Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49
N
addict
addict
N
Without spaces after spoiler(or before it)
[ spoiler][ /spoiler]

Shadowheart's reaction is priceless there XD

addict
addict
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
Also, that exchange between Astarion and Halsin is so cringe, I wish I could unhear it.

Same. Is there anyone who finds this hot? It just seems to be written for memes.

Originally Posted by Sobocles
I like Astarion. I think there's a scenario where even if you're not in a romance with him, you can still invite him to the brothel scene.

Yeah, you can still have a fling with him. I'll leave the vid in the spoiler if you want to check it out.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Hatestrangething
I would like to ask you something please i if you prefer privite msg its okay. I dont understand the point of malice
Do you want to tell me something? What? Send me a private message if you want, I have no problem with that, or write it here.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Netav
Without spaces after spoiler(or before it)
[ spoiler][ /spoiler]

Shadowheart's reaction is priceless there XD
arrg it's not working for me
[ spoilerr]
[/spoilerr]

Last edited by Sobocles; 08/01/24 08:49 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
[spoilerr]text here[/spoilerr] with 1 r in each and this will work, I promise you

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
From shitting on Halsin to a how to guide. Shared animosity does wonderful things to bring people together lol

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
From shitting on Halsin to a how to guide. Shared animosity does wonderful things to bring people together lol
I want an orgy with Gale, Astarion, Wyll, Lazel, Shadowh**re, the Mother Superior, Scratch, Karlach, but please not with Halsin frown

H
Banned
Banned
H
you said before you detect some malice. I didnt understand that point. Why they would do that? They are nothing without us their audience

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
you said before you detect some malice. I didnt understand that point. Why they would do that? They are nothing without us their audience
I said it because it's quite strange, for example, to include that party banter where Shadowheart flirts with Halsin right after that romance scene in Act 3 (after such a beautiful scene). Think about it, the vast majority of people who play video games are heterosexual men or lesbian women who are in a romance with Shadowheart. So, if that's the case, how could someone like that be interested in including a man in the relationship? Or view something like that favorably? Unless they're bisexual, it's very odd. But keep in mind that this is just my opinion and it doesn't have to be the reason.

N
addict
addict
N
I want an orgy with Gale, Astarion, Wyll, Lazel, Shadowh**re, the Mother Superior, Scratch, Karlach, but please not with Halsin frown
I would pass, but I would welcome this "feature" if they weren't trying to include themselves but if Tav could invite them, not this vile 0 respect self-inclusion from Halsin.

Might be bug, might be oversight, who knows. It makes no sense to mock their players like that for no reason honestly. Right? RIIIIGHT?

Funny times lmao

I said it because it's quite strange, for example, to include that party banter where Shadowheart flirts with Halsin right after that romance scene in Act 3 (after such a beautiful scene). Think about it, the vast majority of people who play video games are heterosexual men or lesbian women who are in a romance with Shadowheart. So, if that's the case, how could someone like that be interested in including a man in the relationship? Or view something like that favorably? Unless they're bisexual, it's very odd. But keep in mind that this is just my opinion and it doesn't have to be the reason.
No, you are right. I'd say it's not evidence that she has like 53% romance completed of all companions, she alone>7 others romances.
I'd say that she is "default" choice for heterosexual men. Obviously lesbian women too. I agree that this is strange to include this banter, whats the point of this?
They thought that everyone are going to be into Halsin or something? It's just shoved in your face and this is stupid.

Last edited by Netav; 08/01/24 09:34 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
No, you are right. I'd say it's not evidence that she has like 53% romance completed of all companions, she alone>7 others romances.
I'd say that she is "default" choice for heterosexual men. Obviously lesbian women too. I agree that this is strange to include this banter, whats the point of this?
They thought that everyone are going to be into Halsin or something? It's just shoved in your face and this is stupid.

Larian: "You mean to say you didn't want to have sex with the incompetent druid bear man thing? Le gasp!"

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Bruh I even see Eda there in one of the comments lol
Ahaha oh my god, seriously. So much for "it's just a game".

Sobocles, use spoiler please for videos.
Both of you:
Personal statements of this nature qualify as personal attacks and deliberate antagonizing against other users. This entire thread has gone well beyond the scope of discussing any aspect of the game, and what could be said has already been said dozens of times. If you cannot disagree with someone in a respectful manner on this forum you should not be on this forum at all.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
As a Halsimp (solo romanced him twice now), I'm going to throw in my two cents:

I can't comment on Shadowheart much as I didn't romance her, but it feels like the writer was just trying to have fun with shipping his two characters together, but didn't account the emotional impact that it might have on some players (I'm not trying to bad mouth the writer, this is just what I legitimately believe). I think the easiest way to remedy this is to lock the interaction behind the poly relationship.

Also all this extreme Halsin hate makes me quite sad, honestly. The guy is super sweet and has layers to his personality other than "horny bear man" if you dig deep enough. Between having to deal with the curse and his guilt for a century, his loneliness (he has no family anymore), being forced into being a leader position he didn't want, his backstory with the drow, etc. It's no wonder he falls head over heels for the player when you literally (figuratively) sweep him off his feet and fix all those problems. UGH I just love this big ol' elf, man.
(And there is a datamined friendship route for him if you felt that he comes on too strongly)

ANYWAYS, I hope Larian tweaks his flags around in the future, including an alternate way to trigger Halsin's backstory reveal without having to do an orgy.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Mizukun

I can't comment on Shadowheart much as I didn't romance her, but it feels like the writer was just trying to have fun with shipping his two characters together, but didn't account the emotional impact that it might have on some players (I'm not trying to bad mouth the writer, this is just what I legitimately believe). I think the easiest way to remedy this is to lock the interaction behind the poly relationship.

Also all this extreme Halsin hate makes me quite sad, honestly. The guy is super sweet and has layers to his personality other than "horny bear man" if you dig deep enough. Between having to deal with the curse and his guilt for a century, his loneliness (he has no family anymore), being forced into being a leader position he didn't want, his backstory with the drow, etc. It's no wonder he falls head over heels for the player when you literally (figuratively) sweep him off his feet and fix all those problems. UGH I just love this big ol' elf, man.
(And there is a datamined friendship route for him if you felt that he comes on too strongly)

ANYWAYS, I hope Larian tweaks his flags around in the future, including an alternate way to trigger Halsin's backstory reveal without having to do an orgy.
I understand, we decided to add a bit of humor to the conversation to make it more enjoyable (laughing at our tragedies about our waifu being obsessed with another NPC). But I understand that you might like Halsin, I see a lot of love for that character, God, there's even another thread that has more than 99 pages talking about him. I insist one of the best ways to correct that character is to modify his flags, as many of his hateful interactions are programming issues, not issues with the character himself.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

Both of you:
Personal statements of this nature qualify as personal attacks and deliberate antagonizing against other users. This entire thread has gone well beyond the scope of discussing any aspect of the game, and what could be said has already been said dozens of times. If you cannot disagree with someone in a respectful manner on this forum you should not be on this forum at all.
Hello, just to say that I never felt offended or attacked by the comments. I shared a video that contained spoilers and didn't know how to hide them at that time, so I had to delete it. We all know each other here and get along well. We just suggested adding a bit of humor to the conversation, that's all.

Last edited by Sobocles; 08/01/24 11:24 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ametris
Someone actually managed to find out what happens in the drow scene with Astarion and Halsin when the lights go off. Weirdly enough, Astarion is fully animated and you can even see what his disassociated face looks like. Ouch.

It's just to the point of tears... Why do they allow this to be done to Astarion? Why does he let them do it? As I watched that scene, my hands shake and I just want to rush in there and kill them all... Slowly. Yes, there are plenty of "opportunities" in the game to betray Astarion, kill him, say or do a rare abomination towards him, but this is something special. Halsin is dead in my game for that one damn line about "claws" and spitting on "roleplay" and "metagame".

Astarion feels bad during this whole scene, and it shows. The finale is just the point, the last chord of this horrible scene. It's an interesting decision to create a "paradise" for perverts in the game, while those players who take the story and their favorite characters seriously and really love them are made to feel hate.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Maybe all of this is written to show that open relationships aren't a good idea? But maybe I would be giving too much credit. (Replying to Marielle)

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 09/01/24 05:46 AM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

Both of you:
Hello, just to say that I never felt offended or attacked by the comments. I shared a video that contained spoilers and didn't know how to hide them at that time, so I had to delete it. We all know each other here and get along well. We just suggested adding a bit of humor to the conversation, that's all.
Nah man I think you're good. Netav and I just got a bit carried away.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Mizukun

I mean it is ok to like different characters and though a certain character may not be my cup of tea, it's not an issue if other people find them interesting and lovable. The people who solo romance Halsin get a very different experience from those who poly romance and those who don't romance him at all, and it is these vastly differing experiences that causes this great division between love and resentment and hate for the character. If you are not romancing him you are immediately hit with a gaslighting response to your rejection, followed by an assurance that everything is good and he is understanding and won't pursue the matter any further. But then he still persists trying to nestle his way into your love life and sexlife, and in act 3 all he really talks about is sex. This is no longer the sweet and caring guy that the solo romancers are experiencing, but someone who is at best just a joke if you don't take the writing very seriously and really quite icky and gross if you do take it seriously. Take a moment to look at and read about the situation that is going on in that Astarion scenario and you should be able to fully understand why people are really questioning what the fuck this guy is up to being there and getting involved with that.

I think people would be more than ok and pleased if it was as simple as the game respecting your choices when you say you are not interested in him. I mean, his initial response really promises that he won't be pressing the issue, but then he turns around and does it anyway, making him look more like someone who just tries to manipulate people by pretending to be sweet and respectful than a genuinely honest person.

addict
addict
Maybe all of this is written to show that open relationships aren't a good idea? But maybe I would be giving too much credit. (Replying to Marielle)

Oh, it's obvious to anyone with a clear head (especially if your partner has a history of severe trauma related to this). I may have spoken too harshly, but it really hits a nerve. I truly understand and sympathize with all the Shadowheart fans who are pissed off about the whole Halsin mess. It's much easier for me, I feel rage for Astarion, not at Astarion himself, but when your beloved wants such a thing... It's a pain.

Last edited by Marielle; 09/01/24 07:29 AM.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard