Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
zg4real Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Z
After the Hag initiates dialogue following the fight in her lair in Act 1, I roll Deception or Intimidation (tried both) but mid-dice roll, the fight resumes as if I had refused the deal. This happens every time now and no matter which character the Hag initiates the dialogue with. Super frustrating because it means I literally cannot
save Mayrina and get the Hag Hair.

Playing on PS5 with no mods. This has been happening for me since hotfix 16. Anyone else?

Edit: After filing a bug report, the Larian rep stated that they had received several reports of this when applying Guidance to the roll. I was using Thaumaturgy. So applying abilities to the Intimidation/Deception roll seems to bug out the dialogue and re-initiate the fight. After doing the fight several times, I can confirm that this seems to be the cause as the dialogue proceeds normally if you don't apply Guidance/Thaumaturgy to the roll.

PSA: do not use abilities for this roll until Larian patches it. Just roll it straight and rely on your passive bonuses.

Last edited by zg4real; 26/01/24 05:26 AM.
S
old hand
old hand
S
No, but I've seen someone unable to talk to Mayrina. It might be related

I am on PS5 and did this battle a few days ago on Honour Mode.

I failed the dice check for her to free Mayrina and give me hag hair.
She did not outright attack me. The dialogue continued and I had the option to
1. Take the deal (get the hair)
2. Attack her (save Mayrina).
I took the hair, obviously. Mayrina yelled "What about me?!" Hag went along her merry way xD I'll see her in Act 3 :B

The last two playthroughs, I was in the hag's good graces though. I chatted with her at druid's grove tiefling camp, she marked her hut on my map. I protected her from Mayrina's brothers and I chatted with her about the tadpole in Tav's head *heh* She offered to remove Tav's eye, but Volo already took one p:

Last edited by Lillith; 25/01/24 02:52 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard