Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
will be walking around and the entire game will just freeze in time for up to 30 seconds while everything catches up. Except you the player can walk around and everyone is either frozen in place or walking stationary.

This happens when entering a new area or even fast traveling. Or even doing something as minor as opening a door.

Never saw these issues before in act 3 or in the earlier game at all.

Crossing the bridge to in act 3 with Minthara at the end causes 5 min it freeze tried on 3 different PCs same issue looks like exact issue PS5 players are having

J
stranger
stranger
J
I'm wondering if this is just an Act 3 and or hotfix 11 problem. This is making the game all but unplayable.

I've tried all sorts of options and adjustments to priority, graphic settings etc. and nothing seems to help much.

Latest freeze was pulling up a lockpick dialogue and the game just sat there for more than 15 minutes.

U
stranger
stranger
U
It broke in patch 4.
Saves older than patch 4 don't have this issue. Seems all new characters created after patch 4 do have this issue.

D
stranger
stranger
D
So if i have old save and back to him I can finish act 3 without freezing ?

R
stranger
stranger
R
This is brutal. I've run multiple chars to act 2 and took my latest one to act 3 only to quickly find it to be a laggy, stuttery, mess. Have the devs acknowledged this problem at all?

F
stranger
stranger
F
I noticed the same changes as well. It impacts a bunch of areas. Please fix this Larian

I
stranger
stranger
I
Absolutely unplayable on the PS5 and I am on my first playthrough and can't seem to do anything in Act 3 which sucks because I love this game so far and haven't been able to play in the past few days
Hope the fix comes out sooner rather than later

D
stranger
stranger
D
Just go fast to lover city. Rush beginning of act 3 by doing quest: Open Hand Temple Murders, Bypass the first guards on the right side by jumping to the platform and talk to the second ones and give them a pass from quest and go to lover city game there work fine. In my case it help i back to Rivingtown after next path smile

V
stranger
stranger
V
yep, still broken, rivington its ok for me but upon reaching wyrm's crossing things get very ugly, lower city its unplayable, playing on pc

T
addict
addict
T
Yup Same Here..
since the Hotfix 11 Roll out i Run into this Problem..
i Notice its Close to Doors and Bridges, Stairs that this Lag/Stutter Happens.
Just Run into This in the Final Battle of AC2 when yu Storm the Castle with Harpers/Iron Hands
and in Ac 3 this happens all around.. had to even Skip some Parts of the Map becouse of that but the Worst of then All was like 1 Dude coment here..
Next the Wyrms Rock Bridge.. i Never Managed to Cross the Bridge the Game Freeze complete and only me Move around..
i cant even Get out of the Game or do Anything.. Just get Stuck
I will Test Avoiding the Bridge and Trying to enter from the other Side using the Secret wood Stare that yu can use.. but i dont know if the City will be the Same..
Becouse its Unplayable for Real.

(Even when i Try to Speak with the Lady at the Bridge to Make her Open the Stuff Freeze the Game too.. after a Bunch of Reloading she made the Stuff work and the Bridge go down.. but its like i Told, impossible to Cross without the Game getting Freeze.)

Im Playing on PC and its Not a Old Save..
Its a New Game i Just Made when the Hotfix came out..
becouse all my old Saves i Never Dare to enter on Then, Never Goes Well as i Saw with Evry Patch its always Better to Start a New.. Trust me..
after 1200 hrs of Game this New Bug really Kill the game for Me.. really bad stuff!
i Can only Start a New Game and make AC 1 and AC 2.
Becouse AC 3 will Have to Wait for a Fix.

(Before the last Hotfix 11 i Had this Issue in Some Places Like inside the Circus and when yu Go to the Side of the Map were yu find the Thiefs Guild and the Stone Lords Dude Fighting.. but Nothing Bad as i Reported Here, it was like a simple Lag and then they start to follow me and the game runs ok.. but now its really unplayable all NPC and Companions just Freeze like the entire World its Frozen and only i can Run around, i had to Avoid Some quests and Parts of the Map becouse of this..)

I Tested Drop Down Evrything on Configuration, reinstaled the Game, Clean all Cash and Data made a Clean Reinstall but nothing Solve..
and Like i Told Here i Notice this is Happening Especially Close to Doors, Stairs, Bridges..
something with the Pathway of the Companions since they Made a Change in the Last Patch becouse of the Bug when companions dont Follow..
(i actually Split the Party in Two nowadays becouse of this Bug.. and only Carry around my Romance but this time even this did not work as a Fix.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 23/11/23 01:05 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Everyone that used that guys pc fix for the delay prior hotfix 11 has a save corruption remove and delete the cache folders and the saves leading up to when you installed those files and start from there.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I'm having the same issue in Moonrise, so not just an Act 3 issue.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Myth1799
Everyone that used that guys pc fix for the delay prior hotfix 11 has a save corruption remove and delete the cache folders and the saves leading up to when you installed those files and start from there.

Do you say that If we delete all saves the game will run better?
That is intresting because I play on cloud gaming and I have this issues as well+ I have my saves on steam cloud.
Also an interesting thing is before the hotfix 11 on SteamDeck the game was working. But it also runned better around 40-50 fps in act3. Then on Geforce ultimate tier with rtx4080 what is technically stronger than the 4090.
I and on my deck the saves a local.
So I kind a don't understand what do you suggest or want to point out.

I

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 23/11/23 01:54 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Something that Myth1799 says is True and i did this on Evry Update..
(Evry Hotfix or Patch they Release i Wipe Out my Game and Delete all Old Saves and Always Start a New One..)

It Sux but Becouse of That i already have Beated the Game more then 11 times so Far..
I Can Never Run old Saves becouse this Game Cant Handle..
So Always Start a New Game when Big Patchs come out at Least, if yu dont want to do like me with evry Hotfix yu wipe evrything.
But this Time this Did not Help..
I did like i always do Start a New Game when the Hotfix 11 came Out..
The entire Game Run Perfect Much Better then Before in act 1,2 but when i Get to Act 3 Man.. become Unplayable..
and like i Said..
This is a New Game i Just Made when the Hotfix came out, its Not a Old Save..
Does Not Worth Runing Old Saves in this Game untill they Made a Better engine for this Game..
Becouse whats happen is, if yu Run a Old Save i can Guarantee yu will run into Game Blockers and any other Bug that Nobody ever Saw..
i can tell yu from personal experience with this Game..
So Far the Best Version of this Game till this Day was 2.0 and Lounch..
Only Karlach and Halsin were Broken.. after That Litle by Litle the game start to Crumble, Now its unplayable in act 3..
(Back then if yu Avoid Karlach and Halsin yu would Have a Stellar Experience..)

And like other Coment Here i Too See this Same Bug in the AC2 when i was Storming the Castle with the Harpers/Iron Hands..
was the Only time, when i start trying to Cross the Main Door of Moorise Tower the Same Bug Happen..
like i Told i beleave the Couse of this Bug/Stuter/Freeze/Lag Crazy Thing.. is Related with the Companions Pathway.. especially in Doors, Stairs, Bridges..
Something they Change to try solve the Bug when companions dont Follow Couse this New One..
and Had another Bug Related with Doors too when yu could not Atack enemies close to Doors maybe they Both couse this new One.

Last edited by Thorvic; 23/11/23 11:17 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I am having same issue. The new hotfix I believe caused the issue. I was still in Act 2 and didn't notice it. But now in Act 3 it is all but unplayable. I've put in a bug report; waiting on response from Larian (their responses have been a lot slower since exiting EA).

Last edited by smd1967; 24/11/23 02:46 AM. Reason: Typographical error
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by unkoil
It broke in patch 4.
Saves older than patch 4 don't have this issue. Seems all new characters created after patch 4 do have this issue.

Could be true, I started a new game right after patch 4 was released and also having these issues

Last edited by Amsterdoom; 24/11/23 03:07 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by victor.oliveira
yep, still broken, rivington its ok for me but upon reaching wyrm's crossing things get very ugly, lower city its unplayable, playing on pc

Yeah same here. Act 1, 2 and Act 3 Rivington are fine. Once you go to Wyrm's Rock or Lower City the problems start. Companions not following, unable to interact. warping or moonwalking NPC's.
It feels like playing an MMO with an overloaded server.

Link Copied to Clipboard