J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Patch 6

J
J
X-Mas Wishlist:

Bring back some of the grittiness of EA e.g. Daisy, tadpole consequences, game felt more mature and dark

Major overhaul for Wyll and Halsin, I never use those, they have no place in my party. Halsin is available way to late, you get Jaheira earlier, two druids are overlapping a bit.

Major overhaul of act 3 so that it better connects to act 2 and kinda keeps up the pressure. The game should "close down" and not "open up". Also some things are pretty stupid, like Gortash spilling his plan in front of literally everyone.

Party limit of 5, especially in act 3 I constantly hop in and out of camp to change the party based on dialogues.

Redesign combat encounters to be more challenging. Most of the time you don't need things like crowd control, healing and so on because the enemies act stupid and everything dies really fast. Great encounters are for example the fight at Moonrise Towers, I really like the challenge. Honour Mode doesn't do it for me, I'm not a fan of the restrictions at saving, but I'll give it a try.

Rethink experience curve and itemization. You gain levels and power really fast, maxing out way before the end of the game is not really satisfying. At the same point of time, introduce more gear designed for specific builds. Currently I just stack everything on my paladin that provides extra damage and it is devastating, but that is not what I would call a "good paladin build".

Rework sound level, after patch 5 I need to crank up the the amp like crazy again.

Introduce one new companion who is not over the top and a bigger thread to Faerun than the main villain. Someone who is just there for bashing some skulls and drink a beer and campfire. A happy go lucky guy just enjoying the ride, maybe a dwarf as they are criminally underused anyway.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mizukun
The ability to recruit Halsin in act 1.

Oh, and his missing voicelines. Why is he still silent, Larian??
It’s strange his barks are still missing! I wonder if they didn’t record them all for some reason? They said they would fix them, though, so hopefully soon!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jones76
Bring back some of the grittiness of EA e.g. Daisy, tadpole consequences, game felt more mature and dark

This. EA had that kinda ominous feeling and I was so looking forward to playing a full game with it.

Decoration, not just in the camp and new clothes, glitter, lights and neon! smile Maybe some appropriate new dialogue from the MC or so.

There will hardly be anything new for the game after all the farewells, but for celebrations like in DbD, for example, that would be nice.

Last edited by EdaLee; 06/12/23 08:00 PM. Reason: Edit
veteran
veteran
Combat gameplay needs to change in a future patch. In all difficulty settings, or one.

It's just too easy and dumbed down, and I don't think a sudden death mode with stat bloated enemies is a good answer. After playing Solasta, it's evident that a more hardcore tabletop 5e style play makes a D&D CRPG more interesting, tactical and fun. I objectively don't like 90% of the changes Larian have made to 5e rules, and I have no ruleset preference or "tabletop bias" because I haven't even played it. At this point I would just ask them to offer a true 5e mode whether they think D&D is boring or not.

Last edited by 1varangian; 06/12/23 10:05 PM.
Jankrat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by EdaLee
Decoration, not just in the camp and new clothes, glitter, lights and neon! smile

I'm super with this. I've spent a lot of time decorating, dressing, dyeing, etc, and there are some things I would love, basically constituting a creative overhaul. Some examples are: The ability to bring co-op partners to your camp, more varied light sources for my camp (I've had to cheat with glowing objects and equipment), the ability to place paintings on walls (I have so many awesome paintings in storage), the ability to manipulate objects on both the x and y axis, DYE PREVIEWS, the ability to stack more objects manually (instead of having to drop them one by one and stack at random), etc.

My biggest single wish in that department would have to be the ability to save a camp blueprint, one that remembers all my item placements and that will allow me to reset my camp (pulling the items from my stash) whenever I need. Be a big help for accidentally resetting my entire camp because I had to travel back an area, or go to the Underdark.

stranger
stranger
Let us hug Shadowheart during her desperate moments in the story, especially when romanced. New kiss animations for companions are mentioned in the Patch notes so hopefully we get that as well. My other wishes are spoiler heavy so I don't mention those here.

Then I can finally rest and watch the sunrise on grateful universe.

"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?"
To explain it better, glitter clothing, shimmery clothing, gold, silver, red, whatever.
Let the camp light up in different bright colors/neon lights, there are so many beautiful decorative items. It would be so beautiful, so magical.
In DA2 there were always these caves, when you looked up at the ceiling you could see it glittering so beautifully, like a starry sky. smile
We would always love to go to camp and see our MC with the nice clothes. smile

T
addict
addict
T
Well the Costumes stuff its already in the Game but in the Prologue..
Like the New Kiss, Hug animation
a Bunch of people are asking for this but its already in the Game..
Just Beat the Game and Get to the New ending and Go Nuts..

Theres a Stash Full of costumes in the Party for yu to have some Fun.
(theres other Surprises in the Party that i will not Tell becouse i dont want to Ruin the experience for yu.. so Just Beat the Game and get there asap..)

Last edited by Thorvic; 07/12/23 05:11 AM.
Photo/Camera mode.

old hand
old hand
Epilogue spoilers

Aaagghhh they already have hug animations and voiced lines in the epilogue, please add at-will hugs soon!

old hand
old hand
CONTAINERS! I really want to manage my inventory.

Unique containers - For important items. Marked unique as well, so you don't accidentally sell them. Like that time I sold my Pixie Bell somewhere. I was not amused.
Just a named bag [for the races, like with underwear?] just to manage companions inventory with.

Ammo Belt - For storing arrows and throwables, obviously. Should work the same as the containers we have now.
Scroll Case - Same, but for scrolls
Potion Case - Same, but for potions and poisons.
Wares Crate - That automatically stores stuff that is 'added to wares'

Bags of Holding - that decreases or negates the weight in the bag. Make it expensive, it;'s fine, it's for us hoarders anyway.

And if that is too much hassle, just go:

Red backpack, blue backpack and so forth.
Give me the ability to 'mark as important' so I don't sell them.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
Jankrat Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by rodeolifant

Unique containers - For important items. Marked unique as well, so you don't accidentally sell them. Like that time I sold my Pixie Bell somewhere. I was not amused.
Just a named bag [for the races, like with underwear?] just to manage companions inventory with.

Ammo Belt - For storing arrows and throwables, obviously. Should work the same as the containers we have now.

Bags of Holding - that decreases or negates the weight in the bag. Make it expensive, it;'s fine, it's for us hoarders anyway.

And if that is too much hassle, just go:

Red backpack, blue backpack and so forth.
Give me the ability to 'mark as important' so I don't sell them.

This is another one that's important to me, for sure. #1 would be the ability to lock inventory items so that I don't accidentally sell or destroy them. I too miss my pixie bell.

I'm also with you that we could use more designated bags, but I'd go an extra step and ask that we be able to designate bags to specific item categories ourselves, and then to be able to rename those as well ofc.

T
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
T

Technically, you can do this now. It simply misses the functionality of having any newly picked up items going into the containers even if there's a stack of that item in there... You have to keep manually organizing everything you pick up.

I typically only bother with unique items these days because of it. Putting my Shovel and Pixie Bell into a sack so they're not in my shop UI and can't be accidentally sold. Same with any magical items I want to have on hand (Like Periapt of Wound Closure, Mystra's Grace, Smuggler's Ring) put them in a sack and they're out of the way in the shop UI.

Technically, we did used to have something like that. But it got nerfed because it allowed everyone to run around with 100 barrels of explosives.

The Chest of the Mundane in the Arcane Tower used to only weight 20kg and since anything put inside it transforms into random trinkets weighing between 0.01kg and 0.5kg this made picking up a million 60kg barrels was no problem even for 8 Str characters (I used to get around the slight confusion aspect of not knowing exactly what items were by organizing it with Crates. Crate 1 had Firewine barrels, Crate 2 had Oil barrels, Crate 3 had Smokepowder barrels etc)

The chest now weighs 100kg so you need 24 Str to pick it up and it will take up a considerable amount of a characters carryweight on its own. But it still allows a high strength character to become a mule that carries TONS of heavy stuff shrunk down into tiny trinket sized form (Of course, manual organization is even more important so you can actually find specific items inside it)

apprentice
apprentice
NewGame+ and Transmog are by far the things I want most, so much so that I'm starting to resent the game for not having them lol.

Pallys picking a deity would be cool.
Crossplatform would also be neat.

There's also some class changes I fantasize about even though I know they'll never happens;
Like War Caster on Eldritch Knights adding their Str/Dex 2x to their cantrips, or Weapon Bond acting like pact weapon...

but mostly just NewGame+ and Transmog

veteran
veteran
More of the same!

But if we can Xmas list it something like...

A camera unlock for pitch and elevation (mostly for exploration but also for targeting in combat) Y Axis inversion for controller/console.

More character creation stuff for the custom Tav and hirelings, basically whatever is still missing there. More faces and voices and animations, that sort of thing.

More recruitment possibilities from among the various existing NPCs we meet along the way.

A way to expand the hotbar horizontally instead of just vertically, or to rearrange and then lock the UI elements. Right now the whole UI really favors dragging. Like if you enjoy click/hold drag it's a dream come true I guess, but that also makes my index finger pretty sore after a while. I just want the insert/interact and inventory screens to remember where I put them unless I move 'em manually or reset to a default position for the various windows. That would be helpful.

A mode for a six person party, even if it means fewer summons or followers or a different form of Camp, but like with xp scaling. Then I think we could play this one forever heheh.

Oh also...

New forums?

It'd be cool to have a place specifically for BG3, maybe that also has a gallery that can use webp images? Like that would be cool, even if it was at 720p or something. I like the socials, but also it's like, when everything is all aggregated together I kinda miss having it be just all about the one game, instead of every game I own on whatever platform all competing for my attention at once. Just like a BG3 vault, where the focus is exclusively BG.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I just want multiselect on PS5 to go back to how it was in patch 3. So many of us have asked for it, but with the Xbox release it’s becoming increasingly unlikely they’ll fix it, as it’s what Xbox players will be used to. But I miss playing, and the change to multiselect just kind killed it for me and many others.

Also multiplayer. I’d love to see either all players being able to communicate with origin party members, or each player being able to bring along a Buddy like we have in the Nautiloid. It’d make romance in multiplayer achievable for all players, and it’d mean getting to experience the story’s with friends.

J
J
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
More of the same!
A camera unlock for pitch and elevation (mostly for exploration but also for targeting in combat) Y Axis inversion for controller/console.

Just use the native camera tweaks mod, works perfect. Can't imagine the game playing without it.

journeyman
journeyman
Weeding out the (few) inconsistent dialogues. Sometimes the text doesn’t completely fit.

In the intro: better hint to look in the other room for the rune to free Shadowheart with.

Act 3 with a bit more guidance. I googled for tutorials three times because I was stuck
i.e. because of an essential button hiding behind a picture that I had simply missed

Having the chosen romance be present more often in Act 3. For example some more in-camp scenes — or just comments in camp that show progression of the romance. Maybe some interactions in the city.
For Lae’zel there is the great line where she asks for more soft intimacy, but nothing follows this later on (state from before patch 5, after patch 5 I was long past that).

And after all these smaller wishes:
Riding a dragon with Lae’zel and burning away Vlaakith’s minions after the final fight.

Last edited by ArneBab; 09/12/23 10:26 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard