Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
stranger
stranger
C
Her interest in Halsin still comes out of the blue though, whether it includes the player or not. Like she barely acknowledges his existence in act 1 and hates him in act 2, so it doesn't make any sense.

And as I said before, there isn't anything to indicate SH is anything but monogamous in acts 1 and 2, in her relationship with the player. So when I jokingly brought her to the drow twins, I expected her to either laugh it off as the joke it was, or to react the way Lae'zel does. SH becomes someone I don't recognize in act 3, based on her characterization in the first 2 acts.

I myself am polyamorous, so I definitely wouldn't have minded if they made her a poly option. Though I'm talking actual polyamory - not a damn orgy lol - and with options for ppl of all sexualities.

The way they go about everything is very immature though. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not the target audience. I'm in my mid thirties, but it's clear this is meant for like the sex obssessed 18 19, early twenties, kinda like American Pie. Then there's the older lonely ppl who are either incels or in unhappy marriages, that have nothing exciting in their lives. Maybe if I were lonely or still in my early twenties I would relate to this game more, but it ain't for me.

veteran
veteran
So this topic is back.

The original post is pure bait - made by a new account, contains barely disguised anti trans messages at time when fans of the game have made it abundantly clear they reject transphobia.

Everything that could be said on this topic has been said. I have no opinions on Halsin since I never really talked to him but I have seen the scene in question on youtube and the disapproval should *not* be removed. Think about what Tav is doing: Tav has announced that their relationship is open one and that they would like start that new phase of the relationship by hiring some sex workers.

Shadowheart responds to this surprise announcement essentially saying "oh, you have fantasizing about having sex with drow twins? That's fine with me. I've been been fantasizing about weight lifting elves with commitment issues"

So if Tav says "no huge elves" then Tav is saying: you, Shadowheart, will accept my desires but I will not accept yours. You will do things the way I want but I will accede to your desires"

A mild tick down the approval meter seems like a generous response.

If you don't want to see this content don't start a relationship and then declare your intention to hire sex workers.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Cheerio
The way they go about everything is very immature though. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not the target audience. I'm in my mid thirties, but it's clear this is meant for like the sex obssessed 18 19, early twenties, kinda like American Pie. Then there's the older lonely ppl who are either incels or in unhappy marriages, that have nothing exciting in their lives. Maybe if I were lonely or still in my early twenties I would relate to this game more, but it ain't for me.

Hey, American Pie is at least funny. This is just pure messy. I would say that we shouldn't have expected something on the level of classic Bioware from them, but the romance was heavily advertised as being "complex". I guess what they meant was the relationship status: "It's complicated" LMAO

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 07/12/23 05:00 AM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
So this topic is back.

The original post is pure bait - made by a new account, contains barely disguised anti trans messages at time when fans of the game have made it abundantly clear they reject transphobia.

Everything that could be said on this topic has been said. I have no opinions on Halsin since I never really talked to him but I have seen the scene in question on youtube and the disapproval should *not* be removed. Think about what Tav is doing: Tav has announced that their relationship is open one and that they would like start that new phase of the relationship by hiring some sex workers.

Shadowheart responds to this surprise announcement essentially saying "oh, you have fantasizing about having sex with drow twins? That's fine with me. I've been been fantasizing about weight lifting elves with commitment issues"

So if Tav says "no huge elves" then Tav is saying: you, Shadowheart, will accept my desires but I will not accept yours. You will do things the way I want but I will accede to your desires"

If you don't want to see this content don't start a relationship and then declare your intention to hire sex workers.
Thank you sir! Now by comparing this to Gale responses I know that you actually have an open relationship with Gale with persuasion roll! And he even approves and wants huge elves too, because he approves to include Halsin!

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Netav
So this topic is back.

Thank you sir! Now by comparing this to Gale responses I know that you actually have an open relationship with Gale with persuasion roll! And he even approves and wants huge elves too, because he approves to include Halsin!
Poor Gale, the writing team and some Tavs shit on him constantly.

veteran
veteran

Well don't you? It's exploitive relationship, one in which Tav uses Gale as but of jokes but you were able use your silver tongue to make Gale agree.

As I saw the youtube he isn't happy about it all - no love of elves or the rest of situation, really.

While it was mean spirited I did laugh at the Gale is bad at sex jokes - Gale annoyed me so much in EA

N
addict
addict
N

Well don't you? It's exploitive relationship, one in which Tav uses Gale as but of jokes but you were able use your silver tongue to make Gale agree.

As I saw the youtube he isn't happy about it all - no love of elves or the rest of situation, really.

While it was mean spirited I did laugh at the Gale is bad at sex jokes - Gale annoyed me so much in EA
But he approves to include Halsin, so he must be loving this:)

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E

But he approves to include Halsin, so he must be loving this:)
I saw the discord feedback about this and they're right. Bro literally bends reality for you and then ends up being called boring

C
stranger
stranger
C
It's not about actually hiring sex workers, but being curious how your partner reacts to the suggestion. Shadowheart does not react to it the way I was expecting. As I said, I expected her to react the way Lae'zel does, which is a hard no. So her reacting differently wasted numerous hours/days of my time and frankly ruined the game for me. If Larian had at least given some hints in act 1 that SH would be promiscuous like this then I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I don't do promiscuous anymore like I used to when I was younger. Maybe I would like the brothel scenes if there was a lesbian option and I was still in my early twenties, but I'm just too old for this. Its a shame too because the actual romance in the game was lovely, including the sex scenes tied to them. Had they left it that, with emotional intimacy as the primary focus, then it would have been a much more mature game. Unfortunately Larian had to go ruin it in order to capture the attention of the younger crowd. But it is what it is.

T
addict
addict
T
Well Till this Day i only think one thing about all this Stuff..
Its only Ok if yu indeed have a Relationship with both of then..
If Not its really Creepy as hell.

Just stop to think in real life a dude that its barelly your friend come to yu and say something like that.. Really Weird as hell..
he has nothing with yu and your partner and come and say something like that out of the Blue ?! when yu even refuse hin Before more then 1 time ?!
(its the kinda of person i really dont want to even come close.)

and Btw.. in my games when i talk to then i already know what they are there fore but i do it like a reward from fiding the Dwarf dead lady..
when i talk to then and get to the point when stuff will happen i always get a different reaction from shadow that i really liked a lot more and actually feels a lot correct for her Character..
so i Never went Back on then and never had anything..

i find out about this Halsin disgusting stuff on the Internet youtube btw..
and i really start to look different for the character becouse of that..
I never really liked hin especially becouse of the Bear thing in the promotion i really did not like hin from the start..
But Now.. jesus i cant even talk to hin or tolerate hin.. i always let hin die in the goblin Camp just to save only the Thieflings..
or i left hin in act 2 just to never look at hin again.
(and yu may think im over reacting and all.. but no joke im not the only one that start to feel this way with this character becouse of this Bad Line Larian put in the Game.)

Like i Said many Times Before..
ITS only Ok if yu indeed Romance Both if Not.
its disgusting and extremely Creepy

Last edited by Thorvic; 08/12/23 12:08 AM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
Shadowheart Orgy Dialogue W/O Halsin
"You want to try this? Sure, why not."

Shadowheart Orgy Dialogue With Halsin
"You want to try this? Sure, why not."

Could've just done her dialogue like this and remove the disapproval, then I legit wouldn't have an issue at all.

Just coming back to say that this is probably the most simple solution for the whole thing. I don't like the orgy existing at all, but at least this way everybody gets what they want.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Banelord
I'm sure it's been addressed already, but the writer did a horrendous job of applying forethought into the matter. In case it hasn't been brought up, several factors inevitably lead up to a nasty surprise at the brothel.

[spoiler]
Shadowheart says she is alright with an orgy at the brothel and has been fantasizing about Halsin, while you have been in a relationship. The argument that you can avoid this scenario by not going to see the drow twins in the first place is idiotic because every GOOD roleplaying gamer is going to explore every feasible possibility and see if there are any other rewards available from them besides sex. Shadowheart is of course going to be in my party because I never remove my romantic partner. And as far as Halsin is concerned, his character was introduced late, so he was in the party because I was trying develop his approval.

This lead to a situation where I ended up seeing a dialog that I am unable to UN-see. Now Shadowheart will always be guilty of fantasizing about Halsin while being in a relationship with me, regarldless of whether or not I reload to a save prior to entering the brothel.

I almost rage quit this game, and that would have been a shame because it does justice to Bioware's releases in every which way and is a phenomenal game in its own right as well. To your writer's credit, I discovered after breaking up with Shadowheart that she laments my loss and says she will likely never find another person like me again. This was just enough to get me to forgive her and go back to playing, after I gratuitously killed the bisexual bear mascot a few dozen times.

