Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
zg4real Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
Here's the thing. I really, REALLY like going first. A lot. Also not being surprised is great, but there are only like 2-3 fights in the game I can remember where you are scripted to get surprised. Playing on Honour. I wonder how much difference there is between +3 and +5 to initiative. Seems like it could matter, but I'm not sure.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Well, given that initiative only rolls on a D4 in BG3...

Having +3 pretty much will make you go first anyway (With Bow of Awareness you will be guarateed first every time). As even a 1 end up tied for first (The +1 from Bow will make 5 the lowest you can roll which will always beat everyone else)

As for getting surprised, there's always Elixir of Vigilance which provides the Alert feat (+5 to initiative and can't be surprised)

Last edited by Taril; 02/01/24 02:02 AM.
T
addict
addict
T
Yu Just Need 18 dex and Alert if yu want to Always Go First..
If yu are Melee Get the Sword from the Lady in Crech its +2,3 initiative something like that..
and its the Best sword yu can get untill act 3. no Joke.
(if yu dont want to Spend Points in Dex Get the Gloves 18 dex in the Cresch and Use it with the Sword.)

(With the Sword in my Hexablade Runs i never even Need 18 dex to always be the First.. i only get 16 dex and Alert.)
Same with my Laezel Build.. Fighter/Hunter.
I always go 18 Str /18 dex or 18 Str /16 dex and gave her the Sword untill i get the better one from Voss.
(I Like the Str higher becouse i gave her the Bow yu get on Zentharin that Scales with Dex/Str that thing is Broken.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 02/01/24 04:02 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard