Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#919640 02/11/23 05:57 PM
Zentu Offline OP
Bard of Suzail
OP Offline
Bard of Suzail
First I love all the work and fixes they have done with updates and even some of the new features added. However I have to question why two very popular feature requests that are easy to add (modders did it quick) have not been provided.

1) Give the option of using the Current Racial Modifiers or back to the Original Racial modifiers.

2) Give Paladins a way to assign a Patreon Deity.

BOTH of these existed in EA and from what we are seeing from the modding community, still exists in game, just need to be turned back on. This should take minimal effort from the devs so why have these not ben reenabled?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I would recommend that you likely answered your own question. If it is an easy answer for modders to do it, why spend resources which are working on other issues, not so easily solved by the community. Which isn't to say that it isn't on their list, simply that they are lower on the priority list at the moment.

Just my guess.

M
M
Using 5E everywhere needs to be put in by the official devs. It's mind-boggling that they still haven't put in so many basic features.

T
addict
addict
T
They used to Have this in the Game ?
i always felt weird this stuff with the Palas.. that yu cant choose a Deity
(this always gave palas their original Flavors.. its kinda pretty neat.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 08/11/23 12:43 AM.
addict
addict
I think it's an artistic choice. One that Larian wouldn't budge.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
journeyman
journeyman
I'm gonna have to agree with this topic, it is strange that Paladins get their power over an oath opposed to a deity. From what I remember from the classic games, Paladins always served under a deity and would come across them within different religious temples.

Keldorn from classic BG2 for example served under "The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart", Torm, Tyr and Helm are the deities whom the knights in the order follow.

So Paladins do serve under a deity. Only problem here is Minthara, she is a paladin that abandoned Lolth and there is no way she gains her power from the absolute or Orin for that matter. Only fix here would be to make her an oath breaker, but the problem with that is she already has dialogue stating her vengeance oath.

~Kensei~
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Well, that was also back in 2nd edition D&D. 5th edition Paladins don't actually have to serve a god, their power comes from their oath.
Though if I'm remembering my Forgotten Realms lore correctly, most people in the setting, incvluding paladins, do have a patron deity that they primarily worship (as I recall there's a very unpleasant afterlife waiting for people who followed no god at all, but it's been a few years), and there's a few gods that are obvious patrons for Paladins. And the stuff to do it is clearly there, I used a mod to play as a paladin of Selune and it worked fine all game. No idea why the option was removed, but my best guess is that it was an attempt to have unique dialog options for clerics, since the paladin options seem identical to the cleric ones.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by BhaalSpawnKensei
So Paladins do serve under a deity. Only problem here is Minthara, she is a paladin that abandoned Lolth and there is no way she gains her power from the absolute or Orin for that matter. Only fix here would be to make her an oath breaker, but the problem with that is she already has dialogue stating her vengeance oath.
Yeah, that's silly/odd. Once she is recruited Goblin Slayer with Scottish accent should appear ...

B
old hand
old hand
B
BTW - my Tav started off as a Cleric of Eilistraee and branched out into Cult Enforcer smile
I got a PALADIN OF EILISTRAEE] dialogue option at some point

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dext. Paladin
I think it's an artistic choice. One that Larian wouldn't budge.

New racial modifiers as "artistic choice" ? lol. Ok then.
Sorry if I didn't realize you were purposefully being sarcastic.

In my view "artistic choice" for such a small thing is the perfect scapegoat for anything you want to be lazy on and ignore.

I made it an "artistic choice" not to play the game until Larian makes it more difficult and less fun (less fun in a Larian silly world = more immersion better gameplay).

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 15/11/23 01:08 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..

Link Copied to Clipboard