Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Uomanrotyr
This is a really bad look, but I don't for a second believe anyone is going to write a story about it. We're talking about the same companies who praised Starfield for being Bethesda's least buggy launch, saying its virtually bug free and claiming there were no gamebreaking bugs. And yet almost all my family and friends ran into the same issues and gamebreaking bugs bc we tried to play it like a traditional Bethesda game rather than cycling into new game plus every 20-30hrs. If they did drop an article now about bugs in BG3 after failing to address the glaring bugs in other games it would look like they were actively trying to sabotage Larian's award chances. Like they are actively punching down on Larian to give the bigger, more financially secure studios a better chance to win awards that they really don't deserve even with what's going on atm.

I'd suggest publicly asking the studios faces about it on Twitter. Just because your grandparents go to the news every time the neighbors dog barks doesn't mean it's an effective way to get anything done. Especially in an era where the individual is just as capable of putting them on blast publicly as the media is. And you're more likely to get an actual answer when you're talking to someone who actually knows whats going on day to day rather than some support rep from India who can't answer any questions that aren't in the script they received.
Hmm, that is a rather cynical perspective... Good thing The Gamer has already reported on it and I hope other media outlets are soon to follow smile
Members of the Larian community team, the ones who do the announcing when a patch is released and the ones who are supposed to be in charge of "communicating", are on Twitter. Maybe someone here could give them a heads up. I don't have a Twitter account unfortunately.

R
R
They've already been informed on Twitter. There has been no response. They've been tweeting about BG3's awards and nominations instead.

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, their replies are full of people asking about this Act 3 bug and when it might be fixed. All they do is post asking people to vote for them in game awards and retweet fanart and cosplay. That's it. They've never once used their Twitter for quick reports on the status of major bugs like this.

journeyman
journeyman
Also, while they don't make any announcements about these bugs, they're at least actively testing the new patch. You can see each time they upload new branches to SteamDB:

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/?branch=release_patch4

veteran
veteran
Larian so far releases a mega patch after every 30 days, so Patch #5 is highly likely coming in the next 7 to 14 days and will most likely address the lag issue.

journeyman
journeyman
To be honest, I feel like these "mega patches" are part of the issue. Patch 4 apparently had over 1000 changes made to the game- both fixes to glitches and completely new additions. That has to have contributed to things breaking badly, with so many things being changed in one update. I wish they'd do smaller, more targeted patches.

Last edited by druidofthestars; 27/11/23 01:13 AM.
M
M
If they still feel the need to release a mega patch with a thousand changes every month then the game was clearly not ready to be released.
It cold be the case that they are terrible at prioritizing bugs. The critical lag issue should have been fixed very fast. It was something that worked fine before, it shouldn't be too hard to find the source of the problem. There is already an unofficial fix for PC done by a random fan. They have no excuse here.

journeyman
journeyman
I know Swen Vincke said they'd already moved to the next game project after BG3 released (I assume D:OS3), so I wonder just how small a crew is left to work on BG3. They should not have dramatically downsized the team working on it so soon into its release. I really hope they're re-allocating resources to give BG3 the continued attention it needs, but the slow speed to fix critical bugs doesn't give me hope.

Last edited by druidofthestars; 27/11/23 01:30 AM.
M
M
They are releasing patches and hotfixes with a lot of content at a rapid rate, so a bunch of (probably overworked) people are still focusing on BG3. There must be a flaw in their prioritization system. They have fixed a million tiny niche issues while there are massive bugs that ruin entire quests.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Oh this game was clearly not ready for release, could have probably used a good 6 more months for testing the later parts of it

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by druidofthestars
Also, while they don't make any announcements about these bugs, they're at least actively testing the new patch. You can see each time they upload new branches to SteamDB:

Bullshit

Larian does make special builds for people to play with different code... That's not the same as testing

Your customers download a patch, install it over their game and load up a save from that old build... Testing = you do whatever your users are expected to do and that's when blatantly obvious bugs show up before you release a patch instead of two mins after

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
apprentice
Also, while they don't make any announcements about these bugs, they're at least actively testing the new patch.
Yeah, sorry, but we don't know if this is true... Uploading a branch just means they're making preparations to release it. Based on the recent changes, I'm starting to doubt they're doing much testing at all.

Z
zg4real Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
I just saw the TheGamer article on the front page of the news feed when I opened up my browser. I know that is curated content based on my activity, but it still bodes well. Maybe that article happens without this thread, maybe not. But this thread has a good amount of views in a short time and I'm sure many people reported it using the links and emails we gathered, much more than actually commented in the thread. So I think it's making a difference. Let's keep it up.

I understand the cynical perspective of some people on here, I really do, and people saying that Sven and other higher ups are ignoring questions about this on social media is kinda confirming the sad reality I suspected that all the success went to their head. I've been playing Larian's games for years and they never acted like this. The communication was always stellar.

apprentice
apprentice
Larian is not a AAA company, right? And they only have around 400 employees? If they are already working on the next project, as Swen said, the amount of people working on BG3 would be even smaller. This is a little concerning, and rather questionable when BG3 is so... unpolished in Act 3.

I think the fame getting to them would be a safe bet. It's sad to see, honestly, because I'd hate to see them turn into yet another game company that won't give a damn about the players. If they had just put out some sort of update acknowledging this widespread problem, all would have been forgiven. At least in my book frown

Z
addict
addict
Z
https://www.dexerto.com/baldurs-gat...ain-patch-4-broke-its-final-act-2401423/

https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-act-3-broken-unplayable-bugs-patch-4/

I think it's working. I still think this is sad. All what they just needed to do is to give the option to roll back . And ppl could wait for a real fix. I really tryed to give them this feedback, but I got so manny attacks I just gived up and moved on.

I am sad because I wanted them to have the success but they actually ruined for them self without any real reason.
For what?? Dye hair shave cat new romance animations. And they ignored the things that matters really. Gameplay!!!

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 27/11/23 12:55 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ussnorway

Bullshit

Larian does make special builds for people to play with different code... That's not the same as testing

Your customers download a patch, install it over their game and load up a save from that old build... Testing = you do whatever your users are expected to do and that's when blatantly obvious bugs show up before you release a patch instead of two mins after

You don't have to respond to my post so aggressively, and I'm unsure why you're responding to my post like I'm an employee of Larian. All I did was post a link showing branches on SteamDB are getting updated, which shows Patch 5 is being worked on, and that I hope it means they have been testing to fix the Act 3 issues and it will be released soon.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Just add more sex to the game to make everyone happy.

M
M
I'm not gonna bother with any new Larian game. I only gave this one a chance because BG2 is my top favorite game, and the reviews were extremely positive. Did not expect this amount of bugs and lack of polish. To be frank, under the very nice presentation lies a game that feels even more outdated than the previous installments of the series.
The last 10 years of gaming have been a repeating cycle of hype and disappointment.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I am sad because I wanted them to have the success but they actually ruined for them self without any real reason.
For what?? Dye hair shave cat new romance animations. And they ignored the things that matters really. Gameplay!!!
Oh you think this will ruin them? I don’t think it has gotten to that point yet, haha. These articles fail to highlight the real problem… they’re not communicating. They still have their success. Once they fix this and after they likely win GOTY, this will all just blow over.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Myth1799
Just add more sex to the game to make everyone happy.
Well ppl threat Larian studios after BG3 like Homelander.
But with that threat they changed. I think I can stay that because I played almost all of they games from divine divinity beyond divinity til today. This is the first time they do something like this.
And we all know as mighty and strong famus is Homelander he has issues.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 27/11/23 10:22 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard