Print Thread
#923825 21/11/23 05:11 AM
E
ericthc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I've been searching but I don't see anyone seem to have reported same issue.

Since about 3-4 days ago, in mid game (I'm just in Act 1), my TV would randomly go black. Have been playing since the game's launch on PS5 (yeah I'm a slow player) and have not encountered this problem until very recently.
The sound continues and the game continues - not frozen or anything. When I turn my TV off and on again, the game is as it was. I would then play and it would happen again. There doesn't seem to be any gameplay scenario that I can correlate it to. Yesterday I stepped away for a few moments and left the game running and it went blank with no input.

I've tried to have HDR off, HDR On, HDR Auto. All went blank at some point - it can happen as quickly as within 5 minutes.

I've played other PS5 games since and it doesn't seem to happen.

I've got the latest PS5 Software and BG3 is v.4.1.1.3956130.

Has anyone come across this or can suggest anything I can try? Thanks in advance.

There are only two times I've encountered an entirely black screen, with the music still playing and not actually frozen. First time was when I was aiming an arrow into the depths, and the camera did a nosedive INTO THE CHASM.
Happened at the Monastary, getting the Blood of Lathander
It was pitch black, but with sound and nothing frozen. I had to pull my camera back, or swivel the left joystick a bit (just do a 360) to readjust the camera.

The second time was when I finished a playthrough and there was supposed to be a cutscene in a room, but rather than putting me in the room, the room was floating in the center. It was also pitch black, until I rotated the room to the front side. It was very strange, but both "black screens" were fixed by adjusting the camera position.

I never experienced a black screen just by leaving the game on though. So I'm not sure if this is the same thing you're experiencing.

Last edited by Lillith; 22/11/23 04:16 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
This is your hdr settings with your ps5 and your TV you need to default your TV settings and turn down the sharpness on a profile and make sure the hdr is always on on the ps5.

Link Copied to Clipboard