Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Mayrina's brother Johl is not spawning where he should be after him and his brother running off.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

stranger
stranger
I have this exact same issue, and it's not my first playthrough with this bug. How can I fix it so I can speak to Johl's corpse that has disappeared?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Unfortunately there is no fix, this bug started occurring more commonly around Update #5 (November 2023) and hasn't been fixed since.

Some other people observed that him not spawning may be tied to his pathfinding once the conversation with Ethel is over, so as a workaround they recommend triggering the cutscene by teleporting to Johl's left side so he can properly despawn offscreen. But I personally cannot confirm whether that works or not.

Community Manager
Online Happy
Community Manager
Hello and thank you for reporting this. Can confirm the team is aware and looking into this issue.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Has this been looked at? There are several "workaround" solutions that involve reloading save files, but in my current Honor Mode playthrough, this is impossible, and it really stinks to be cheated of the dialog options this provides when dealing with Ethel.

(In other words, it has affected me, and there is zero that I can do to fix it.)

Last edited by Quantum Cat; 07/07/24 06:16 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard