Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
stranger
stranger
F
Any ETA for patch on Mac?

I can't play coop with friends for almost 2 weeks. At first GeForce Now problem, then versions incompatibility.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Buba68
I will put off downloading this and wait for Hotfix 11 and/or Patch 5 ...

Unfortunately, this seems to be a never ending loop. They come out with a huge patch (look at us, we fixed 1000 things), and it always breaks other parts of the game. Then they have to scramble to release yet another 1-2 hotfixes in-between the previous big patch. We'll be saying for the next year "I'll wait for so and so patch" in hopes that this is the one that finally makes it not feel like a beta.

I kinda wished I waited a year for when they eventually release an Enhanced (DOS1)/Definitive (DOS2) version. Then, maybe, they'll have worked out all the bugs and given us all the missing features (I'm still looking at you split screen couch co-op).

Last edited by Tom Imp; 10/11/23 03:51 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
I kinda wished I waited a year for when they eventually release an Enhanced (DOS1)/Definitive (DOS2) version.
I agree. There are moments when I regret starting to play at Launch, instead of waiting for Final Version.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Wait, I thought the release for the PS5 was the official launch. Am I missing something?

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Darkangel1211
Wait, I thought the release for the PS5 was the official launch. Am I missing something?
I use the term Launch for the "release of full game to public on platform X" version. By Final Version I mean the shape the game will be after a gazillion Patches which change e.g. possible endings, making it a different game, basically.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hotfix 10 is now live for Mac!

The team continues to work on fixes and looking into issues reported after Patch 4 too. I recommend submitting reports directly to our Support Team along with a save file: https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

Z
addict
addict
Z
[quote][/quote]https://postimg.cc/f3XwR4hg

Sato what is the newest version??
What patch we get on Geforce??

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 10/11/23 07:23 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
@buba68 - Ah I gotcha - I’m not holding my breath lolz, it might take some time ^^

T
addict
addict
T
HUHAUHAUHAUHAUHA
Yup yu are not Wrong bro..
Thats what it is..haha

stranger
stranger
After this fix Halsin no longer follows my party (sometimes he starts after a couple of battles and wildshape shifts, but then he stop again.) IDK what triggers that, but it's definitely a bug. Astarion's kisses are completely broken, he and my OC 'kiss' in the air 50-100 centimeters apart while closing their eyes. The animation works, but it's obviously very bugged. This is on Steam, windows 10.

UPD: I've submitted a report.

Last edited by youarebymyside; 12/11/23 07:27 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by youarebymyside
After this fix Halsin no longer follows my party (sometimes he starts after a couple of battles and wildshape shifts, but then he stop again.) IDK what triggers that, but it's definitely a bug. Astarion's kisses are completely broken, he and my OC 'kiss' in the air 50-100 centimeters apart while closing their eyes. The animation works, but it's obviously very bugged. This is on Steam, windows 10.

UPD: I've submitted a report.

A number of us have had this problem - there's some chat about it over at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=922208#Post922208

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Sato fix the damn delay bug as soon as possible so many people are having issues.

veteran
veteran
Don't shoot the messenger

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
stranger
stranger
One of the fights I started in Act 3 was so badly afflicted by whatever processing bug has broken crowds that my game started crashing between player turns.
My fix was to start a new run (my 4th) because Acts 1 & 2 aren't plagued by it. Fine by me!

F
stranger
stranger
F
I just finished
House of Hope
, went back to Rivington and the map was unexplored, all NPCs are back in their original position, and I can't talk to any of them. Completely broken. Even the
Silver Watch are alive and well after I decimated them in Wyrm's Rock.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by alethra
the first thing I check was my Astarion kiss
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Really hoping to see some possible new hug and kiss animations soon.
Originally Posted by Baihu
Kissing animations still dont work for me on all save files
Originally Posted by SheWildWolf
Astarion's kissing animation, although no longer a grandma peck, is very misaligned
Astarion's kisses are completely broken
Originally Posted by Rebel Moon
Gale

- still has no kiss animation at all.
thank you guys
now i finally understood what is my problem with bg3
i thought its somehow related to missing d/n (hello im a drow/shadowmonk/gloomstalker/whatever and i soooo love sunlight so i cant do anything at night!)
or maybe it was the moment i realized that the game has only one way to complete it (hello me paladin lemme help i want some content) and all of so-called "choices" are just cutting off some parts of this way
or maybe unpolishness of a2-3
or maybe it was a feeling of dos2 reskin
or maybe "3463274k endings"
or maybe everything-procing-lightning-charges, mrtavernlord, totally not op haste, you name it
or maybe enemies' ai that just cannot handle any aoe ccs starting from beastmaster web spam
or maybe this, or maybe that, etc

but now i realize
bg3 is fine
im just not in bg3' target audience
well, i guess kiss animations and pinus models are equal or even more important

old hand
old hand
Ah, I can be cranky about the kiss stuff if I want to. We do get very invested in the companion stories after all. Which is why I play. For immersion in a story. Which by the way, I’ve seen stuff about Astarion’s kisses, but Shadowheart’s kisses also got changed for the worse with the latest patch. (Playing on PC with no mods.) Very eagerly awaiting a hotfix, I’m hoping in the next few weeks. Obviously that’s not the only thing I’m concerned about, given all of the larger bugs I’ve seen reported, but it’s the thing that’s catching my attention right now.

Originally Posted by freezeme
but now i realize
bg3 is fine

It's so funny that you took the time to collect all those comments tbh. I don't think most people asked or even expected to get new kissing animations. It's not as high demand as the more important stuff like better epilogues, higher difficulty setting, Karlach fix, etc. The reason why people are mentioning kissing animations is because it is a noticeable change, and it is currently bugged lmao. Some of us got tired of mentioning the same problem over and over again.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Yes yesssss let the hate flow through you.

Please Larian fix kiss scenes.
And the performance issue. See? I care things other than kisses lmao

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by freezeme
Originally Posted by alethra
the first thing I check was my Astarion kiss
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Really hoping to see some possible new hug and kiss animations soon.
Originally Posted by Baihu
Kissing animations still dont work for me on all save files
Originally Posted by SheWildWolf
Astarion's kissing animation, although no longer a grandma peck, is very misaligned
Astarion's kisses are completely broken
Originally Posted by Rebel Moon
Gale

- still has no kiss animation at all.
thank you guys
now i finally understood what is my problem with bg3
i thought its somehow related to missing d/n (hello im a drow/shadowmonk/gloomstalker/whatever and i soooo love sunlight so i cant do anything at night!)
or maybe it was the moment i realized that the game has only one way to complete it (hello me paladin lemme help i want some content) and all of so-called "choices" are just cutting off some parts of this way
or maybe unpolishness of a2-3
or maybe it was a feeling of dos2 reskin
or maybe "3463274k endings"
or maybe everything-procing-lightning-charges, mrtavernlord, totally not op haste, you name it
or maybe enemies' ai that just cannot handle any aoe ccs starting from beastmaster web spam
or maybe this, or maybe that, etc

but now i realize
bg3 is fine

Folks can say what they will about this post, but in fairness, it's hilarious.

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting the animations to work properly, but I still think a series of quotes about kisses is comedy gold. Does it hyperfocus on one thing and ignore that those players likely have other issues? Sure. But it also manages to convey what the poster is trying to say, which is that he feels like too much attention is being given to the wrong things, and that he feels like his wants as a consumer aren't being met. Largely because he feels like the game is meeting the wants of a different subset.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard