Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Shadowheart's cutscene about her dream of becoming a *certain something* will repeat word for word at least three times during the story, despite the player having already seen it and the journal fully registering the event;

• First time she will talk about this dream after revealing her secret of who she is if the player has high enough affinity
  • Second time she will talk about this dream after meeting Halsin for the first time and asking him about Moonrise
  • Third time she will talk about this dream after reaching the broken bridge to Shar's Temple in Grymforge

The *dream half* of these situational dialogues is only supposed to play if she never spoke about her dream, but unfortunately the game doesn't recognize that she already told it so it just keeps playing it regardless.

Here's a video showing the same scene play out for the 2nd and 3rd time during a playthrough, despite having seen this scene 20 hours ago;

old hand
old hand
I have noticed that I’ve gotten this dialogue twice, once when a little exclamation popped up over her head and she wanted to tell me something about herself pre-goblin-camp, and then again after the tiefling party. It does get a bit old. I guess they don’t want you to miss it, but it would be nice if there was some kind of trigger keeping it from repeating.

It seems like you’re working through the game noting bugs, which is helpful. I think that you’ll have quite an interesting experience with Shadowheart at the beginning of act 3. Her dialogue is so completely bugged out it’s kind of ridiculous. Like every dialogue option you could have with her, regardless of relationship, shows up there, including ones that are wrong or out of date. Also her kisses don’t work properly anymore.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm not too worried about ACT 3 since I always stop playing once I reach it. I'm cursed to forever be stuck reporting bugs for the first two acts grin

Link Copied to Clipboard