Print Thread
Page 34 of 49 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 48 49
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by Anska
Besides all this, I am mostly puzzled why he doesn't become a recruitable companion right after the party, he just lounges in camp and does not even have reactions to things going on in the other companions' lives, which is very weird. He is there, but kind of not part of the team.
Agree that he should be recruitable after the party! For those that don’t want him in the party, they could also have the choice not to recruit him there.

Because it’s his personal quest, I like that curing the shadow curse requires him. It makes him feel more involved in the story.

I honestly dont understand why he isnt playable after the party, it doesnt make sense narratively if hes decided to ally with you even just for the curse. I dont see how from a programming perspective they couldnt do that. Sure thered be no banter or dialogue but if they take some of his act 2 dialogue and move it around itd be just fine and wouldnt really change much narratively. Im also really unsure why he has the dialogue he has at the party, has one or two lines here and there IF you picked the "flirty" party dialogue, and he never really speaks again until act 2. Like he could open up about superficial stuff at first and once we start his quest he could tart to open up deeper, talking about Thaniel and stuff.

The only way I can reasonably explain it is that hes taken all of his research notes on the tadpoles and the curse and is studying them in camp while we take Lae'zel to the Creche and do all the other things we need to do on the way. But him being basically un interactive until act 2 is very strange.

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 28/01/24 02:39 PM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by Anska
Besides all this, I am mostly puzzled why he doesn't become a recruitable companion right after the party, he just lounges in camp and does not even have reactions to things going on in the other companions' lives, which is very weird. He is there, but kind of not part of the team.
Agree that he should be recruitable after the party! For those that don’t want him in the party, they could also have the choice not to recruit him there.

Because it’s his personal quest, I like that curing the shadow curse requires him. It makes him feel more involved in the story.

I honestly dont understand why he isnt playable after the party, it doesnt make sense narratively if hes decided to ally with you even just for the curse. I dont see how from a programming perspective they couldnt do that. Sure thered be no banter or dialogue but if they take some of his act 2 dialogue and move it around itd be just fine and wouldnt really change much narratively. Im also really unsure why he has the dialogue he has at the party, has one or two lines here and there IF you picked the "flirty" party dialogue, and he never really speaks again until act 2. Like he could open up about superficial stuff at first and once we start his quest he could tart to open up deeper, talking about Thaniel and stuff.
It has nothing to do with the narrative or programming. It's that Halsin's level is too high for an act 1 party. Druids have ranks which are associated with levels, so they can't just lower it either and remain coherent within the lore.

Given more time, Larian could have perhaps found a story reason, but they didn't have it.

veteran
veteran
Maybe they didn’t have time because he was added late. I hope they add it in a patch or in the definitive edition!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Silver/
It has nothing to do with the narrative or programming. It's that Halsin's level is too high for an act 1 party. Druids have ranks which are associated with levels, so they can't just lower it either and remain coherent within the lore.

Given more time, Larian could have perhaps found a story reason, but they didn't have it.

Fair enough, I dont know too much about DnD/Forgotten Realms lore anyway though I am now looking into it.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Most likely it was just the lack of time to add for him- it would have required a lot more to add lines, etc for him in all the act 1 encounters than act 2 and act 3. They did the best they could given the time constraints.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I managed to get the dialogue, again considering everything this is hilarious af. I mean Ragzlin had to believe that in some level because I don't think "Speak To the Dead" allows a dead person to lie, unless of course they are maybe particularly powerful which Ragzlin isn't. So my new question is what did Halsin do lol

N
addict
addict
N
Lmao, this is not a coincidence at this point. Add chimera banter with Laezel and reason of his facial scars...
It's not a funny joke, cmon.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123

I managed to get the dialogue, again considering everything this is hilarious af. I mean Ragzlin had to believe that in some level because I don't think "Speak To the Dead" allows a dead person to lie, unless of course they are maybe particularly powerful which Ragzlin isn't. So my new question is what did Halsin do lol
Traumatize the adult goblins enough that they gave up on torturing him for information, seemingly.

A
old hand
old hand
A

Ignorance was such bliss in this case. XD I have no idea - flirt with one of the worgs? Or does "rutting" have any other meaning? - Though, the idea that he got captured because he was too busy flirting with someone, is a little bit hilarious.

A
A
Originally Posted by Silver/

I think they have sort of turned "Archdruid" into a vague term. He is not a level 20 at any point: a level 4 player druid is just as strong as he is when escaping the Goblin Camp. Kagha is also an "Archdruid."

A
A
I honestly dont understand why he isnt playable after the party, it doesnt make sense narratively if hes decided to ally with you even just for the curse. I dont see how from a programming perspective they couldnt do that. Sure thered be no banter or dialogue but if they take some of his act 2 dialogue and move it around itd be just fine and wouldnt really change much narratively.

He has dialogue and approval flags throughout Act 2, even places you are unlikely to have him recruited, like the House of Healing boss. It seems very doable -- and logical -- to have him join you when you arrive in the Shadowlands. It feels awkward to be essentially running errands for him for a while.

After the Ketheric battle, players could have the option to invite him along or not.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I think it's a case of classic "gameplay and story segregation" honestly. Gale is mentioned to be a former Archmage and Shadowheart can become a Dark Justiciar, none of which are things that can happen at those levels. It's purely a gameplay convention, just like how Halsin's 10 strength is contradicted by a line in the epilogue mentioning him moving stone "three grown men couldn't budge" together.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S

It seems the goblins also wanted to get rid of Halsin xD, but not for the reasons people think

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I can't believe that I'm siding with the goblins on this matter lmao

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Did anyone know that Halsin has dialogue when you fight the eagles in the mountain pass? Is it real or did the youtube short lie to me? I thought it was so strange for him to have it

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 04/02/24 12:42 AM.
A
A
Did anyone know that Halsin has dialogue when you fight the eagles in the mountain pass? Is it real or did the youtube short lie to me? I thought it was so strange for him to have it

Checking the dialogue files, he does have quite a few lines in 1b and they aren't marked as IMPOSSIBLE. There are also some approval tags.

There's an exploit to get Halsin to return with you to Act 1. Larian could have thought about the situation, or the dialogue is just leftover junk from a development path not taken.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I just want the option to tell Halsin I'll talk to my LI but then decide to not go through with it. Being able to tell your LI they're the only one for you would be nice. There's no rewards for being loyal to your partners in BG3. If anything, you miss out on content. No breakup dialogue, no "wow you chose me?" scenes.

N
addict
addict
N
Just checked, banter and sharess caress things are still in. Time to send feedback again I guess(it turned into my tradition at this point).
To be fair her hair are still not fixed(changing color mid scene).

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I think it's time to just give it up.
It's been almost 7 months now, multiple threads hitting hundreds of replies and thousands of views, discussion on Reddit, multiple feedback threads on their Discord, many people sending in feedback about it via Larian's website and still nothing has been changed. They even made Gale MORE receptive to doing to Drow/Halsin fivesome in this latest patch that just goes to show you where their priorities lie. They have no intention of changing this and they never will.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by portionbeans
I think it's time to just give it up.
It's been almost 7 months now, multiple threads hitting hundreds of replies and thousands of views, discussion on Reddit, multiple feedback threads on their Discord, many people sending in feedback about it via Larian's website and still nothing has been changed. They even made Gale MORE receptive to doing to Drow/Halsin fivesome in this latest patch that just goes to show you where their priorities lie. They have no intention of changing this and they never will.
They haven't fixed her hair bug. Do you really think they are stubborn to fix something that had so much feedback? I don't. Because there is no reason to.
And so I just send feedback and wait. Even if I will be left alone demanding this changed.
Btw what updated Gale sharess caress thing looks like?

Page 34 of 49 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard