Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jankrat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
My Shadowheart troubles began after completing the Gauntlet of Shar. I finished the Gauntlet without going to camp, from start to finish. I never spoke with Shadowheart about the gauntlet, and she never spoke to me. Immediately after completing the gauntlet, however, Shadowheart approached me out of nowhere. She told me that I knew how important the gauntlet was to her, and that I'd done it without her anyway - despite us having never talked about it at all. She quit the party, without so much as a conversation check to keep her. I didn't use Shadowheart, or like the character, so I let it go. Let her go.

Then, during Act III, I found my way to the House of Grief. I walked in to Viconia's trap, and passed a conversation 25 check in order to convince her to help me fight the Absolute, instead of trying to kill me. After, she asked about Shadowheart. She effectively said she knew Shadowheart had been with my party, but was there no longer, and she wanted to know what had happened. The only conversation option available was to say that Shadowheart was dead. Not gone; dead. I then had to pass a 30 check to keep Vic on my side in the coming fight.

Viconia never brought up the Hallowleaf couple strung up in the back room. I was given no opportunity to free them, even after passing both checks to keep Vic friendly, and any creative methods I tried for freeing them resulted in the couples' instant death. Upon returning to my camp, and speaking with my other companions, my companions all spoke as though we had surrendered Shadowheart to Viconia willingly. I'm slightly worried about how this will affect my ending and epilogue, but there's not a lot I can do about it now.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jankrat; 02/12/23 10:20 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Sounds like you got screwed by Shar.

Not had this happen but I would think end-game would be okay. What happened with Aylin?

Jankrat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hah, pretty much. She clearly felt I sent the wrong champion.

Everything with Aylin went as normal, I believe, and thankfully this is the only sign of problems so far (from that area). I think it's just another one of those signs that Act III is a little undercooked, like how killing Gortash first chance you get creates some small story/sidequest snarls. I've had a messy Act III lol

Link Copied to Clipboard