I've tolerated
the male characters incessantly hitting on my male PC one after another. I've tolerated Halsin's constant ogling. I've tolerated the hot chick you made me create as my "protector" at the start of the game turning out to be male and going through its "transition" into the Emperor, after I gave him a hug.
This is the world we live in, and we have to learn to tolerate and laugh. But in the case of this particular dialog, your writer has crossed the threshold of depravity. Whether homosexual or heterosexual, partners expect fidelity from one another. If you will not rectify the matter because the final version has been released, make the toolset available and I'm sure modders will be delighted correct the issue for you.
[/spoiler]

While I agree with almost everything, I have also accepted that in this game most companions have some kind of sexual issues. And I've just tried to avoid them (both such companions and their issues). Shadowheart, unfortunately, is one of them, because of how she was raised. Though I know she is harder to avoid because you wouldn't know about this till the Lower City.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Whenever I see online discussion about bg3 characters 90% of the time it's about romance, romance and romance. And that bugs me. So I think it's hilarious to watch the game troll the Shadowheart simps like that.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Dwapking
Whenever I see online discussion about bg3 characters 90% of the time it's about romance, romance and romance. And that bugs me. So I think it's hilarious to watch the game troll the Shadowheart simps like that.
People like romances. People(overwhelming majority anyway) dislike some "interesting" interactions like Shadowbae has at Sharess' caress. Seems logical.

A
old hand
old hand
A

The romances are lovely and in some cases part of the characters' story arcs, in which troubles are overcome by connecting with another person. This here isn't about the romance of it all but about a brothel scene.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
This thread is about someone who walked into a thirst trap and got burned by it.

If you are RP'ing a character that wants to live happily ever after with Shadowheart, how do you justify hiring prostitutes right in front of her face? You have to initiate this as the player. She just rolls with it and takes some initiative herself. And getting upset by that is hypocritical, since you are the one that opened Pandora's box on the matter. Maybe you were hoping for a different reaction? But if you play with fire you risk getting burnt.

If you're only disappointed because you read about this on the internet. Don't be. You dictate your own canon in this game. And this is only canon if you act like a thirsty degenerate in a brothel.

N
addict
addict
N
This thread is about someone who walked into a thirst trap and got burned by it.

If you are RP'ing a character that wants to live happily ever after with Shadowheart, how do you justify hiring prostitutes right in front of her face? You have to initiate this as the player. She just rolls with it and takes some initiative herself. And getting upset by that is hypocritical, since you are the one that opened Pandora's box on the matter. Maybe you were hoping for a different reaction? But if you play with fire you risk getting burnt.

If you're only disappointed because you read about this on the internet. Don't be. You dictate your own canon in this game. And this is only canon if you act like a thirsty degenerate in a brothel.
You are right for the most part. But as you said, some learned that on yt(me included). Also some test reactions with f5/f8. Anyway if you want to take route "don't talk to drow prostitutes and she won't ever talk about it", you can easily fall down into "why the hell Halsin suggest to join there at the first place". You can reject his poly/intimacy proposal earlier by "If I wanted to have fun with stupid mountain of muscles, I would've seduced a deep rothe"(or something along this lines, indicating that you don't want any intimacy with him), but he still proposes himself there.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D

You are right for the most part. But as you said, some learned that on yt(me included). Also some test reactions with f5/f8. Anyway if you want to take route "don't talk to drow prostitutes and she won't ever talk about it", you can easily fall down into "why the hell Halsin suggest to join there at the first place". You can reject his poly/intimacy proposal earlier by "If I wanted to have fun with stupid mountain of muscles, I would've seduced a deep rothe"(or something along this lines, indicating that you don't want any intimacy with him), but he still proposes himself there.

You do not need to avoid the drows, just don't hire them and this won't come up. And you're right about Halsin being a sex pest unfortunately. But that's beyond the scope of this thread.

A
old hand
old hand
A
I only took issue with throwing the thing together with the other romance content. Probably even the Emperor trying to draw you in with a pretend romance because it knows that people like romances is more of a romance than some of the other Act3 kink content.

N
addict
addict
N
You do not need to avoid the drows, just don't hire them and this won't come up. And you're right about Halsin being a sex pest unfortunately. But that's beyond the scope of this thread.
Sure. But 1 way or another this thing should be changed anyway imo. 1 way is just to make Halsin less of a sex pest. 2 way, if they insist on him being a sex pest, at least remove disapproval(it's a mess anyway, Astarion/Gale/SH approval/disapproval triggers there)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard