Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
baobun Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Totally stumped about what to do here, so this hasn't happened to any other boss in the game - I get to my durge dual with orin and after I kill her I'm unable to move and the game freezes, I'm still able to move the camera around and press buttons but they don't do anything...I've tried reinstalling the game, updating my drivers and graphics card etc. - I'm playing this save with mods so that might be an issue but it's just odd that it's the first time that this has happened...I've tried initiating the fight with different party members and nothing seems to work. I thought it might just take a while to load but I left it loading for an hour but the game just crashed without loading
Anyone had anything similar happen to them, or any advice on what to do?

Last edited by baobun; 22/11/23 11:09 AM.
stranger
stranger
I am having the exact same issue. It doesn't matter what I do as soon as orin dies---the game just does what you described above. I tried without mods as well on a full playthrough and the same thing happened. You are the first person I've seen talk about it. Glad to hear it's not only me, but that doesn't help find a solution...sigh.

baobun Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
oh man ok, I thought it might have been just me but hopefully someone has a solution or we get a new patch that fixes it...would be really nice to actually finish my durge playthrough

stranger
stranger
I am going to test out and see if it happens with Orin during a non-durge playthrough. I also submitted a report to Larian, fingers. Fingers crossed something will fixed soon.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
You guys realize once you load in mods it's forever on your save file so removing them well have no effect. If you started a fresh playthrough after removing mods you still need to delete the cache or that file well still be corrupted. Same goes for people with the delay bug patch 11 fixed it but for those that used the guys pc fix now have a corrupted file. Hope this helps

Myth.

stranger
stranger
Thank you! Yeah, unfortunately I did delete everything that needed to be deleted, reinstalled the game and started a brand new playthrough without any mods and the glitch still occurred when I reached that point. I haven't been able to find a fix for this issue & it started after the last major update - no issues before that, so at this point I think I just have to wait for a fix to happen!

Link Copied to Clipboard