/10/23 06:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Yharmeru

Astarion turns you into his spawn if he ascends and you continue to romance him. You even get a bite attack for the happy buff.

Even as a DM, I would reject the idea as unless you are vampire/Dhampir, etc. It doesn’t count.

They are!

Oh, ok. I thought, that would happen at the end of the game

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
A
Originally Posted by Yharmeru

They are!

Oh that thing. No offence, that’s just sequence breaking I am afraid. The deal is in Act 2, you see her again in Act 3, but that’s not something the devs should include or plan for or make it make sense.

Case in point, you know Revivify? The thing that should help save us NPCs lives? Maybe change the outcomes? It doesn't work this way. Even, if we assume you get turned into Vampire Spawn by Astarion, it happens too late in the game to have any effect. The opportinity has passed.

There are certain limitations and while I can see your point, it's a fringe case at the very best. Just not something that was planned for and I think it should simply be available during Act 2. After that, she could have found another vampire spawn or something.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Oh that thing. No offence, that’s just sequence breaking I am afraid. The deal is in Act 2, you see her again in Act 3, but that’s not something the devs should include or plan for or make it make sense.

Look, this is a very low priority, DE type suggestion on something funny that stood out to me, so don’t take it too seriously.

That being said, when you run into her in Baldur’s Gate for the first time, the first thing she says is, “Hey, it’s you and that vampire spawn! The offer still stands if he’s changed his mind!”, which Astarion obviously rejects. He even responds differently depending on whether or not he’s ascended, so they clearly took his quest into account. That’s why I’m genuinely surprised there wasn’t an option to bite her yourself if that’s what she’s so hell bent on. I’d even have taken an “ew no, I want him”, but acknowledge me damnit!

Last edited by Yharmeru; 25/10/23 09:30 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard