Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ametris
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Also it seems like Minthara and Halsin no longer share a tent, at least after the first long rest once she's recruited.

Halsin instead moves to a remote place at the camp after a long rest, so it looks like Larian is really going to implement having to choose between Halsin or Minthara in ACT 2.

That's good, albeit a bit slow of a change. Oh, it's gonna be SUCH a hard and painful choice. rolleyes

Haha, I like the eye roll. Yes, I’ve been looking for a way to get Halsin out of my camp for quite some time. (Sorry Halsin lovers, your point of view is 100% valid, but it’s just not for me.) So this seems like a good development, to me.

Act 3 spoilers

Now I guess I’ll have to actually succeed on the persuasion roll with Orin because I don’t really want other companions to die. Good thing I’ll be playing a bard next time!

Also it seems like Minthara and Halsin no longer share a tent, at least after the first long rest once she's recruited.

Halsin instead moves to a remote place at the camp after a long rest, so it looks like Larian is really going to implement having to choose between Halsin or Minthara in ACT 2.

This option truly can't come soon enough. Actually, I'll be testing something on my Selunite this time:

- Kill Halsin at the goblin camp, but also kill the goblins, protect the grove and knock Minty out. I wonder what's gonna happen in that scenario. Will the game acknowledge his death or he's gonna be suddenly resurrected, because the game isn't programmed with a path like this. Well, I'll keep a save file just in case something breaks.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
veteran
veteran
I'm here to confirm that Minthara no longer requires specific conditions to be recruited and can now be also recruited even after raiding the Grove.

FUN FACT; If you loot everything off of her in ACT 1, she'll spawn in Moonrise with a 2nd set of her own camp clothes, thus you can own x2 of her own clothes to match as a couple! grin

Excellent! Good work! Thanks for the screens!

As far as shadow dropping Emperor spoilers goes, yeah I mean she's clearly Clairvoyant. I don't care how villainous she comes off, if an NPC revealed that level of insight about what's going on right before mortal combat, any hero or wicked Durge who didn't stay their hand at the last minute would surely be a fool! The most valuable asset is information! And Minthara is shorthand for wisdom too. The wise call at this point would be to deliver on the Minthara Origin and the Menzoberranzan highway to hell expansion Campaign!

Fingers still double crossed hehe

Last edited by Black_Elk; 18/02/24 08:21 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I 've decided to share my findings, failed to see if it has been brought up to this topic yet and my sincerest apoligises if I am just spamming it up, read through pages and pages and perhaps I am just blind but this happened with a fresh new game started after Patch 5 and Hotfix 16 was released so keep that in mind.

This was the route of massacrating Grove so had plenty of mingle with Minthara early in Act 1 and whether this had any weight I would not know, playing two thirds into Act 3 with Minthara as a companion (and as love interest), she took me completely by surprise when this one time
kissing her (before patch 6) in the elfsong campsite, there was suddenly a dialogue option to tell Minthara that this last kiss tasted funny and she went on to explain she had glaced her lips with poison.

With only three dialogue options to choose from I must of course have picked the one with least voice over lines, so I reloaded my game to an earlier segment and retraced my steps exactly the same leading to that kissing point and guess what I never managed to retirgger this scene, has anyone in this topic managed to see what actually triggers this whether its completely random or just buggy?

Reason it took me by surprise was because felt like it happened relatively early into Act 3 so I was nowhere close to reaching epiloque.

Post patch 6 I have kissed Mitnhara extensively through Act 3 again, every step of the way of doing side quests or uncovering new areas I would talk to Minthara and give her a round of kisses and same as before never managed to trigger it again,
it was not the same as the poison dialogue you get during epiloque now that I reached there with no results.

veteran
veteran
  • Have you kissed her at any point before getting that dialogue?
  • Also which race are you playing?

I believe to get that dialogue you have to fail a hidden saving throw against poison when she's kissed for the very first time (similarly to how Shadowheart can only trigger a saving throw against wolves once per wolf), but I'm not entirely sure because I actually never managed to get it in my playthroughs.

journeyman
journeyman
  • Have you kissed her at any point before getting that dialogue?
  • Also which race are you playing?

I believe to get that dialogue you have to fail a hidden saving throw against poison when she's kissed for the very first time (similarly to how Shadowheart can only trigger a saving throw against wolves once per wolf), but I'm not entirely sure because I actually never managed to get it in my playthroughs.
Playing as a darge urge customised to a wooden female elf (not half elf) character and as soon as kissing was introduced for Minthara in hotfix 17, always give her dozens upon dozens kisses each time I play, so I must have kissed her like over 20 times in a single constant game of Act 3 before this was triggered (not first kiss by far) for me the first time, maybe noteworthy to mention the last "fog of war" I had left to explore was the abandoned plague ship and afterwards I went back to elfsong tavern camp.

This now just confusing to me because the very first time I kissed her either I succeeded the saving throw or you are given more chances in hopes of failing this saving throw again?
I just hope its not buggy where as, the games treats it as triggered event despite reloading to an earlier point.

Last edited by Xenonian; 18/02/24 12:40 PM.
Hello and welcome if anyone here is new to Minthara! The poison dialogue triggers randomly and people have speculated it to be RNG. You can get it as many times as you can in your game, so it can happen again for you later. I'm not sure if it's related to a hidden saving throw - in some of my saves, I get poisoned after 1 or 2 times, and in others I get poisoned after kissing her like 20 times lol.

A neat little detail I found a while back is Minthara can give you various types of poison and these are completely random.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co][Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co][Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

She also gives you drow poison which can put you to sleep and a few more I forgot the name of. She's got a lot in her arsenal, gotta catch them all :3

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
journeyman
journeyman
Does the type depend on what poison potions are kept in her inventory perhaps?
Maybe reason i fail so miserably now is because my wooden elf has strong saving throws, thank you so much for sharing this information.

Has me wondering if keeping her inventory clean from poisons would have any weight, hopefully not but now I am going to keep er stuffed with tons of poison. biggrin

-edit-
Originally Posted by rendemption
Can't say much about stats. I'm playing Dark Urge with high constitution and I got the poison dialogue like 3 times in a row, just my luck lol.
While I know wooden elfs are immune from being put asleep and generally can come with good saving throws, but I kept my constitution stats to only 10 for mine and just feels so random. laugh

Last edited by Xenonian; 18/02/24 02:22 PM.
Originally Posted by Xenonian
Does the type depend on what poison potions are kept in her inventory perhaps?
I can assure you it doesn't. I admit I hardly ever use poison and I usually just store them at camp, Minthara is already overpowered as it is crazy

I don't think there is a saving throw for the dialogue itself, but who knows? There is however a visible saving throw for when you get drow poison - if you succeed, you won't be put to sleep. It also shows up if you're an elf but you automatically succeed because you're immune. And another saving throw for when you get a poison cloud - if you succeed, you won't take damage.

Can't say much about stats. I'm playing Dark Urge with high constitution and I got the poison dialogue like 3 times in a row, just my luck lol.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
veteran
veteran
Huh, I just managed to trigger it on my testing save.

• Tried to spam several kisses, nothing.
  • Then I gave her all my poisons and tried another round of kisses, still nothing.
  • Then I disguised myself as a Githyanki (because a disguise resets back all her available dialogue in ACT 3) and I got instantly poisoned.
  • No saving throw was listed in the combat log, therefore this is highly likely just a dialogue with a low chance to trigger each time she's kissed.

S
S
On the topic of Minthara bugs, I've got what I presume is one of the new camp animations, which was her waving and then sticking a knife in the air. laugh
I think this might be an animation from act one, where she puts the knife through the map on the table.

apprentice
apprentice

WOW
finally! It's time to play!
Thx!

Originally Posted by ValkyrieN7

This option truly can't come soon enough. Actually, I'll be testing something on my Selunite this time:

- Kill Halsin at the goblin camp, but also kill the goblins, protect the grove and knock Minty out. I wonder what's gonna happen in that scenario. Will the game acknowledge his death or he's gonna be suddenly resurrected, because the game isn't programmed with a path like this. Well, I'll keep a save file just in case something breaks.

Just did it, it went smoothly. The grove acknowledges hes dead (not sure how, maybe a birdie told them) except Kagha. She says she's waiting for his return which is weird.

Other than that, party went well, slept and no cutscene the next day.

Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Originally Posted by ValkyrieN7

Just did it, it went smoothly. The grove acknowledges hes dead (not sure how, maybe a birdie told them) except Kagha. She says she's waiting for his return which is weird.

Other than that, party went well, slept and no cutscene the next day.

Okay, that's awesome. I was a bit slow with my game lately, but I'm glad you tested that! Althought it's very weird how Kagha doesn't really acknowledge his death. Writers really do hate her. Or maybe it's a bug, but somehow I doubt it.

Well, either way. Glad to know I can have Minthara on my good playthrough without Halsin!

stranger
stranger
Loving the new kissing animations but besides that she keeps repeating the same line about the Emperor every time something new happens. Also she seems to have skipped a conversation after killing Orin. I’m kinda disappointed about this, I feel like I’m missing content :c I’m pausing my durge until some of these issues are solved.

Still, I’m glad her tent is finally hers an not a mix of her tent an Halsin’s! Nice to see some improvements at last.

Away with all your superstitions
Servile masses arise, arise
We’ll change henceforth the old tradition
And spurn the dust to win the prize
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Revmir_Nav
Loving the new kissing animations but besides that she keeps repeating the same line about the Emperor every time something new happens. Also she seems to have skipped a conversation after killing Orin. I’m kinda disappointed about this, I feel like I’m missing content :c I’m pausing my durge until some of these issues are solved.

Still, I’m glad her tent is finally hers an not a mix of her tent an Halsin’s! Nice to see some improvements at last.
If you cast the spell of disguise self you'll be able to engage in that specific dialogue after killing Orin while hoping that it gets fixed in the future, given how many races we have in the game its one nice way of revisiting her past dialogues so many times.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Xenonian
If you cast the spell of disguise self you'll be able to engage in that specific dialogue after killing Orin while hoping that it gets fixed in the future, given how many races we have in the game its one nice way of revisiting her past dialogues so many times.

This is... such a strange workaround but as long as it works I'll be using it. Thanks!

veteran
veteran
Sigh... two months of waiting for this...

So it looks like this new bug where Minthara talks about the Emperor is far more severe than I initially thought. It's overriding all her reactive commentary, meaning she'll keep repeating this bugged line over the originally intended comments every single time when there's a newly developed situation throughout ACT 2 and ACT 3. So yeah, Larian REALLY broke her again...

I'm so glad that these forums have 30000 threads about every stupid topic in existence regarding sex, romance and other trivial bullshit that span up to 30 pages long, as Larian adds even more content to existing functional companions...

Meanwhile Minthara who is completely broken since Early Access, lacking content and only gets more broken with each update? Yeah screw her... the only thing her fans can hope for is that her pitifully miniscule incohesive content that's barely holding together doesn't break even further, but apparently can't even get that either.

stranger
stranger
The Emperor line bug is awful. I wanted to hear her thoughts regarding Astarion ascending, Viconia, the gnomes, Orin or whatever and she's just "Unnerving as it is..." I can only imagine that at the ending or maybe even in the epilogue she'll keep repeating this line.

And reviving her with Withers does not fix this. She's quite broken right now. Also I have the option to ask her about companions but nothing happens, maybe that happens to other people as well?

Our lady has been forsaken by Lolth, the Absolute and apparently Patch 6.

old hand
old hand
Sigh... two months of waiting for this...

So it looks like this new bug where Minthara talks about the Emperor is far more severe than I initially thought. It's overriding all her reactive commentary, meaning she'll keep repeating this bugged line over the originally intended comments every single time when there's a newly developed situation throughout ACT 2 and ACT 3. So yeah, Larian REALLY broke her again...

I'm so glad that these forums have 30000 threads about every stupid topic in existence regarding sex, romance and other trivial bullshit that span up to 30 pages long, as Larian adds even more content to existing functional companions...

Meanwhile Minthara who is completely broken since Early Access, lacking content and only gets more broken with each update? Yeah screw her... the only thing her fans can hope for is that her pitifully miniscule incohesive content that's barely holding together doesn't break even further, but apparently can't even get that either.

I definitely want to highlight this comment because, even as someone who doesn’t want to romance Minthara, I would like to be able to get to know her as a companion. And it is egregious that she is still in such deplorable condition so many months after release. It is very frustrating that Larian has a pattern of tinkering with something a little bit, only to break it (or something closely related to it) completely. (Just one example being, adding content for Mol in Act 3, and then her entire scene in act 2 breaks.) This is an egregious bug, not just because it ruins Minthara as a character by removing her reactivity, but also because it spoils one of the most massive reveals in the game. So I hope they set to fixing it as soon as they’re able. Help us out with another hotfix, Larian?

As much as I adore Shadowheart, I strongly agree with you that other companions should be fully functioning before even my darling gets (more) new content.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 21/02/24 01:43 AM.
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard