Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
zg4real Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
After playing through 2 2/3 files, I can honestly say that Baldur's Gate 3 is the most fun I've ever had playing a video game.

With that being said, what is the justification for continuously leaving the game in a state where it's just straight up over for the player after act 2, and act 3 cannot be played at all? Like honestly, no hate, I'm really asking. If I'm Sven, how can I go to sleep at night knowing that literally 1/3 of my game (and the BEST 1/3rd. in my opinion, assuming no game breaking bugs) is unplayable? Why not roll back the patch? This is seriously no hate, I'm honestly asking any of the devs or community managers to respond. Because honestly, the state of act 3 after patch 4 is embarrassing. Like go hide and never show your face again if you're a dev embarrassing. So what gives? At least let PS5 plebs like me roll back the patch until you figure out what the hell is going on. Because otherwise, you've just got a situation where the level of incompetence is predatory. I have now taken the extraordinary step of reporting the state of BG3 to Sony, in hope that it will get pulled from the PS Store like Cyberpunk did back in the day.

This shit is just wild. You've got potentially the greatest game ever made, where 1/3rd of it is unplayable for going on 1 month now. I encourage everyone reading this to report Larian to Sony, in hopes that Patch 4 can be rolled back so that we can actually...you know...play the game that we fucking paid for.

And to Sven and the team... I love you guys but like...seriously...no hate...from the bottom of my heart... get it the FUCK together. ROLL BACK the patch so we can actually play the fucking game.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I have a suspicion that even the moderators moved to somewhere else. I also think that he sleeps well and made a new blanket from 10k 100 euro paper money.

I don't have any problem with the way you describe the situation.
But at Patch 4 we still had the same issues so actually the hotfix just broke SteamDeck and Linux compablilty.
And another thing I suggest for your own safety tone down the vulgar aspect. Agan I kind a find it more expressive so I don't have any problems with that.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 25/11/23 08:41 AM.
J
J
Yeah, I agree. At the moment the game is trash, which is a shame, because there is so much potential. I have the nasty feeling the devs have just abandoned the game and moved on to the next, which will be long enough in development for everybody to forget about this desaster and start preordering again.

journeyman
journeyman
C A N T P L A Y T H E G A M E

F I X I T

journeyman
journeyman
For me personally, the worst part is the absolute radio silence from Larian Studios. What are they working on? Are they going to fix BG3? Have they already moved on to a different project?

addict
addict
It's not easy to admit that maybe bear sex is not what they should have focused on.

L
stranger
stranger
L
The game is not playable in Act 3 on the PS5 anymore. It's so depressing because I want to play so badly and see how it all ends!

N
stranger
stranger
N
I fear the silence is because all the save files are affected and there is not a rollback option for them

T
addict
addict
T
Well Maybe Many of Yu dont Know becouse didant Reach there or Did not Try after Beat the Game..
But act 3 is Unplayable not only on Ps5 its the Same on PC too..
Only People that Have Old Saves Before patch 4.0 can Run the Game in Act 3 now..
if yu Start a New Run.. yu will Run into this Same Problem.

i Just can Feel Sad for the People that will Waste there Cash in this Game now in the end of the Year..
Becouse dosent Matter what yu do.. yu Can not Cross the Bridge.. Some are managing to Make to the City..
but its 1 and 10 Players that actually Managed to do this.

(And just a Tip/Advice.. They did not Read anything we Post Here, they are only Looking into Stuff people post on Reddit, Twitter and Stuff like that.. Becouse Reach more People so they Run to Make the Stuff go away..)
Like they did with Karlach and Halsin Stuff that people were pissed off.. remember ?
they went out of the Way to Make a Change Super Fast.. But Game Braking Bugs and stuff like that.. Nah.. dosent worth the Trouble.

Last edited by Thorvic; 25/11/23 06:49 PM.
old hand
old hand
I agree with the original post. It’s understandable that they’d roll out a patch that might break other aspects of the game, since it’s a huge ambitious game. But I don’t understand why it has been left that way for a month and counting, without acknowledgement.

It’s really bad timing because many people are going to have time off over the holidays and might play the game for the first time…… Hopefully they’re just working hard to get the next patch right and that’s why it’s taking a while.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I am surprised this hasn't got more coverage considering how busted this game is, hell even when it works the load times and texture load are ridiculous on PS5, especially after playing something like spider man 2 which has virtually none of that

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Alithea
For me personally, the worst part is the absolute radio silence from Larian Studios. What are they working on? Are they going to fix BG3? Have they already moved on to a different project?

And this silence is super unusual. I was in EA like less than a month out (November of 2020), and have never had to wait so long for responses to bug reports (which I do and have submitted 3 or 4 just on this issue). Usually, they respond quickly. But so far...nothing. Not hearing from my favorite techs (Raze and Julian) is a little off-putting. Just so weird how quiet Larian has been on this. I am exceedingly disappointed with them (which I know, no big deal. Who am I, right? But still...).

Last edited by smd1967; 25/11/23 07:41 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Totally agree with OP here. I came back to this forum for this exact reason. Maybe their silence has to do with the recent GOTY nomination and how it might not be a good PR move to taint it by addressing the major issues? Just spitballing here. It would be very unprofessional if this was the case. I'm also hearing they're already working on the next game so they could be busy. I hope we get some kind of update tomorrow because this ain't it. I'm disappointed too.

Link Copied to Clipboard