Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I'm in honour mode - Act 3. Steam PC, Vanilla unmodded game, Post hotfix 15.

My origin Lae'zel has had a basic club unintentionally equipped and is unable to unequip or equip another weapon. This club also rapidly equips/unequips itself which seems to prevent all casting, attacking, throwing, TALKING TO NPCs etc. Entering conversation triggers the first line of dialog but the response never appears. Unequipping or equipping OTHER slots on Lae'zel don't affect her abilities - she wore Aberration Hunters' Amulet but still has ancient grudges when unequipped - same for soul numb from reaper's embrace. Equipping NEW items do not provide their actions - Corvid token does not give the raven polymorph, mask of the shapeshifter doesn't give disguise.

Dragging an equipped weapon from another character to Lae'zel's weapon slot will cause both characters to suffer from the bugged weapon - swapping back and forth and unequipping other weapons.

Cause:
I filled a bag at camp to sell a trader. At some point in this process, the club was swapped for Lae'zel's Nyrulna. She became heavily encumbered in the process. I began hearing the sound of rapidly equipping items.
I assume this is something to do with encumbrance and or the returning weapon property.

What I've tried:
Disarming Lae'zel as battlemaster
Killing and resurrecting Lae'zel - with and without looting her entire inventory.
Every known way of equipping 1h, 2h, shields, dragging, right click, etc...
Add to wares
Cast polymorph on Lae'zel
Intentionally encumbering - gradually dropping weight

Can't try:
Change class at withers - can't progress conversation
Wild shape - can't class change, items don't give effects

Suggestions welcome! I'm willing to try anything at this point to avoid losing a nearly 90 hour honour run.

Last edited by ZevBlack; 23/12/23 10:55 PM. Reason: clarity
I haven't encountered this glitch, but just tossing in a few suggestions for you to try:
  • Use a character with the ability "COMMAND," then have her "Drop" the weapon. Generally a Paladin or Shadowheart should have this ability.
  • Remove all her armor, have a second character use ranged and melee disarming attack, then attack and see if she will drop
  • Have you tried pickpocketing the club off of her?
  • If the club is metal, try and see if heat metal will work?

Sometimes saving and loading back into the game helps, but if you're on honor mode, I'm not sure I would risk it.

Last edited by Lillith; 22/12/23 01:43 PM.
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Thanks for the suggestions. Command drop doesn't seem to work on allies. I will give pickpocket a try.

edit: pickpocket doesn't work since the item is considered equipped.

Already saved and loaded assuming that would work so I'm stuck finding a workaround or waiting for a fix.

Last edited by ZevBlack; 22/12/23 02:42 PM. Reason: update
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Being sent to jail doesn't unequip the club either

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
I was able to load, equip a 2h weapon on another character, and then switch it to origin Lae'zel: This unequipped the swapped weapon BUT allowed me to speak to withers and respec...

After changing class to druid (to try shapeshift workaround) she has no new spells/actions still, and pulling up spell list shows an empty screen under druid tab.

This bug is game-breaking if it happens to the main character.

Last edited by ZevBlack; 23/12/23 11:31 PM. Reason: grammar
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
This sounds like mods and multiple patches played in the playthrough itself. I suggest wipe all data and disable all mods. Reinstall the game and play without modding or cheating.

Last edited by Myth1799; 24/12/23 03:57 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ZevBlack
Steam PC, Vanilla unmodded game, Post hotfix 15.

Originally Posted by Myth1799
This sounds like mods and multiple patches played in the playthrough itself. [...] Reinstall the game and play without modding or cheating.

Well, anyway.

Have you, by any chance bound the [previous] weapon as an Eldritch Knight or something? A long rest would solve that.

Last edited by rodeolifant; 24/12/23 05:01 AM.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
The returning weapon Nyrulna was equipped originally but somehow got swapped for a pair of clubs while preparing a bag for sale.

I have been trying to figure out a workaround to where I can rest but a cutscene is triggered (Wyll's Act 3 Mission) where I can't progress.

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
No mods, no console shenanigans; I was trying to get the last achievements (Honour + Karlach) before delving into mods.

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
After killing Wyll to avoid the cutscene I managed to long rest but the issue persists.

C
stranger
stranger
C
The club is stuck dual-wielding on my main character. No mods.

Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by crusoebear
The club is stuck dual-wielding on my main character. No mods.

This was the case for me as well. I've been able to swap weapons from another character to the character with the club, but the primary club either reequips itself or enters a weird state where it still thinks it is equipped and unequips anything new.

Do you have any gear with actions associated? Do you keep those actions even when unequipped?

K
stranger
stranger
K
We found a solution wyllhappy

This club is very dangerous. It caused us to not only be unable to unequip it, but also unable to equip any other weapon as well as sometimes make us completely stuck in dialogues with NPCs, or even unable to perform any other actions. It just completely bugs out the game in general. Sometimes, the weapon would flicker in our weapon slots, and we had to kill and resurrect each other to fix it.

Solution: Spam the equip torch button at the bottom left of your action bars. until the flickering slows down, or until you lose the club. Then send it to camp via inventory, and never touch it again. If you have a character stuck in dialogue, push him far away, and you can eventually get out. If all 4 chars are in dialogue, you probably need to reload a save or restart if you play single save/honor.

Make sure you NEVER touch this club again. Just leave it in the camp supplies forever. You cant get rid of it without bugging the game.

Last edited by Kellar; 24/02/24 03:12 PM.
T
Teq Offline
stranger
stranger
T
Unfortunately, this bug has been around for ages https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/1650rlz/game_keeps_equipping_clubs_to_my_characters/ (and even noted in the wiki https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Club)

Fortunately, it's NOT as game-breaking as it appears; I've encountered it twice and (eventually) managed to get the damn thing unequipped, although I don't remember exactly which method I used. But check the threads, try the stuff people mention, you can be free of that cursed piece of trash!

Last edited by Teq; 25/02/24 02:22 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard