Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
A lot of articles about BG3 have been about sex and evil runs. To be fair I don't plan on any celibate playthroughs and I only have one character I would call good but the consistent promotion of just those things makes me wonder about the stories that are not told.

Is there anything about the characters or story yoiu wish articles would focus on more? I mean things you enjoyed experimenting with.

Have you developed any Origin or custom character in a unique or interesting way to really get into their personality?

What about really good characters? Have you done a good playthrough you found particularly rewarding -or challenging as you fought off your own blood urges? smile

Last edited by Taleon; 15/11/23 01:27 PM.

If everyone was treated the way they treated the person least able to resist there would be universal prosperity and complete peace

#MMS
veteran
veteran
I only play good characters, therefore, I never had Minthara in my group yet.
I'm also not interested in the sex content, that is not, why I play a DnD game. I only found out, that the kissing scenes were broken through this forum. I do romances for story purposes, but not because I'm hot for a character.

I wish, the articles would focus more on the really well done side NPCs, like Barcus, Raphael, Ethel, Mol, Hope... and the sidequests. I think the sidequests are, where the game really shines. A lot of games have an engaging main story and the rest are fetchquests. In BG3, there are tons of really great sidequests and I remember only two fetch quests, that can be done on the fly, while doing other quests ( the clown and Mystic Carrion). That should be mentioned far more often.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I usually play characters with good intentions who are willing to do a lot to see it done. Not good. I feel like characters with no rules or code have no meaning. I find actually good characters very interesting. I like romance in games. I would even say I get bored if the hero doesn't care about someone who cares about them. I'd be completely satisfied with the usual fade out but I'm not against sex. I do think there's a lot more to this game than that.

I agree the side quests are more like full small stories.

Originally Posted by fylimar
I only play good characters, therefore, I never had Minthara in my group yet.
I'm also not interested in the sex content, that is not, why I play a DnD game. I only found out, that the kissing scenes were broken through this forum. I do romances for story purposes, but not because I'm hot for a character.

I wish, the articles would focus more on the really well done side NPCs, like Barcus, Raphael, Ethel, Mol, Hope... and the sidequests. I think the sidequests are, where the game really shines. A lot of games have an engaging main story and the rest are fetchquests. In BG3, there are tons of really great sidequests and I remember only two fetch quests, that can be done on the fly, while doing other quests ( the clown and Mystic Carrion). That should be mentioned far more often.

Last edited by Taleon; 15/11/23 11:04 AM.

If everyone was treated the way they treated the person least able to resist there would be universal prosperity and complete peace

#MMS
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't know if this is on topic. But remember that man who tried to raise a Githyanki egg without giving up hope. Tav just doesn't seem to have a good answer, does it? "So much fuss over an egg" kind of thing. And either we take it away, but I don't want to do that, (although I spoilered myself)
that this baby is going to make a mess later.
But even without the spoiler, I'd like to keep the egg, not give it to weird people, and tell him "you're good, bless you, goodbye".

T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Definitely on topic LiryFire. I love that little story. I kept the egg on one of the playthroughs I'm running; the only one where we've had the option. I can't spoil the rest because I don't know how it turns out but that bit was the right answer for us. We aren't giving it to anyone. smile

I feel like that entire area makes you ask questions about Githyanki culture and who your character is. I would love to see articles about that. Great choice.

Originally Posted by LiryFire
I don't know if this is on topic. But remember that man who tried to raise a Githyanki egg without giving up hope. Tav just doesn't seem to have a good answer, does it? "So much fuss over an egg" kind of thing. And either we take it away, but I don't want to do that, (although I spoilered myself)
that this baby is going to make a mess later.
But even without the spoiler, I'd like to keep the egg, not give it to weird people, and tell him "you're good, bless you, goodbye".

#MMS
apprentice
apprentice
I was surprised that there was so little information about Drizzt in the game. Mention of him can only be found in a brothel. I would like to meet him in the game. In the first two parts, he participated in the plot on an equal basis with Elminster. I really hope for DLС

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Akorolin
I was surprised that there was so little information about Drizzt in the game. Mention of him can only be found in a brothel. I would like to meet him in the game.
so u mean u wanna see him raped in terms of background just like viconia?

L
L
I was surprised that there was so little information about Drizzt in the game. Mention of him can only be found in a brothel. I would like to meet him in the game. In the first two parts, he participated in the plot on an equal basis with Elminster. I really hope for DLС

Would he still be alive? We met him in the first Baldur's Gate game and that takes place 100 years before this one.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Liarie
Would he still be alive? We met him in the first Baldur's Gate game and that takes place 100 years before this one.

He is a drow and can live a thousand years.

Originally Posted by freezeme
so u mean u wanna see him raped in terms of background just like viconia?

Yes, Viconia turned out to be terrible, but they did a great job with Minsk. I just dream of seeing him and Guenhwyvar, even from afar! I would have done like Neil did during the dnd session and screamed with delight!

Last edited by Akorolin; 16/11/23 06:22 AM.
veteran
veteran
He's also an Icon of the Realm and will continue to endure in one way or another as long as stories are told and the franchise continues - The powers that be like to pull strings to keep their favourite pieces on the board ^.^

T
Taleon Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
The HighRollers DnD oneshot was hilarious Akorolin and the depiction of Drizzt was great. hahaha I can definitely see him in a DLC.

Is there any character who was in the game you think was depicted well and you feel like people don't talk about enough? Or any game feature you enjoyed that seems to be overlooked?

#MMS
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It's interesting so many people are playing through the evil options. I keep meaning to, but when it comes time to make that decision I find that I can't. So I'm learning about lots of interesting things about branches of the story I haven't yet explored, making it likelier that I will at some point.

Though my memory of BGs 1 & 2 is pretty spotty after 20+ years, it's nice to see so many old characters referenced in the game. Though there are times when you'd expect certain mentions or encounters to provoke much stronger reactions than they do (or any reaction at all). Personally, I'm loving all the mentions of previous BG characters - or just canon D&D characters - because it rattles a few memories loose from the rafters. (Apropos of nothing, I found my BG2 CDs, but not BG1. I'm pretty sure BG1 contains a fold-out map of Faerun I'm hoping to frame... grrr!)

But the obvious stuff is obvious. I'll echo an earlier poster and say I'd love to see more discussions about the little nooks and crannies, the side quests, and the less-featured but still well-done characters because - any problems one might have with the central story aside - there are some interactions that appear fairly trivial at first, then turn out to have a profound impact on the story. That sort of threaded story-telling still amazes me. Yet I often miss out on things because I get too focused on what I'm already doing.

And also, how people balance their parties to maximize gameplay and roleplay at the same time. I see people talking about how the game is too easy. On Balanced, I don't find the game overly difficult, but I'm finding it sufficiently challenging. (For me, it's usually a matter of remembering to sufficiently prepare for the big ones, and just not playing cRPGs all that often). And I see a lot about specific character builds.

Also also, I haven't played pen-and-paper D&D since 3.5. So newer D&D classes like Warlock and Artificer (which would be a *great* class for BG3. just throwing that in there for gnome reason at all) are things I've only encountered in video games where I'm missing out on the underlying theory. I could go out and buy some 5th edition manuals, I suppose, but that seems like a stretch right now as I don't know anyone in RL who plays.

Finally, since we are wish-casting a bit, I would love to see a side-by-side leveling guide of all the classes. Like a spreadsheet where the columns are the classes and sub-classes, and the rows are filled with the leveling perks for each one. I figure there's a good chance someone has made one and thrown it up on the internet (though I haven't found it yet), so I'm hoping whoever makes it turns out not to be me (because I am lazy). I love muti-classing characters but keeping track of it all for multiple characters often eludes me (and so, lazy or not, if none such spreadsheet already exists, I'll probably end up making it.)

TL;dr - More discussion of the D&D/BGs 1&2 lore and continuing character progressions, more big deals made out of the little stuff, and maybe a little more of why people are choosing the party members they do.

"Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips, he was caught and imprisoned for tax evasion." -Yellowbeard.
L
L

He is a drow and can live a thousand years.

Sure, but do you really want to meet old man Drizzt? I think it would be better if we met people who met him. I think he had a daughter? so we could possibly meet her.

Last edited by Liarie; 16/11/23 02:08 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Sure, but do you really want to meet old man Drizzt? I think it would be better if we met people who met him. I think he had a daughter? so we could possibly meet her.

In BG2 we meet Drizzt in the company of Catti-brie and Wulfgar. Most likely, at the time of BG3, Drizzt will be even younger than Astarion

Last edited by Akorolin; 16/11/23 07:31 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard