#920690 06/11/23 02:09 PM
E
Ermetik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello everyone,

Posting here in case anyone has a fix for this.

Since Patch 4, on my latest playthrough, my game has been plagued with lags which were manageable until Act 3. Now, in Act 3, at times, seemingly somewhat randomly, the game is lagging at an unplayable level. It seems to be linked to the characters entering a new subsection of the area I'm currently in, but I can't be sure.

Video example of a lag I managed to recreate consistently towards the end of the Rivington section of Act 3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v6Dw1RKjWDxvHwp8hGAr19doP8e4R4aO

Party characters don't follow the avatar after input, and the avatar can't interact with NPCs for a long while. Some NPCs appear to be walking in place; their position sometimes reset, as if the game was recalculating their trajectory (see Shadowheart at the end of the video above). It sometimes takes minutes for the game to "catch up" to player input.

Same lag when I try saving in similar situations: I press F5 but the saving only actually occurs once the game has "caught up".

I tried verifying game files' integrity via Steam and deleting everything in the LevelCache folder of the game, to no effect.

Didn't have any issues with the game prior to Patch 4.

Thanks in advance!

System specs:
Intel Core i9-10900KF @ 3.70 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (driver version 546.01)
32 GB RAM DDR4 XMP HyperX FURY @ 3200MHz
Game version 4.1.1.3905231 (via Steam)

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v71kyjrNfs0ezMcl2aleNcy92u92bMb2

stranger
stranger
Exactly the same problem.
It starts when first entering Rivington and then it feels like a delay in loading resources for a new piece of the world.

But the problem does not exist on old saves - characters who reached Rivington before patch 4.

System specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS with Radeon Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU GDDR6 @ 6GB(192bits)
Driver GeForce Game Ready v.546.01 (10/31/2023)
Game version 4.1.1.3905231 (Steam)

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same problem here.
Ryzen 9 3900X, Geforce 4070, 16 GB RAM
With patch 4 all areas before city works well. Played about 30h with astarion so far. Before about 500h (patch 3 downto start early access)
Maybe 1000 fixes is a sign, that the game was not ready for production. Its still early access and we as customers are still the testing staff.

Thanks,
Roman

Last edited by Khelben93; 06/11/23 08:33 PM.
E
Ermetik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Update on the bug: After I tried removing all party members except for the avatar from the party to see if it would fix the bug, the NPC in the later section of Rivington just don't appear at all. I can't see a way to progress past this blocker.

stranger
stranger
Same here, I started a new playthrough specifically to see what patch 4 changed. Ran fine until act 3, once I hit Rivington, things started to go downhill. Now I am at Southspan of Wyrm's crossing and it has completely gone off the rails:

1. Voss does not show up in Sharess Caress after the conversation with Raphael (I said no)
2. Party just stands in one place even after TAV moves. Townsfolk move animation shows them walking in place - upwards of 30 seconds before game catches up
3. Once they lower the bridge to Wyrm's Rock fortress, party does not move at all (excluding TAV)
4. Steel watchers take 15-30 seconds to draw on the screen gaurding the entrance to Gortash's tower
5. Save game does not work
6. Quit game will sometimes freeze, requiring shutting down steam client entirely.

Completely blocked at this point .

Edit:

Turnmed off Dynamic crowds, bugged with or without DLSS enabled, DX11 or Vulkan

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900
32GB DDR4 3800 GSkill
LC Suprim RTX4090 Suprim
Win 11 Home

Last edited by Atherion; 09/11/23 05:47 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Same as others, chiming in. Act 1/2 had occasional lag, act 3 is unplayable on a new game (Karlach main). Entering this as a bug as well.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Following this up as well, PS5, act 3 is a total mess post patch 4 on a new durge playthrough, multiplayer is even worse, constant lag, frame drops, freezing and crashing

E
Ermetik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Latest hotfix appears to have fixed the lag issue in Rivington for me so far. But I'm having issues with Voss, now, like Atherion. After the conversation with Raphael, Voss stays in the rooms and asks me to join him in the taproom on a loop without leaving Raphael's room.

Edit: Still same lag issues in Lower City... even though Rivington seems to have been fixed.

Last edited by Ermetik; 10/11/23 02:33 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Same issues with Voss, he just stands there and does not follow, how r these things breaking with each patch?

A
stranger
stranger
A
The lag is definitely not generally fixed, I am still encountering it today. Nothing moves in Wyrmrock Fortress. I can enter with my avatar and run around, but all NPCs are stationary and silent, followers not following.
This problem only occured for me when entering Wyrmroch Fortress the 2nd time. The first time was completely fine, getting the waypoint and clearing the dungeon. Then I when back to Rivington because I forgot something, and now it's f***ed up.
I thought it might be a server network issue, since at one point I got some strange "disconnect" message and was thrown out of my game to the main menu.

apprentice
apprentice
I started my monk playthrough just before patch 4 and the game was as good as it ever has. Since patch 4 and hotfix 10 the performance is awful. every glitch, bug, issue that has been expressed here i have also experienced.

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Mobo MSI Tmahawk B450 Max
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
GPU RX 6700 XT Latest drivers
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
Windows 11 all updates installed
Macxd #922182 12/11/23 04:16 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Same Issue, I am unable to navigate act 3 with this lag. For reference I have finished the game in 2 other playthroughs and never had any of these issues. It all stated after patch 4.

Zugor #922237 12/11/23 07:10 PM
Same issue here. Me and my brother ran through the game without a hitch when the game was fully released.
The latest patch brings incredible lag to act 3. Act 1 and 2 were fine.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I am also having this problem. Only since the patch and only as of Act 3. Characters wont follow my lead. Sometimes doors wont open, dialogs take time to start, etc. This happens both in DirextX and in Vortex (Seems worse in Vortex)

I
stranger
stranger
I
I'm having the same issues with lag - happened when it updated last night around 11:30 p.m. EST. It's been manageable, but right now I'm flat out stuck, like my character will turn the direction that I clicked to move them in but won't move. There are really long lag spikes when fast traveling, talking to npc's, going to camp...etc.

EDIT: I had to roll back a save because, well, you should know by now, and now everytime I talk to Wyll in camp the game freezes. Tried a different campsite and got the same result and with the added issue of a random mind flayer spawning in camp just standing around. The game is officially broken for me until you roll back or fix whatever is causing the problem.

Last edited by InfluenceThis; 12/11/23 08:53 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I hope larian hot fixes this by tomorrow what a piss off I'm currently reinstalling the game to check it out.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I hope larian hot fixes this by tomorrow what a piss off I'm currently reinstalling the game to check it out.

Update: the reinstall showed promise the moment i went to camp then ported back out the lag is happening again thats in moonrise towers act 2.

Last edited by Myth1799; 12/11/23 11:08 PM.
R
RoX Offline
stranger
stranger
R
Same problem here. No issues on my first completion.
Now the lag is beginning when coming to Rivington and gets unplayable at the bridge to Gortash.
Hopefully this get fixed soon.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Busted for me too on a new playthru since P4. Unplayable level of lag in Rivington.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Heres a fix for PC only on reddit
Mines been workimg flawlessly for sever hours of gameplay

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/17shjen/fix_for_act_3_delay_bug_pc_only/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard