Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's one way to legitimately spoil oneself in-game.

If the player comes across the Mystic Carrion without ever even seeing Oskar Fevras in Baldur's Gate, the dialogue about Oskar being possessed will still be available regardless and significantly spoil that part of the quest.

Here's an example of a character who hasn't seen Oskar yet in Baldur's Gate, yet having full access to dialogue about him they can't possibly know;

old hand
old hand
That whole quest with Oskar feels like kind of a mess to me and it definitely needs some polish. Not only does the bug that you pointed out exist, but as soon as you meet Oskar in Act 3 (if you’ve already met Mystic Carrion), you can tell his wife that you found a letter from Mystic Carrion upstairs in Oskar’s painting room, even when you have never been up there.

I also found the quest very confusing in its story flow. Quest spoilers and also trigger warning for unaliving oneself.

In the end, it turns out that Oskar was possessed by the spirit of an old lover he was pining over. He was apparently hung up on the fact that she had unalived herself, and in his self-absorption, he was fretting that she had done it over him or because of him. I was given dialogue options to refer to her manner of death, even though I hadn’t discovered it through the story, or been given any indication of it, that I could see. So it came out of left field. I would like for the dialogue to be based on knowledge that my character already has.

A
old hand
old hand
A
Apart from that the whole area has at times severe lag for me as long as any enemies are "alive" and the quest reward is very buggy, generally showing the wrong party member.

Last edited by Anska; 08/02/24 05:46 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I totally confirm this inconsistency: never encountered the artist in act 3 I could refer to him on the first dialogue with the MC. I decided to talk about the other quest (the thrumbo one because i met him earlier) and went for it. When back I could never talk about the artist again (I still haven't found the artist at this point) even if i unofficially know that the quest reward is about him. So at this point i'm afraid to make progress in the thrumbo quest, i'll come back when i meet the artist.

Link Copied to Clipboard