Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Why yes Mr Emperor, thank you for noticing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. . .

A shame I can't say the same about HER!

All jokes aside about her lack of romantic content, Valentine's is just about three weeks away so whatever Larian has been cooking regarding companions I hope it addresses Minthara finally.

Because if she does not get fleshed out with their upcoming companion content update, then it is safe to say she will probably not get fleshed out until the Definitive Edition which could be at minimum a whole year away.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
I read through some of Minthara's Consulting firm feedback on discord earlier today while waiting for the boards to come back to life.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

https://discord.com/channels/98922182746329088/1198632096193855498

Nice work there! hahah

Also I just keep thinking back to when they changed her eyeshadow to white and gave her the pixie trim and the goofy ringmail. Various wounds, mostly grievous, and then like what, maybe 3-6 months before we finally got to see her Armor? No one is more patient. But her safety color there is still missmatched (as noted in one of the feedback volumes over there as well) cause she still has her clerical blue for the boots, instead of the black/violet/brass tones she's been repping with the Spidersilk.

OG Minthara had the Chain on and rocked blue as her safety color. She also presented like a War Cleric as the temp follower at first, before Paladin was added (probably why peeps figured Karlach would be the Paladin initially I guess) but anyway, she still needs the boots to match her new look since the overhaul back in 21.

I'd say nobody puts Baby in a corner, but then this is where she gets to hang at the Elfsong tavern if you go the knockout route... lol

Like half the time she has to pretend to be a potted plant while she prays?

Least in Rivington she's foregrounded...

I mean you can't tell me that pile of skulls by the tent isn't meant for Minthara! ↑ hehe

Oh, my. Someone stumbled upon one of my Discord feedback threads.

Didn't make those, but some are made by my pal. I'm more of a 2D drawing kind of guy xD

#JusticeForMinthara
Ninii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
It's not the banter.

After you get Minthara out of Moonrise, you can talk to her in camp about how
the Absolute controlled her and how she wants revenge, she even says they broke her mind. And I'm standing there as Astarion, screaming internally at the lack of any kind of "I can relate" response.
Originally Posted by Ametris
I'm going to do it too. I'm trying to make all the choices I think Astarion would make, remembering his comments, suggestions, approvals and disapprovals from my Tav playthrough and vids. I found his and Lae'zel's banter about obliterating the grove after visiting it for the first time rather funny. That is sad to hear that there are no special lines. frown

The choice to convince Halsin is something I'd like to have for other playthroughs.

You guys did not just come on here to cry about Astarion lack of content when he has 10 times the content everyone else in this goddamn game has. Begone.

Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Hahahaha I can't believe this...

ZERO romantic dialogues and reactions throughout the entirety of ACTs 2 and 3, other than the pitiful "Can I Kiss You?" option with a placeholder kissing animation while she acts as if we aren't even romantically involved. And then at the VERY END of ACT 3 when the whole world goes to tsk'va she suddenly has all sorts of lines where she's romantic as hell. Calling us love, being caring, inspirational, urging us to seize opportunity and not fall into doubt.

The very best of her character and her inner heart is quite literally shown only during the very end of the act while the whole world is falling apart. Omg... where was all this for the last 60 hours I've been playing!

It's like someone flipped her switch out of nowhere and realized she has a soul mate next to her. Unfortunately I never got any of her supposedly unique elvish love scenes either, so got no clue what's up with that those. Maybe it's an epilogue thingy.

Thank you, I felt this same way! Also I'm romancing her again rn in an mp run with my friend who plays durge, while I'm tav, and the difference between her lines unromanced and romanced is absolutely minimal it's laughable, she has the same lines and story related reactions whether she's romanced or not, it's such a joke. Larian wake up, wake up Larian

Ninii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
You probably missed a lot of stuff that was supposed to trigger but didn’t. There’s no way her voice actor didn’t record any romantic dialogue for Acts 2 and 3. Crazy how badly it’s bugged. It must be incredibly frustrating, given that I’m frustrated by even small bugs with my girl Shadowheart. Folks on this thread are right, this is straight-up unacceptable.

There was not even the option to romance Minthara when I recruited her on the good path. It was all very weird.

idk if this was addressing my original post but let me answer: I didn't miss dialogues for sure, I went digging deep into datamined contents, spoke to several people to contrast and compare notes and lines and whatnot, it's not there. Her romance is not even the minimum of everyone else's romance, even Halsin has more romantic content than her. However, if you don't believe me or the other people here, I encourage you to romance her and see for yourself! Especially if you romanced Shadowheart before I think you'll find the comparison of romance content.. noteworthy, to put it mildly smile

apprentice
apprentice
Please give her a tent, stop living with a druid!
but thanks for opportunity "good" invite her

enthusiast
enthusiast
Minthara still being broken is the main thing that stops me continuing replaying
She needs to be fixed and brought to parity

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
S
S
I have replayed act two with my DU, and recruited Minthara again. Didn't get the low approval bug, where you have to bribe her first, so perhaps they have at least patched that.

So I started a new playthrough after months of not playing, decided this time to play evil...ish character, at least for act 1 because I want Minthara legitimate way and I hate Halsin with passion. And to my dissapointement, I read that Minthara is still bugged and unfinished...? So many months after the game's premiere?
Does Larian even care about their female characters? Because so far I've seen fixes only for males. Hell, even Shadowheart who has slightly more romance related content than Minthara still has issues in her romance and I don't see any fixes for her on the horizon. But here we are with Minthara who's got the shortest end of the stick in the game, received only a small bunch of fixes to be forgotten again.

Damn, Larian, maybe wake up? Lesbians exist and we want some content and for female romances, too.

veteran
veteran
Minthara is the total unsung hero of BG3 in my view. It was Lae'zel who grabbed me initially, and Shadowheart of course when we hit the beach sure, but Minthara was the one who made me want to participate in EA if I'm honest.

She was the boldest maneuver of all!

She made me excited to see what would happen if we ever did get to Moonrise Towers.

She had the best pitch ever for a trip back to Menzoberranzan too!

If Minthara isn't on the banner art and all polished up for the definitive release I'll be pretty disappointed.

Also check this out... Damn! No surprise there that the Minthara art would be gloriously next level!!!!!

https://twitter.com/emma_chorussea/status/1755195121816011108/photo/1

Last edited by Black_Elk; 09/02/24 03:31 AM.
So Minthara on my evil playthrough is pretty much broken. I can't tell her about my Durge or anything related to "personal matters", these dialogues don't exist. But my friend that plays "good Durge", recruited her via knock out and has dialogues with her about Urges and any other dialogues that are unavailable to me.

How is this even possible at this point? Larian doesn't test their own game?

veteran
veteran
I had that issue too.

Don't know what causes it at all, but from the two evil Durge playthroughs I've done recently (both on the same patch), only the first one couldn't talk to Minthara about the urges for some reason despite both legitimately recruiting her.

This is weird. Were you doing things differently somehow in each of those two Durge playthroughs or all was the same?

veteran
veteran
Yeah there were some very minor differences, but nothing that should theoretically make an impact on Minthara.

• I killed everyone at the Goblin Camp after sending her out to raid the Grove (in the 1st playthrough they just peacefully packed up and left after the raid).
  • And in ACT 2 I unintentionally "accepted" to kill Isobel for Sceleritas Fel which made me entirely miss the scene where we get tied up by our companions (did get it in the 1st playthrough).

The rest of the playthrough was pretty much an exact replica.

I see, in my case I didn't kill any goblins and refused to kill Isobel for Sceleritas. So, these things definitely aren't at fault here.

Originally Posted by ValkyrieN7
So Minthara on my evil playthrough is pretty much broken. I can't tell her about my Durge or anything related to "personal matters", these dialogues don't exist. But my friend that plays "good Durge", recruited her via knock out and has dialogues with her about Urges and any other dialogues that are unavailable to me.

How is this even possible at this point? Larian doesn't test their own game?
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
I had that issue too.

Don't know what causes it at all, but from the two evil Durge playthroughs I've done recently (both on the same patch), only the first one couldn't talk to Minthara about the urges for some reason despite both legitimately recruiting her.

Hey guys, I had this issue too and I recently reported it to Larian. I did some testing and I'm almost 100% sure I found the root cause last night.
The dialogue about the urges with Minthara disappear because of the Sceleritas scene, and I think this is definitely a bug - because it doesn't make much sense otherwise.
To be able to access this dialogue, you have to rescue Minthara from Moonrise before you get the scene with Sceleritas.

If you have some time, give this thread a read. I provided the details there.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
Ninii Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
who wants to bet patch 6 has no new Minthara content, they just added a new kiss to her, that's enough for the next 6 months~ /j

A
old hand
old hand
A
I really don't want to place bets on anything. I am looking forward to shields being usable again and see what comes, when it comes in regards to the rest. - I think it's called disappointment prevention. ^^

Last edited by Anska; 13/02/24 06:45 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Ninii
who wants to bet patch 6 has no new Minthara content, they just added a new kiss to her, that's enough for the next 6 months~ /j

6 Months? Years more like if treatment of Minthy is of any indication.
Seriously though, I'm ready to wait for proper fixes if Larian at very least publicly addressed it.

Also the amount of her voiced reactive dialogue at Act 1's Creche makes me wish she was recruitable in Act 1. After all, game doesn't allow you to go o Act 1 from 2, after you rescue Minthara.
After all, Moonrise trial works w/o her present just fine, so she shouldn't be really hardlocked to it.

#JusticeForMinthara
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlexZebol
After all, game doesn't allow you to go o Act 1 from 2, after you rescue Minthara.

If interested you can actually take her entirely back to ACT 1 and play through all the content that remains after leaving the area.

That's how I got her and Nere together, was pretty awesome grin

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by AlexZebol
Originally Posted by Ninii

6 Months? Years more like if treatment of Minthy is of any indication.
Seriously though, I'm ready to wait for proper fixes if Larian at very least publicly addressed it.

Also the amount of her voiced reactive dialogue at Act 1's Creche makes me wish she was recruitable in Act 1. After all, game doesn't allow you to go o Act 1 from 2, after you rescue Minthara.
After all, Moonrise trial works w/o her present just fine, so she shouldn't be really hardlocked to it.

So she really does have reactive voiced dialogue in Act 1? Neat.

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard